Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Really wish styg would get rid of losing all psi reserves when innervating thing. Makes switching headgear a pain in the ass if you have a headband with a bonus psi slot. Don't even understand why its even a thing to begin with, its not like you can innervate in combat anyway, so what point is there in losing all your psi when you do it?

CHEMS

Scholar
God damn the Aegis sucks serious ass

When you're not helping them with the invasion (ie: being bait for the savages) they get curbstomped by them. They're dropping like flies while i watch from my jet.

Yaz

Learned
its not like you can innervate in combat anyway, so what point is there in losing all your psi when you do it?

If it's any help, you actually can. If you incapacitate enemies during combat you can replenish reserves on the following turn.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
its not like you can innervate in combat anyway, so what point is there in losing all your psi when you do it?

If it's any help, you actually can. If you incapacitate enemies during combat you can replenish reserves on the following turn.
Yeah I realize that, you can also use a smoke bomb and do it as well. But it just isn't necessary, its just a tedious resource sink.

Parabalus

Arcane

Yeah I realize that, you can also use a smoke bomb and do it as well. But it just isn't necessary, its just a tedious resource sink.

That was his goal, for PSI to have to dump money/resources, like other builds do on bullets/repair.

Nowhere near enough though, just annoying.

Parabalus

Arcane
evasive, sneaky spearman with base 13 AGI to grab veteran sprint and naval combat... now that would be quite a larp.... if i ever get back to this game it would be either for that one or knife thrower. Not sure you can get to lvl 28 without completing black sea though (and going to dc first). As such all that juicy jet ski impaling would be wasted
i cant shake of underrail... still

and maaaan... spears got high meme potential

https://underrail.info/build/?GgwHD...AAAAAAAAAAMKMVTkkHRbClRJHRMKBwpTCrEsGwoXCpd-_

quickly assembled feats in quite random order.
yell and brutality... since I always wanted to have fun with those
no crafting. Get mercantile and hope for cool stuff. There is also cool unique stuff: Høddurform and bandana
since i have yell i got evasion and dodge full deal. Not for dominating anyway... or is it?
godly sneak with that agi and hodor staff.
Blitz + vet sprint for extra 30 AP, under blindsiding boost ofc
feat starved, dropped silly guard things. Shouldnt need with godly evasion + yell and fear crowd control?

btw does yell lower psi skills? can it leave psi casters unable to cast higher lvl stuff?

Its so weird I sort of want to try it. Main problem appear to be lack of skill points for subterfuge... my regular thief larping self isnt happy, along with thievery feats that I had to drop... Probably should go easy on intimidate or dodge to give them a boost, since those can be maxed a bit later on

Add TM for Precognition?

Not sure how high you need Dodge and Evasion to be useful on DOM, probably >400?

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
On Hard, with a well thought out build, I've found that many characters can tackle Depot A more or less "legitimately" by level 7-8.

Without grinding for oddities, on Dominating I always reach Depot A around lvl 8 and I'm level 10 when I'm done with it. I never played with classic XP.

Yeah, that doesn't sound weird to me. I think going quite "quickly" to Depot A might mean 6/7 on entry, while a 'standard' run for a veteran RPG player (i.e. more completionist than casual, but not out of the way) is easily 7/8 on entry. I'm certainly not saying everyone should go as early as possible, it's just been interesting and fun to me to observe the differences.

OK, so fired it up again and, as per tradition, expect to fool around with half a dozen weird builds before I settle. Currently toying with a Nimble leather armour Hammerboy concept on Dominating, not sure it's going to be very effective. Nothing special, thinking STR/CON, Nimble, Thick Skull, Uncanny Dodge, but have doubts it'll be enough.

Someone mentioned Versatility and I might finally try to make that work.

Yosharian

Arcane
I have a versatility SMG grenades build that I'm running ATM, only on normal though but it seems fairly decent to me. Probably not optimized enough for dominating though

Tigranes

Arcane
I have a versatility SMG grenades build that I'm running ATM, only on normal though but it seems fairly decent to me. Probably not optimized enough for dominating though

Link the build, my friend, at least for the concept

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Gotta say, I start to dig that Versatility stuff. At first I was dismayed by the awful accuracy and shitty damage, but then it dawned upon me - if I invest so much into Melee skill I got to use knives, eh? Things immediately improved. Knife is better than silenced SMG for stealthy kills, that's for sure. Got myself some nice equipment early on: ~1200 .44 Hammerer for tough bastards, ~960 7.62 Hammerer for the regular ones and ~1400 Tungsten Knife for getting close and personal; although only shitty ~320 shield - but now I more than properly packed for the Junkyard business, lol.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
you got scrappers/eels that you either pickpocket early or obtain a bit later on, there are few ways to do so even. (4xp)
protectorate tags can be obtained later on (3xp)
coretech/jkk/tanks - im aware of coretech in sewers, rest might be impossible unless you can abuse some event and join specific faction? (9xp)
anarchist only pickpocket if you wish to join? Might be fine to let some die in last mission(3xp?)
Also kokoszka got some drink oddity, again you can let him die... (2xp)
aegis - can be obtained later, easy if you join pirates (3 xp?)
ship in a bottle - if you join pirates, only pickpocket(5xp)
tuneler - never saw mask piece for pickpocket but special tank oddity ive gotten this way without getting hostilities. Only in DC, havent encountered such in underrail and I tried all of them (3xp)
mouth wash - mutie in refuge(2xp)
that one hobo in foundry and 1-2 zoners in core city, each carrying respective city plans. Not sure if they are required for completing full set.
Well...

- Scrappers and Eels kill each other in the Junkyard fight, you can do it early if you don't catch a stray bullet
- tincans could be killed regardless of if you want to join them or not
- coretech is obtainable if you do their questline and let some of them die in the warehouse, also sewers - you mean Zaman's lair? The rest two are out of the question
- Free Drones assault squad dies in a couple of turns if you don't disable turrets at tincan outpost. Kokoschka as well
- aegis soldiers die on the beach, though looting them is not that simple
- pirates die during the raids and sometimes during Port defense
- you can kill Faceless in RC and still stain on neutral terms with them; not aware of the tank one
- don't like killing muties, so out of the question

So, I'll say 10 XP in total. Might add some Grey Army base oddities, I don't like killing those fine lads as well.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah I'm level 12 and I still use a knife for a lot of kills, I break out the SMG for hard targets. I'll post the build link in a sec

razvedchiki

Erudite
there are 3 oddities each 3 exp worth in the offices of the 3 core factions, you can grab them ( you can find the coretech one during the main quest later) by asking for a job (thus gaining acess into their offices) but not accepting any job. that way you can gain acess to roam around in all 3 and with enough stealth and flashbang distractions you can grab them.
(those are different from their faction badges).

Yosharian

Arcane

https://underrail.info/build/?HgcQB...SY7DRU3Tz5JFlHCoyTChcKzAnjip6oD4qi7A-K1rgnfvw

it's a work in progress as i'm currently level 12 only

i'm still working out whether i'll shift to carrying two SMGs lategame or whether i'll always carry a knife. If I'm always carrying a knife then the Parry feat could be useful, as could be Expose Weakness. But it's hard to fit those feats in, and if I end up ditching the knife for a second SMG lategame then they would be useless.

Also I'm still not decided on skills, I may have overinvested in some Crafting skills and underinvested in skills like Evasion and Stealth.

Jason Liang

Arcane

https://underrail.info/build/?HgcQB...SY7DRU3Tz5JFlHCoyTChcKzAnjip6oD4qi7A-K1rgnfvw

i'm still working out whether i'll shift to carrying two SMGs lategame or whether i'll always carry a knife. If I'm always carrying a knife then the Parry feat could be useful, as could be Expose Weakness. But it's hard to fit those feats in, and if I end up ditching the knife for a second SMG lategame then they would be useless.

Also I'm still not decided on skills, I may have overinvested in some Crafting skills and underinvested in skills like Evasion and Stealth.
no, parry is a trap. The only thing going for it are other mediocre feats at its level, but it's not worth wasting a feat on.

Yaz

Learned
i cant shake of underrail... still

Welcome to the club. There's two good non-crafting spears that can be obtained without Mercantile. The reward from Camp Hathor for clearing the mine and the Lumurian Spear which is actually quite good as a melee weapon. I do think that both can be obtained fairly early.

It's also how quickly and safely you can gather those, as well. For example, to get the Scrapper/Eel Insignias you need to complete The Silent Isle which is fine if you're ok with save-scumming. Really, Pickpocketing is very comfortable as long as you don't overinvest into it. For a max Dex character the potential is reached at level 6.

Parabalus

Arcane

no, parry is a trap. The only thing going for it are other mediocre feats at its level, but it's not worth wasting a feat on.

Parry is only useable (but still bad) with the unique pirate sword. You can swap to it at the end of your turn, and then switch to your real weapon to 3x parry attack.

Since you want an SMG in the other hand def skip it. Knives really only need CP, CS and Ripper, rest of its feats are pbad. Taste of blood maybe for the native villages.

Yaz

Learned
There could be an interesting case for Taste for Blood and Micro-Shrapnel bullets. Especially since there's Spec-Ops that could be quite viable. 7.62 Rapid SMGs would burst for 12-14 AP. Infinite Flashbangs, as well. It could be quite interesting.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom