Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think having a high CON + Toughness is mandatory on everyone.

Bara

Arcane
Out of curiosity is the module a thredbare plot like ToEE was where its just a quest to go to a place to loot and pillage?

Or some story set pieces and other stuff?

Lilliput McHammersmith

Man the freaking crypts. Ok Pierre what kind of bullshit is this? Haha I mean seriously. Five DIFFICULT battles without any resting?

Oh oh and my cleric was absolutely gangbanged by the phantoms, so I have to try this encounter again.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Man the freaking crypts. Ok Pierre what kind of bullshit is this? Haha I mean seriously. Five DIFFICULT battles without any resting?

Oh oh and my cleric was absolutely gangbanged by the phantoms, so I have to try this encounter again.
Oh man oh man! This is making me EXCITED! I want to get to that part of the game. But I've been constantly replaying the first part and trying out different party combos :(

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Out of curiosity is the module a thredbare plot like ToEE was where its just a quest to go to a place to loot and pillage?
From what I've seen so far, you are just a band of adventures that randomly finds a cult in a sewer, have a little fight/banter with the cult leader, get sent to a dungeon and then have to escape it & find the cult leader again. No big story set piece or anything, KotC1 had more story.

Module description says you can reach Lv 21. Considering Pierre's encounter design so far, you probably end the game by fighting all the evil gods at once.

sstacks

Arcane
Module description says you can reach Lv 21. Considering Pierre's encounter design so far, you probably end the game by fighting all the evil gods at once.

In Super Saiyan 1, 2 & 3 sequentially after you beat them in their puny regular god forms?

sstacks

Arcane
I've downloaded the game but haven't had a chance to play it yet.

I have to say with all the discussion of difficulty and bugs it must be a pretty decent game at its core or people wouldn't keep trying.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
When you level up and get feats the game offer you only feats eligible with your current level / stats. So if a feat requires level 6 you wont get it offered on level 6, only on 7+. But as mentioned before you can just use the respec option after you level up to fix this. ( I thought at first it's one specific feat but apparently it's all of them )

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Attempting the crypt now for the first time but I have 7 characters, 5 of them are level 5, one is level 6 and the recruitable companion is level 7

Last edited:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
I didn't get any ranged weapons until I got the prize from beating the goblins in the arena, nice bow too. Oh, friendly reminder that the grey goblins are selling an arrow of slaying, probably a good idea to buy that.

Who did you use the arrow on?

Mortmal

Arcane
From what I've seen so far, you are just a band of adventures that randomly finds a cult in a sewer, have a little fight/banter with the cult leader, get sent to a dungeon and then have to escape it & find the cult leader again. No big story set piece or anything, KotC1 had more story.

Most likely at once and they ambush you on higher ground.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Any general tips/rules for avoiding the easily-reproduceable bugs?

1. Play in window mode.
2. Don't ever use quicksave or quickload.
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Defensive Casting is under the "Spec" tab for some reason. Defensive Casting is different from auto-casting on rest; defensive casting means you make a concentration check to avoid AoO. Should really be a combat option...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom