Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Also Cybercuck setting is garbage compared to glorious ShadowRun,a a far better one.
How can SR be better when the setting has elves in it? Do you see any elves in Night City? That's right.
Shadowrun would be infinitely better without the gay fantasy shit. So you are right.

This.

I guess they actually added the gay fantasy shit to differentiate their setting from Cyberpunk 2020, but they could have done the same thing by having a widespread access to genetical manipulation, which along with the cybernetics allows people to model their bodies into brutal monsters (orks, trolls) or super-hot models (elves) etc, alas they had a different idea (though I should add that some of the spiritualist/magic stuff adds interesting options to gameplay so its not a pure loss).

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Also Cybercuck setting is garbage compared to glorious ShadowRun,a a far better one.
How can SR be better when the setting has elves in it? Do you see any elves in Night City? That's right.
Shadowrun would be infinitely better without the gay fantasy shit. So you are right.

This.

I guess they actually added the gay fantasy shit to differentiate their setting from Cyberpunk 2020, but they could have done the same thing by having a widespread access to genetical manipulation, which along with the cybernetics allows people to model their bodies into brutal monsters (orks, trolls) or super-hot models (elves) etc, alas they had a different idea (though I should add that some of the spiritualist/magic stuff adds interesting options to gameplay so its not a pure loss).
Sounds like a needless amount of work. Instead of fantasy races they could have just added vampires to the cyberpunk setting. Oh, that's been done already? Then come up with a different name. Cyberfampyr! Has such a ring to it, doesn't it?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

This.

Sounds like a needless amount of work. Instead of fantasy races they could have just added vampires to the cyberpunk setting. Oh, that's been done already? Then come up with a different name. Cyberfampyr! Has such a ring to it, doesn't it?
Ahhh ShadowRun has vamps,ghouls,gods,demigods,demons and all kind of interdimensional monsters. Also both cyberpunk and shadowrun came at the same time and were developed simultaneously. While one has an interesting world and mythos,the other one is about metal niggers in the ghetto city. Clearly both of those retards don't know what they are talking about. You really should check out Shadowrun games.

Glory to Ukraine

This.

Ahhh ShadowRun has vamps,ghouls,gods,demigods,demons and all kind of interdimensional monsters. Also both cyberpunk and shadowrun came at the same time and were developed simultaneously. While one has an interesting world and mythos,the other one is about metal niggers in the ghetto city. Clearly both of those retards don't know what they are talking about. You really should check out Shadowrun games.

Yes, SR has dragons too (a dragon is a CEO of Saeder-Krupp after all). I am saying that world-building in SR would be even better without all the supernatural stuff (trolls/orks/elves/dwarfs could be with a little imagination replaced by genra appropriate annalogues, ie people who went through various genetical changes - bioware after all is a thing in SR - ghouls/vampires could also be done without the whole goblinisation thing) and it can definitely stand on its own without it. For example Renraku is much more interesting and flashed out "evil Jap corporation" than Arasaka will ever be.

As it is, Cyberpunk has one huge advantage over SR - it doesnt feature elves and vampires.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This fantadomat guy is based retarded.
ftfy
LoL at least i don't jerk off to my wife's daughter while sleeping. Fucking sick degenerate!
I can't help myself. Your wife's daughter is sexy.
:smug:
I don't have one of either. Was talking about your degenerate dox drama from some time ago. Sooo at least did you bang your wife's daughter or did just end up with a thump up your ass ?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

This.

Yes, SR has dragons too (a dragon is a CEO of Saeder-Krupp after all). I am saying that world-building in SR would be even better without all the supernatural stuff (trolls/orks/elves/dwarfs could be with a little imagination replaced by genra appropriate annalogues, ie people who went through various genetical changes - bioware after all is a thing in SR - ghouls/vampires could also be done without the whole goblinisation thing) and it can definitely stand on its own without it. For example Renraku is much more interesting and flashed out "evil Jap corporation" than Arasaka will ever be.

As it is, Cyberpunk has one huge advantage over SR - it doesnt feature elves and vampires.
Ahhh that is why we have both,metal niggers in a city ghetto hitting each other for people like you and interesting and unique world and setting for people like me.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ahhh that is why we have both,metal niggers in a city ghetto hitting each other for people like you and interesting and unique world and setting for people like me.
Don't you think you might be oversimplifying the other side's argument a little here?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Don't you think you might be oversimplifying the other side's argument a little here?
:hmmm:
What argument?? He just bitching about how X thing should the way he likes it to be. For his taste there cybercuck,but he wants for ShadowRun to be also Cybercuck. That is not argument,that is retarded fanboy shit. I never said that cybercuck should have more dragons and elfs and magic shit,just pointed out that i prefer SH over it and am not interested ghetto metal niggers. While those two just bitch what SH should be. I don't care about that shit,to each their own lol.

People that go around and bitch about how certain franchise/game should be changed to cater to their shit taste should be banned!!! Such people bring degenerate casual decline like fallout 3 and baldur's gate 3.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I mean, you probably do know a bunch of gaem journos, having trans in your name and all, but Imma still need a source on that. Preferably video evidence.

Glory to Ukraine

Zer0wing

Cipher
It is a common joke amongst the Journos and Devs I talk to that Allanah is an absolute whore. She has had sex for special coverage of games and free shit before.
Uhm, citation?
....Any other juicy tmz-tier bits of info about that aussie journowhore? Who picked her up on board of one of those sony's gamedev studios?

It is a common joke amongst the Journos and Devs I talk to that Allanah is an absolute whore. She has had sex for special coverage of games and free shit before.
Uhm, citation?
....Any other juicy tmz-tier bits of info about that aussie journowhore? Who picked her up on board of one of those sony's gamedev studios?
I probably shouldn't have said anything. All I have is hearsay amongst friends who either know her or know people who've bragged about hitting that. A common thing I hear is that she has tried to get jobs in game dev before on her back. And after having sex with her, the devs in question just ghost her and she can't do a thing about it because all "contracts" were negotiated verbally. And that's the main reason she became so misandrist. Sony were the first to keep to their word. Ironically, no sex was exchanged for her shitty looking Cyberpunk cameo that doesn't even look much like her. The boss just asked Marketing for a list of names of popular internet personalities and she was on it. The end.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Terenty

Liturgist
And after having sex with her, the devs in question just ghost her and she can't do a thing about it because all "contracts" were negotiated verbally.
Is it really such a prestigious position to be working in some game dev company so women are eager to whore themselves out for that? I dunno man, sounds more like some nerd bragging

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

The fantasy shit is the point of the setting though.
I know. And I was a bit edgy of course, the fantasy is not making it bad. It's just that the fantasy part for me is just one of the things I have to get over with, instead of actually enjoying it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom