Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, generally speaking it will average out, the HP, over 20 levels. Getting all your bad rolls early sucks though.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
yeah I'm sure it will average out eventually, still that doesn't help you if you wind up with a literally unplayable character for a melee tank which he was supposed to be. Also would averaging out not be easier by just giving avg HP rolls in the first place? Game really needs a max and avg HP option in the settings.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Six times. Having the Warlock bitch join 100% corrupts my game. Nothing that can be done other than kill her.

Had the same bug, beat the fight again and killed her for the tome.
Now the question is, is it worth it to get trickery domain for my bishop on lvl up just to copy the book? What do you gain, because I tried giving the real thing and it seems pretty worth it if you intend to fight the coven.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, generally speaking it will average out, the HP, over 20 levels. Getting all your bad rolls early sucks though.

If the game rolled once and gave you the result you would say it is average but what it really does is roll twice and keep the higher result so you actually get more than average hp per level. So in theory cheating and editing your HP to be average is actually making you weaker.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
You can get this now if you get it off his website or something? How is it so far?

You can't get it now. You will need to mail Pierre asking for it, whether he agrees or not is up to him.

Game is pretty great, apparently every encounter is impossible until you beat it.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Congratulations Noddy. Can you share your party composition and what do you think about them? ( would you change anything / which classes are good/bad )

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I like the NWN HP rules:
At levels 1 through 3, a PC gains base hit points equal to the maximum possible roll of the hit die associated with the class being taken. At higher character levels, the number of base hit points gained is equal to a roll of the hit die, but with the provision that rolls under half the maximum are re-rolled. Thus, if a level 3 PC gains a level of fighter, the PC will gain between 5 and 10 base hit points (inclusive).

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
You can get this now if you get it off his website or something? How is it so far?

You can't get it now. You will need to mail Pierre asking for it, whether he agrees or not is up to him.

Game is pretty great, apparently every encounter is impossible until you beat it.

Let's just say that Pierre's descriptions of the module on his site (Come out victorious in highly-tactical group combat against overwhelming odds and Experience a highly-rewarding, never-seen-before level of challenge) are not empty boasting.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Let's just say that Pierre's descriptions of the module on his site (Come out victorious in highly-tactical group combat against overwhelming odds and Experience a highly-rewarding, never-seen-before level of challenge) are not empty boasting.

That ain't no shit, every battle is an achievement. A group of pathetic knight wannabes achieve nearly godlike power in the span of a few days wandering around some sewers under a village, how the fuck has this village even survived with the kind of nightmares roaming beneath above it?

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Oh, I forgot to share this screenshot:

Level 11 Mantis, ladies and gentlemen:

04aa3bad444abf25131367e78a455d17.png

16 attacks. At level 11.
20 with haste.

Noddy

Augur
Congratulations Noddy. Can you share your party composition and what do you think about them? ( would you change anything / which classes are good/bad )
No worries mate i'll write it up in a bit. Fucking knackered right now.
Say this though: that lad who wanted to run five wizards and a cleric?
A true orcacle.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Unintended side-effect of Mantis blender: many High Sewer fights end before reinforcements spawn in, costing you XP.

:negative:

Mortmal

Arcane
Bishop is good but you are missing spells like mass remove negative levels, and the single target one comes to late . The other draw back is you need very high cha to make turns usefull, a cleric just need high wisdom so you dont sacrifice anything you max that and have very hig spell DC. In Kotc 2 every classes that requires to be good in more than 2 stats must not be taken. I dont see why pick warlock either , rather have one pure wizard and one psion.

So I've noted. Scrapping the bishop and putting back the cleric, going to swap the warlock for a second psion. Cleric will be healing, but I dunno what other domain to put on, magic isn't really all that helpful though I did kick a lot of ass with freebie boosted magic stones.

So the final kobold party that shall finally go n to victory shall be:

Kobold Gladiator x2
Kobold Psion x2
Kobold Cleric
Kobold Red Wizard
I wouldnt use gladiator on anything else than half giant for trip , or mantis for multiattack with every weapon proficiencies . If you want to make a thematic kobold party maybe it should be the 5 wizards one cleric .

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
I wouldnt use gladiator on anything else than half giant for trip , or mantis for multiattack with every weapon proficiencies . If you want to make a thematic kobold party maybe it should be the 5 wizards one cleric .

Well of course you wouldn't, but that was never the point. This is almost the exact same party that took me to the front gates and I would have made it past if everyone had been 18+. Besides, there's too many enemies in the game with too much SR for pure magic and forgoing psionics would be suicide.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
You can no longer equip a two hander on the mantis +anything without Oversized two weapon fighting. You equip 1 two hander and that's it.

Bastard swords are a likely exception, just as they were in KOTC 1.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
You can no longer equip a two hander on the mantis +anything without Oversized two weapon fighting. You equip 1 two hander and that's it.

Bastard swords are a likely exception, just as they were in KOTC 1.

Bastard swords are two handers, no difference. You put a bastard sword in your mantis main hand and you can't put any other weapon, not even a dagger. Once you get oversized TWF you can equip 4 bastard swords, no problem.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom