Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Yes. What else do you expect to push our systems? AI?
- more locations
- more NPCs
- more C&C
- more detailed dialogues
- why, yes, AI. Why the hell FEAR from 2004 is still one of the best FPSs considering AI department?
- advanced life simulation. Remember Stalker' A-Life? Why the fuck no one improved on that?
- better gunplay. There's still lot to be desired.

That has nothing to do with pushing a system. It has to do with how much hours you want to rok on meshes for NPCs, how much writing you want/can do to expand dialogue trees, how good you are at scripting AI and quests.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Imagine if the money spent on graphics were spent on making AI Dungeon like logic work in an actual game. You could even justify it being always online for single player games that way

The worst part is that even though they spent so much on graphics, the graphics are still sub par considering it is a late 2020 release with raytracing.... Those textures are trash, especially in some places they look like PS3 stuff....

If this graphically-year 2016 game has inflated requirements, then they are going to get a lot of backlash... I hope they have it optimized.....

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
It sounds like you want true AI. That's total fantasy bro. Not going to happen in our lifetimes if ever and there aren't really any steps between what we have now and that.
True AI is totally independent. That's still a fantasy.

What I'm talking about is some heavy scripting that creates illusion of the "living world" right in front of you. It's not even that hard: such work requires a lot of coding, checking a lot of variables; it's more tedious than hard. It's still taxing on your hardware: lot of scripts running at the same time.

You know, if some big studio had decided to spent at least 30% of their current game budget on such scripting the result would be absolutely hilarious. Iron Tower with its ten people team managed to create one of the best C&C systems in game's history; what a team with 400 people and huge budget could have done?

duke nukem

Augur
LOL.It didnt even reach top 20 on 24h hashtag count. It was only number 3 trending on twitter for less than hour and its trending lasted only couple of hours. What a flop. Most games would stay lot longer and higher. Considering how quickly it dropped, it wont go any higher on 24h hashtag count.

Also in may it was 12th most popular game in may:
https://blog.wikirank.net/2020/most-popular-video-games-in-may-2020/

Lost to ass greed odyssey and valhalla. Both Last of us games also completely destroyed Cyberpunk.:cool: Cyberflop 2077.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
LOL.It didnt even reach top 20 on 24h hashtag count. It was only number 3 trending on twitter for less than hour and its trending lasted only couple of hours. What a flop. Most games would stay lot longer and higher. Considering how quickly it dropped, it wont go any higher on 24h hashtag count.

Lost to ass greed odyssey and valhalla. Both Last of us games also completely destroyed Cyberpunk.:cool: Cyberflop 2077.

Yeah, it is a disaster of epic purportions. It is going to flop, hard. As for the bullshots in the thread, guys, FOR FUCK SAKE, stop it. We saw the damn videos in HD. Game when running is barely on par with Far Cry 5 or Star Wars Battlefront. Perhaps raytracing might save it somewhat. But from what i watched, even GTA V on PC when maxed had better textures in some places. And that was a PS3 game with higher res textures and some new shaders....

This is rich.....

Doktor Best

Arcane
I don't think all that effort put into audiovisual design is wasted or superficial. You can clearly see that the game oozes cyberpunk atmosphere and i think this is a vital part to the experience. One guy from Game Two (German videogame show) who was among those who played the preview said that you can find music, commercial videos, decoration, fluff npcs and other enviromental storytelling that enhance the atmosphere pretty much anywhere. You can't do that with dull and samey looking enviroments.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Yeah anyone saying this game doesn't look above current competition is nuts. Those screenshots above are way above current standards. Also one of the streamers said that at 2080ti it run 60fps @ 1080p with RTX on with 0 tears or framedrops.
It looks like a 5 years old game.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
ESl-Jp-Hs-Xk-AAVz8-A.jpg

so what is now the default look for the female character?

the mongoloid one to the left or the original to the right?

from the reviews , at the character creation, there is still the option to play with both male and female character looks shown in the original 48 min gameplay reveal?

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Yeah unbelievable optimization polish coders are code wizards i tell ya, no game with RTX on can run at perfect 60fps @1080p on a 2080ti except Cyperpunk... Except it is easy to run at 60fps when your game looks like a 5 year old game.... Hell, even Watch Dogs might look better maxed than Cyberpunk. I have to refresh my memory of the original Watch Dogs to make sure....

Tehdagah

Arcane

17408.jpg

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
ESl-Jp-Hs-Xk-AAVz8-A.jpg

so what is now the default look for the female character?

the mongoloid one to the left or the original to the right?

from the reviews , at the character creation, there is still the option to play with both male and female character looks shown in the original 48 min gameplay reveal?

The only difference I see is make up

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
It looks great. Also its great to not to be a child and have unrealistic expectations for AAA games

We aren't getting hardcore AAA rpgs, it's just not economic yet, few more generations possibly

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
It sounds like you want true AI. That's total fantasy bro. Not going to happen in our lifetimes if ever and there aren't really any steps between what we have now and that.
True AI is totally independent. That's still a fantasy.

What I'm talking about is some heavy scripting that creates illusion of the "living world" right in front of you. It's not even that hard: such work requires a lot of coding, checking a lot of variables; it's more tedious than hard. It's still taxing on your hardware: lot of scripts running at the same time.

You know, if some big studio had decided to spent at least 30% of their current game budget on such scripting the result would be absolutely hilarious. Iron Tower with its ten people team managed to create one of the best C&C systems in game's history; what a team with 400 people and huge budget could have done?

The most impressive C&C as of late i found in Detroit Become Human. Granted the game is a closed world/scene experience. Still im 100% sure the actual choices in the cyberpunk will not affect the game living world, it will still be a constrained modules of very isolated changes.
Beside the best AI programmers dont work for game dev.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Have redesigned both V versions in the last months?
1708efebvstarting.jpg

I still hate the name V, it just is not a nickname for a man. It 's why will never play the male version.

All I got from the new footage is that it looks and talks great which isn't new. All the different previewers seem to have put out identical snipped gameplay footage.

Lots of sex appeal, loverslab types gonna have a wild time with it.

I'm assuming VR helmets will be fully supported and the best way to experience the game once the "definitive"/full next gen version pops out.

Last edited:

jf8350143

Liturgist
The whole stream is mostly from OK to Meh, with only one exception, the braindance.

it looks boring as shit and looks like it will be extremely annoying in the second or third playthrough.

Also the dialogue system is still shit but we already know that.

Yosharian

Arcane
The most impressive C&C as of late i found in Detroit Become Human. Granted the game is a closed world/scene experience. Still im 100% sure the actual choices in the cyberpunk will not affect the game living world, it will still be a constrained modules of very isolated changes.
Beside the best AI programmers dont work for game dev.
Detroit Become Human was absolute ass

Semiurge

Cipher
All I got from the new footage is that it looks and talks great which isn't new. All the different previewers seem to have put out identical snipped gameplay footage.

Lots of sex appeal, loverslab types gonna have a wild time with it.

I'm assuming VR helmets will be fully supported and the best way to experience the game once the "definitive"/full next gen version pops out.

Cyberpunk 2 weeks after release:

WaviUoZ.gif

Have redesigned both V versions in the last months?
1708efebvstarting.jpg

I still hate the name V, it just is not a nickname for a man. It 's why will never play the male version.

I like how we oddly got like three or four character reveals in video games around the same time for characters named V.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom