Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I will bring buttons back

Buttons

• Total voters

laclongquan

Arcane
I havent played Oblivion so I dont know how correct your example is.

But if you change it to Fallout New Vegas I might get it.

FNV with mods and all the dlcs.
FNV with DLCs.
FNV main campaign only.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Vaccines have been known to cause AIDS. Don't vaccinate the RPG Codex, just vaccinate your kids!

BBMorti

Arcane
So DarkUnderlord wrote he will bring buttons back if he gets 150 brofists, but he didn't write 'If I get 150 brofists, or more'. So since he now have another amount of brofists than 150, does that mean he promise is null and void?

mastroego

Arcane
Faulty logic.
First Question: did he get 150 brofists?
Yes.
Second Question: did he get more than 150?
Also Yes.
The second answer being "Yes" doesn't make the first answer a "no".

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
d8l5tlm-d3caeb60-f98f-425e-a128-a6394c9bc0b0.jpg

Koschey

Arcane
Rating buttons are just instant gratification awesome buttom wankery. Good for a lark, but seeing how much faster the Codex loads now that they are gone, it is no loss. Brofists can disappear as well, for all I care.
People who only joined after buttons were introduced espousing opinions like "Ratings are essential to the Codex experience" should definitely be watchwitzed, though.

Faulty logic.
Yes.
Also Yes.

If at 149 brofists he received 2 brofists at exactly the same time, the answer to the first question is no. Guess we'll need a fistlog to crack this nut.

Squid

Arbiter
Are non-button users allowed to even have an opinion on this?

Seemed to me like there was just too many of them and their point gets watered down. DU's gonna do what DU's gonna do though. I hope it's something spicy.

aris

Arcane
How the hell am I supposed to hand out participation awards now?

Last edited:

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Rate other people's posts like you never did, make separate comments with your ratings, do this a lot, then the admins will get tired of the incessant spam and ban you bring the buttons back! Fight for your happiness!

Ratings add more activity and liveliness to the forum, make it more fun and worth checking more often.

Last edited:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Faulty logic.
Yes.
Also Yes.

If at 149 brofists he received 2 brofists at exactly the same time, the answer to the first question is no. Guess we'll need a fistlog to crack this nut.

I dont get it.

As of today 9:14pm the post already received 192 brofists. If a post receives 192 brofists the statement "this post received 150 brofists" cannot be true at the same time.

Also, most of the people who voted are fags.

Cat

also: ⛽
Think about Oblivion: completionists spend 200+ hours in the game, while minimalists spend only 10 hours (because they only play the main campaign).
People played the main quest?

Deleted member 7219

Rate other people's posts like you never did, make separate comments with your ratings, do this a lot, then the admins will get tired of the incessant spam and ban you bring the buttons back! Fight for your happiness!

Ratings add more activity and liveliness to the forum, make it more fun and worth checking more often.

YES!

mastroego

Arcane
Rating buttons are just instant gratification awesome buttom wankery. Good for a lark, but seeing how much faster the Codex loads now that they are gone, it is no loss. Brofists can disappear as well, for all I care.
People who only joined after buttons were introduced espousing opinions like "Ratings are essential to the Codex experience" should definitely be watchwitzed, though.

Faulty logic.
Yes.
Also Yes.

You're wrong, he would have been instantly bumped from 149 to 151 Brofists, ok, but this doesn't matter.
Because in that same moment DU would be the owner of 151 Brofists... but ALSO the owner of 150 Brofists. And the owner of 128 Brofists, for that matter.

This is how reasoning works with mathematics and set theory.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Faulty logic.
Yes.
Also Yes.

I dont get it.

As of today 9:14pm the post already received 192 brofists. If a post receives 192 brofists the statement "this post received 150 brofists" cannot be true at the same time.

Also, most of the people who voted are fags.

That is your brain on social sciences.
While my brofist consists of five digits, I also have one to greet you with.

Koschey

Arcane
You're wrong, he would have been instantly bumped from 149 to 151 Brofists, ok, but this doesn't matter.
Because in that same moment DU would be the owner of 151 Brofists... but ALSO the owner of 150 Brofists. And the owner of 128 Brofists, for that matter.

This is how reasoning works with mathematics and set theory.

You would be right if the condition had been to get 'at least 150 brofists'. As it is, the statement is vague and can be read to ask implicitly for either 'exactly 150' or 'at least 150' fists. Since buttons are for fags, we are forced to conclude that it is the more restrictive condition. Mathematical reasoning requires precise phrasing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom