Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
So... would people be OK with this if they called in Neverwinter Nights 3?
yeah I guess.

NWN1 main campaign is a very low bar and Neeshka is very Larian.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
All the literal retards in here who thought A) 350 people were making Pillars of Eternity, and B) Larian wouldn't make a Larian game, sure look fucking stupid despite trying to sound prestigious.

Ausdoerrt

Augur
I dunno why videogames just seem so disappointing, these days. I just can't look at the visuals of BG3 and get excited like I might at seeing the beautiful backdrops of BG2, for example.

If it wasn't for my Japanese girlfriend's amazing blowjob skills, I might not be able to summon the motivation to keep on living
Midlife crisis in a nutshell (pun intended)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Fact sheets:

"Cinematic dialogs, all performance captured across 1.5 million words", "Layered Crime system that holds you accountable for your actions and affects your reputation", "Hundreds of locations true to the lore, spanning over 100 hours of gameplay.", "Choose from 15 D&D races & subraces and 8 classes with more to be announced",

LLH1BPJ.png
wDhL6kh.png
This all means nothing if the combat will be still this slow and gimicky and conversations filled with terrible inner thoughts instead of real conversations.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I was hoping for more than a re-skinned, modified combat rules, DOS2 engine.

I quit DOS1 after Cyseal, I quit DOS2 shortly into the 2nd island chapter.

Larian failed me.

Hype = 0.

Zep--

Eddard Stark

Educated
First impressions: this is horrible. It looks, feels, breathes and shits exactly as a D:OS 2 reskin with BG3 logo unceremoniously slapped on it. Combat, origins, 4-man party, 3d portraits you name it. You can see D:OS 2 cogs and wheels behind every system. Cinematic dialogues resemble DA:I most of all, that is for sure not a compliment. For all the mocap, animations are still janky as hell, work-in progress I guess. Dialogue structure and style are discouraging to say the least. Also UI is horrible, both stylistically and in ergonomy, half of the elements were ripped straight out of Divinity.

TLDR: This has no visible connection to BG-series, not even a hint, neither in essence, nor in spirit.

Dunno what to say to Sven or Larian guys (pretty sure they are reading reactions, here included). Probably too late into development to change design pillars/story/dialogues, but at least try to pay some respect to BG, redo the UI.

DraQ

Arcane
Swen mentioned that this game is in alpha.
He didn't have to, you know.

But that doesn't worry me. What worries me is blandness and campiness of D&D (and possibly intense butthurt of retards deprived of their RTWP, but that's probably not a significant threat, just free publicity and lulz).

OTOH, even though D&D has never been a good mechanics (and even good mechanics tend to get ugly when translated to cRPG) it will really prevent Larian from tainting their awesome ideas with completely misguided ones in the name of balance or just cluelessness about good design, good mechanics and what works together well.

However this turns out, in enduring let it make them grow strong.
:obviously:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Vatnik Wumao
I know I'm pretty bad at proofreading, but if they couldn't bother to get someone to take a second look at this, I can't be bothered to read all 1.5 million words of Larian drivel.
They could've composed the dialogue by playing scramble and it wouldn't have made a difference. Most combatfags are functionally illiterate anyhow.

Molina

Savant
Fact sheets:

"Cinematic dialogs, all performance captured across 1.5 million words", "Layered Crime system that holds you accountable for your actions and affects your reputation", "Hundreds of locations true to the lore, spanning over 100 hours of gameplay.", "Choose from 15 D&D races & subraces and 8 classes with more to be announced",

1,5 millions ? More than Disco Elysium ? GOTY !

If DOS 2 didn't exist, I think I'd be screaming like a cheerleader at the prom. Except I'm not. And I already feel like I have already played the game. This is gonna be fun, but I'm having a little trouble getting hype. I haven't seen a really new feature. The story's like "boarf" to me. And dialogue... are weird.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So when Fallout changes subgenres it is heresy,but when BG does it is incline?!
You know, this depends on the direction of the change.
Incline is just decline backwards.
:obviously:
No,it is lack of principles in the men talking about it! It is the same disingenuous degenerate shit,no two ways about it. When you make a sequel to franchise,you fucking stick to the core parts of it.

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gameplay video comments from me since I obv didn't read the last 50 pages I missed:

- In general "ok"
- A bit more D:OS3 than what I wanted to see.
- I'm not a big fan of the "us - them" turn system but I prefer it than the hardcoded round robin bullshit
- I really like that most rules have been ported faithfully. Didn't expect that
- Seems that the party/camping/adventuring will play a big role which I like
- Itemization SEEMED ok from what I could notice but I was simultaneously watching football so I might have missed stuff. It seemed like the weapons were pretty standard DnD stuff more or less
- I also don't like the dialog system but I guess they have it like that since the protagonist is not voiced? Dunno. Don't like it anyway
- I'll watch again because I think I missed lots of info

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom