Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I hate to admit this because I'm sure many of you remember me throwing a shitfit for a few pages in the first thread, but I gave the early access a shot and I enjoyed what I played of it. I'm still mad that it's not what I wanted but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy what I've played so far.
welcome to the former haters club.

it's good to be wrong about some things. :M

Black

Arcane
I hate to admit this because I'm sure many of you remember me throwing a shitfit for a few pages in the first thread, but I gave the early access a shot and I enjoyed what I played of it. I'm still mad that it's not what I wanted but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy what I've played so far.
Don't give in, it's your right to hate even things you like.

Codex Year of the Donut
welcome to the former haters club.

it's good to be wrong about some things. :M
Shame those who doubted our lord and savior Swen

Codex Year of the Donut
o4Od8Ly.png

s420.gif

probably not until monday

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I have a question.

If you get a guy in camp you can resurrect your fallen party members cant you just bash wormy out of a characters head then resurrect him?

It make's sense why you couldn't do it with Revivify since that spell doesn't restore lost body parts so splattered brain is no good but that camp guy spell has to be stronger than it since lore wise revivify has to be cast within a minute of death.
This works lore-wise, but you need a very strong spell like Miracle or True Resurrection.

Codex Year of the Donut
Just had a thought
Every (implemented) companion you meet has a tadpole connection at first, right?
Well, no.
Gale doesn't.

And he sure does know a lot about the situation. And the hag says that it's Netherese magic protecting the tadpoles, and Gale has a lot to do with Netherese magic...

Just had a thought
Every (implemented) companion you meet has a tadpole connection at first, right?
Well, no.
Gale doesn't.
Are you implying that...
Gale is a fake tadpole user monitoring you for some reason?

But I seem to remember you DO get a chance to use the tadpole on him in a subsequent conversation.
Or am I misremembering things?

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Just had a thought
Well, no.
Gale doesn't.
Are you implying that...
Gale is a fake tadpole user monitoring you for some reason?

But I seem to remember you DO get a chance to use the tadpole on him in a subsequent conversation.
Or am I misremembering things?

1. Minsc also won't have a tadpole, and the data-mined information suggests he not only will be playable, but an Origin Character.
2. Is House DeVir a big deal in the Forgotten Realms lore (I mean mostly the newer novels)? Apparently the latest Drizzt novels talk about it.

Codex Year of the Donut
wtf is a tadpole
A tadpole (also called a pollywog) is the larval stage in the life cycle of an amphibian. Most tadpoles are fully aquatic, though some species of amphibians have tadpoles that are terrestrial. Tadpoles have some features that may not be found in adult amphibians such as a lateral line, gills, and tails. As they undergo metamorphosis, the diet of tadpoles changes and they will start to breathe air.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Also, keep your eyes on the ball, people - the tadpole is a red herring... a red tadpole, if you will.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
wtf is a tadpole
A tadpole (also called a pollywog) is the larval stage in the life cycle of an amphibian. Most tadpoles are fully aquatic, though some species of amphibians have tadpoles that are terrestrial. Tadpoles have some features that may not be found in adult amphibians such as a lateral line, gills, and tails. As they undergo metamorphosis, the diet of tadpoles changes and they will start to breathe air.
Really disappointing that we don't have any fish-themed buttons yet.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
2. Is House DeVir a big deal in the Forgotten Realms lore (I mean mostly the newer novels)? Apparently the latest Drizzt novels talk about it.
According to Out of the Abyss, House DeVir was wiped out by House Do'Urden, so they're definitely not a big deal anymore, if they ever were.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Also, keep your eyes on the ball, people - the tadpole is a red herring... a red tadpole, if you will.
I have no idea where this tadpoling bullshit is going, exactly, but I'm still expecting for the whole plot at some point to converge on some other god resurrection or something of that sort.

My belief, one which I espoused since Day 1 of the announcement, is that the entire tadpole plot is basically a smokescreen, or a means of getting the characters interacting with the forces of Hell. Now that we know for certain that not all Origin Characters even have a tadpole inside, this is even more certain.

I believe that the "dark power" mentioned in the game's synopsis is indeed related to the Death Three. Otherwise - why be so vague about it? Plus Larian confirmed twice now that the Mind Flayer threat is not the main story arc. AND seeing how the last several issues of the Minsc comics were related to Hell, AND how another character from that comic is supposed to be a companion (?), this is more than confirmed in my eyes.

Just had a thought
Well, no.
Gale doesn't.

And he sure does know a lot about the situation. And the hag says that it's Netherese magic protecting the tadpoles, and Gale has a lot to do with Netherese magic...
what? I thought he did. You can look into his mind using the tadpole after all... (Which will lead to him being butthurt and threaten to leave.)

I guess I never unlocked his content even in my second run though, since it was only about the Illithid options.

Codex Year of the Donut
Just had a thought
Well, no.
Gale doesn't.

what? I thought he did. You can look into his mind using the tadpole after all... (Which will lead to him being butthurt and threaten to leave.)

I guess I never unlocked his content even in my second run though, since it was only about the Illithid options.
He just magically poofs out of the portal, there's no special tadpole dialogue with him at first iirc.

Just had a thought
Well, no.
Gale doesn't.

He just magically poofs out of the portal, there's no special tadpole dialogue with him at first iirc.
He was on the ship. The portal was him using the fast travel system.

He specifically claims to have a tadpole.

And if you take the Illithid options, iirc, they affect him too when they

make everyone sick.

Maybe he's just faking though...

Codex Year of the Donut
Just had a thought
Well, no.
Gale doesn't.

make everyone sick.

Is there any point where you can actually speak to him telepathically though?

Codex Year of the Donut
Also, one problem I have with Gale is the disconnect between gameplay and story. Gale seems like he should be a lot more powerful than a 1st level wizard. Everyone else seems arguably fairly normal for entry-level adventurers.
Did I miss any dialogue hinting that he's weakened due to his condition? It would be an obvious way to handwave the issue away and provide a meaningful boost to him later in the story.

Just had a thought
Well, no.
Gale doesn't.

make everyone sick.

Is there any point where you can actually speak to him telepathically though?

I don't recall you speaking with him or not, but you can read his thoughts and see how he became infected with his magic eating parasite.

It would make sense that his magic devouring thing would eat the magic of the parasite, so I'm not saying you're making no sense, but he even gains a parasite power when the rest of you do (reflexive shell)...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom