Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
cvv are you entertained? :D

vrxv6q61du551.jpg

NullFlow

Savant
From the streams I've seen this game has a comical amount of characters getting bonked on the head to unconsciousness and cutting to a flashback.

But this "girl" is fucking YOKED. I know it's been said a million times, but you don't develop this type of physique as a female without Serena Williams-tier steroids while hitting the iron HARD. Who in their right mind thought this was a realistic depiction of a stronk woman lmao

Someone who lives around and works with a lot of trannies I expect.

DeepOcean

Arcane
After watching the majority of the cutscenes, this game makes Manhunt look like harmless fun.

Spend 10 hours as Ellie hunting down and slaughtering the people that killed Joel (including a pregnant women), who are given very little character development at the time. Then it's another 10 hours of flashback with Abby actually developing all the characters you killed, making you feel VERY BAD. It's the infamous Spec Ops the line moment x 100.

Ellie is quite possibly the most unlikeable game protaganist (and possibly character) I've even seen. There was ample opportunity for the narrative to diverge into something more hopeful, but every choice was taken to pile on the misery. The product of a very sick mind indeed.
That narrative choice is so retarded, first: You wont feel bad, guilt is something you feel when you feel responsible for it, when you fully own an action that could be avoided and you didnt because of a failure of your character, for being a coward for example but when people kill people you love, that is green light for a response in kind. This is even more retarded on a video game because on a video game where you are FORCED to take revenge otherwise you cant continue the game, so you have moral authority of revenge AND you are just following orders from the game director, that is pretty much a recipe for zero guilt.

The whole cycle of violence thing is also retarded, this is post apocalypse, cycle of violence for survival is the rule, you wont break it by being a pussy, you will only make your group weaker and your enemies stronger (Ironically that is exactly what happens on the end of the game). In reality, the cycle of violence only stops when there is a stronger third party that can punish both and can force a truce or when the war got too costly to both sides and they are exausted, on a war, if you stop fighting, you lose, you dont get peace. Showing all those characters in flashback is pointless because you cant change their deaths and those deaths happened when you couldnt avoid them and to make it worse, you see those characters from the perspective of the murder that happens to be a shitty character, making their deaths even more desirable.

Grimlorn

Arcane
I think the idea is that she thins out during the game, because of the worsened conditions she has to live under - malnourished, dehydrated, etc.
Yeah I could understand the ending. But in the "sex" scene her arms are huge but then right after that when you regain control of the character she looks like she has normal arms. I don't know if it was a flashback or there was some sort of time gap between the two. I assumed they came one after the other.

Danikas

Arcane
After watching the majority of the cutscenes, this game makes Manhunt look like harmless fun.

Spend 10 hours as Ellie hunting down and slaughtering the people that killed Joel (including a pregnant women), who are given very little character development at the time. Then it's another 10 hours of flashback with Abby actually developing all the characters you killed, making you feel VERY BAD. It's the infamous Spec Ops the line moment x 100.

Ellie is quite possibly the most unlikeable game protaganist (and possibly character) I've even seen. There was ample opportunity for the narrative to diverge into something more hopeful, but every choice was taken to pile on the misery. The product of a very sick mind indeed.
That narrative choice is so retarded, first: You wont feel bad, guilt is something you feel when you feel responsible for it, when you fully own an action that could be avoided and you didnt because of a failure of your character, for being a coward for example but when people kill people you love, that is green light for a response in kind. This is even more retarded on a video game because on a video game where you are FORCED to take revenge otherwise you cant continue the game, so you have moral authority of revenge AND you are just following orders from the game director, that is pretty much a recipe for zero guilt.

The whole cycle of violence thing is also retarded, this is post apocalypse, cycle of violence for survival is the rule, you wont break it by being a pussy, you will only make your group weaker and your enemies stronger (Ironically that is exactly what happens on the end of the game). In reality, the cycle of violence only stops when there is a stronger third party that can punish both and can force a truce or when the war got too costly to both sides and they are exausted, on a war, if you stop fighting, you lose, you dont get peace. Showing all those characters in flashback is pointless because you cant change their deaths and those deaths happened when you couldnt avoid them and to make it worse, you see those characters from the perspective of the murder that happens to be a shitty character, making their deaths even more desirable.
This story could work in a game where you have a choice because you have agency in making bad decisions in linear interactive movie its retarded.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yup, like I said after the previews came out - if teaching people that violence is bad through letting them watch violence worked, maybe some other of thousands released games or movies would have done it already. Also, nobody will feel anything after the tenth or so slit throat or killed dog. Naughty dog just want to take the holier than thou position with respect to all players. They are welcome to it, but they will pay a serious price for this luxury.

DeepOcean

Arcane
This story could work in a game where you have a choice because you have agency in making bad decisions in linear interactive movie its retarded.
Exactly, when people raved about Spec Ops the Line, I played that shitty Gears of War clone and I already at the time couldnt see the point of trying to make the player feel guilty for an action he was forced to take. "See the result of bad thing you did player, I'm so artistic!", you dumbfuck, you literally said on screen that if I didnt use white phosphorous on these people, I wouldnt be able to continue a game I paid 60 dollars for, you literally threatened extorting 60 dollars from me to kill those people and wish for me to feel guilty? Why exactly I would feel guilty for generic virtual NPCs anyways? Am I going to feel sorry for their mothers and daughters?:lol:

Danikas

Arcane
Exactly, when people raved about Spec Ops the Line, I played that shitty Gears of War clone and I already at the time couldnt see the point of trying to make the player feel guilty for an action he was forced to take. "See the result of bad thing you did player, I'm so artistic!", you dumbfuck, you literally said on screen that if I didnt use white phosphorous on these people, I wouldnt be able to continue a game I paid 60 dollars for, you literally threatened extorting 60 dollars from me to kill those people and wish for me to feel guilty? Why exactly I would feel guilty for generic virtual NPCs anyways? Am I going to feel sorry for their mothers and daughters?:lol:
That scene with white phosphorus in Spec ops was beyond retarted how can I fell bad about bombing civilians when the game forces me to do it to progress? I can even see there are civilians among the soldiers there before mortaring them but the protagonist is a retard and doesn't see it then the game tries to guiltrip you fucking trash. Just look at this shit :lol:

This is what happens when you have wannabe movie writers doing the script for your game.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom