Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Has anyone looked into the files and found a way to extract the portraits yet, or inteoduce replacers? There's characters whose portraits I wouldn't mind replacing.

Absinthe

Arcane
Tacgnol, huh, I see it's been a victim of one of Paizo's infamous bullshit FAQ nerfs, where the FAQ writers nerf shit they don't like by reinterpreting mechanics in ways that obviously go against the original designer's intent (which is why they had to take out the increased damage reduction suggestion, which very blatantly indicates the archetype designer's intention, and tried to pass it off as a, uh, "accident"). They pull that kind of stunt a lot "It's not a nerf! It's just a clarification based on dubious principles that completely changes how it works." Note for instance that the "Increased Damage Reduction" rage power doesn't even state "Barbarian's damage reduction class feature" but "damage reduction" in general, which has a very different meaning, and that they don't even follow those name-based rules for class features half the time or the "animal companion class feature" feats wouldn't work for stuff like Druids (because their animal companion feature is technically named Nature's Bond) or Rangers (theirs is technically named Hunter's Bond).

Xeon

Augur
Can you see an enemy's information? like a tooltip box telling you its current status effects or something. Similar to the small tootip in the upper right corner of PoE iirc during fights.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
lhtwOej.png

Alrighty then!

This spoiler may help you not feel bad about your defeat:
The treasure is +2 agile dueling sword (it's exotic proficiency)

Wait, nevermind. Being high on my victory against the greater enraged owlbears, I misread the name of the beast! That treasure is in the swamp...
The big owlbear was pretty easy battle. If you are talking about the one in the city. It is really a shame that battles that look interesting and epic end up in a flop after a turn or two,while a five wolfs in the wood endup killing your party. They made it hard in the wrong places.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tacgnol, huh, I see it's been a victim of one of Paizo's infamous bullshit FAQ nerfs, where the FAQ writers reinterpret mechanics in ways that obviously go against the original designer's intent (which is why they had to take out the increased damage reduction suggestion, which very blatantly indicates the archetype designer's intention and tried to pass it off as a, uh, "accident"). They pull that kind of stunt a lot "It's not a nerf! It's just a clarification based on dubious principles that completely changes how it works." Note for instance that the "Increased Damage Reduction" rage power doesn't even state "Barbarian's damage reduction class feature" but "damage reduction" in general, which has a very different meaning, and that they don't even follow those name-based rules for class features half the time or the "animal companion class feature" feats wouldn't work for stuff like Druids (because their animal companion feature is technically named Nature's Bond) or Rangers (theirs is technically named Hunter's Bond).

Yeah Paizo and their infamous errata and hidden changes. They are fond of those.

This one was definitely a stealth nerf due to how popular Invulnerable Rager was over other archetypes. They pulled a Sawyer in this instance.

I've usually let Barbarian IR players take it in games I've dm'd.

Mark Richard

Arcane
she flat out tells you she has no interest in sexual relations
There was a missed opportunity here for Owlcat to write the first explicitly asexual romance in a RPG.

Bioware would never let such a chance slip by! :lol:
Not necessarily the first. Gaider has outright said he thinks the idea of a dwarf romance makes him uncomfortable, which is why DA never had one.
You get to bone not one but two status hunters in the dwarven noble prologue alone.

You also get to bone both Leiliana and Morrigan as a dwarf...
And two of those unions yield sons. Not even the Darkspawn can compete with that kind of virility. The Dwarf Noble could've repopulated Ferelden in a matter of months.

Vatnik Wumao
she flat out tells you she has no interest in sexual relations
There was a missed opportunity here for Owlcat to write the first explicitly asexual romance in a RPG.

Bioware would never let such a chance slip by! :lol:
Not necessarily the first. Gaider has outright said he thinks the idea of a dwarf romance makes him uncomfortable, which is why DA never had one.
You get to bone not one but two status hunters in the dwarven noble prologue alone.

And two of those unions yield sons. Not even the Darkspawn can compete with that kind of virility. The Dwarf Noble could've repopulated Ferelden in a matter of months.
Manlets, manlets everywhere.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Tacgnol, huh, I see it's been a victim of one of Paizo's infamous bullshit FAQ nerfs, where the FAQ writers reinterpret mechanics in ways that obviously go against the original designer's intent (which is why they had to take out the increased damage reduction suggestion, which very blatantly indicates the archetype designer's intention and tried to pass it off as a, uh, "accident"). They pull that kind of stunt a lot "It's not a nerf! It's just a clarification based on dubious principles that completely changes how it works." Note for instance that the "Increased Damage Reduction" rage power doesn't even state "Barbarian's damage reduction class feature" but "damage reduction" in general, which has a very different meaning, and that they don't even follow those name-based rules for class features half the time or the "animal companion class feature" feats wouldn't work for stuff like Druids (because their animal companion feature is technically named Nature's Bond) or Rangers (theirs is technically named Hunter's Bond).

Yeah Paizo and their infamous errata and hidden changes. They are fond of those.

This one was definitely a stealth nerf due to how popular Invulnerable Rager was over other archetypes. They pulled a Sawyer in this instance.

I've usually let Barbarian IR players take it in games I've dm'd.
What pisses me off is that they're not honest about it. They say that it was in error, when not only did it stack by RAW, but it was on the recommended list. That's not an "error", it suggests that the rule was deliberately written to allow them to stack to begin with, and that this stacking was the intent of the archetype.

In this regard, 3.5 had it better, because "FAQ is not RAW", and FAQ:s and "Sage Advice" were often worded in the way of "we would recommend.." and so on, but weren't considered Errata. Now, 3.5. suffered from the issue that they sucked at errata things that were obviously not intended and that had been addressed in FAQ:s in no uncertain terms, but that's really a separate issue.

Polanski

Scholar
Does anyone know if it is possible to complete Harrim's quest, while still
accepting the trolls as your vassals.

As soon as I accept the offer, I am thrown out of the castle, and Harrim's quest is failed.

Mech

Cipher
People who write those FAQs always seem to be completely oblivious to the obvious intention of a rule. I have seen that in so many table tops games that I just say fuck it and make my own house rules when they pull that shit, despite how much I despise house rules as a concept (unless done for very good reasons, such as this).

bataille

Arcane
Wait, nevermind. Being high on my victory against the greater enraged owlbears, I misread the name of the beast! That treasure is in the swamp...

And here I went around looking for it :)

Sorry! Was agitated.

On a side note, looks like the basic stats like AC begin hitting the ceiling around level 9 or 10, so it's time to use kinda meta spells like displacement. That makes me wonder whether there are things like cloaks of displacement in the game. If there are, I bet they are either super hard to get, very rare, cost millions of dollars, or all combined...

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Didn't Call of Cuthlthuthul come out with a d20-based game book? What are the Elder Horrors and assorted Elder Gods' stats?

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Statement regarding 1.04.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDD RUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIANS.
STOP TRYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGG TO FIX BUG WHEN YOU ARE DRUNK. YOU ARE NEUTRALLY RUSSIAN ON ALIGMENT SCALE. THIS IS WORSE THAN STALKER CLEAR SKY.

End Of Statement.

Seriously Count on Russians to reverse usual pattern and have working fix for Mac and Linux and Fuckup for Windows.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Didn't Call of Cuthlthuthul come out with a d20-based game book? What are the Elder Horrors and assorted Elder Gods' stats?

This one's in Pathfinder, although it's not part of the regular Kingmaker adventure path:

pathfinder_monster12.jpg

Bocian

Arcane

Oh, right, that's dwarf/dwarf though.

His problem would be a non-dwarf PC pursuing a dwarf.

Edit:
CuGGlQwWIAAMB2C.jpg:orig

Looks like Dave's not a bear fan, unlike Tim.

There's even a dwarf female that flirts with you in DAI, but it leads to nothing.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Lace_Harding

Oh yeah. In Trespasser they claim it turns into a relationship if you didn't pursue anyone else and of course that's a post-Gaider DLC. :M
Female dwarves in his opinion look 14... but he wouldn't mind writing the romance.
What a fucking pathetic excuse of a man.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
If I were a GM: none. You get their attention, you die screaming. Simple as that.

Full intervention sure but You are telling me that Eldritch horror is going to personally bother squezing particular ant ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom