Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Yaz

Learned
Welcome to the club. There's two good non-crafting spears that can be obtained without Mercantile. The reward from Camp Hathor for clearing the mine and the Lumurian Spear which is actually quite good as a melee weapon. I do think that both can be obtained fairly early.
lemurian spear requires fighting 4 nagas and that one might get interesting without blast cloth to craft. Not sure Ill call it early

You will be able to sneak. Activating the console and using a VPG after that.

so... how does sweep interact with fancy footwork/cheap shots?

I don't know about Fancy Footwork, but you should be able to proc Cheap Shots. Really, with Shock Spears is where it gets more interesting.

Yaz

Learned
The thing about sweep and electroshock is that you get a lot of procs, each doing aoe damage.

The Lemurian Spear, although expensive to keep powered up, is much better against the Strongmen/Handmaidens. Considering a no Crafting run, I think it's reasonable to keep it around. Shock one should become available at some point.

Sheepherder

Augur
Both work. Although if you proc the incap from Cheap Shots, the electrical shock damage will break it right away as every enemy in range gets some electro damage for every enemy hit.
Also, Taste for Blood and Sweep work very well. Drop a Nail Bomb grenade, which applies Bleeding Wounds to enemies. Sweep a group of bleeding enemies, get fat stacks of TfB.

Sheepherder

Augur
Both work. Although if you proc the incap from Cheap Shots, the electrical shock damage will break it right away as every enemy in range gets some electro damage for every enemy hit.
Also, Taste for Blood and Sweep work very well. Drop a Nail Bomb grenade, which applies Bleeding Wounds to enemies. Sweep a group of bleeding enemies, get fat stacks of TfB.
this is sweet and its all coming together...

Anyone actually played with spear throw and can tell me if I need to max throwing or if there is effective skill level to aim for?
Max it. More throwing - more accuracy.

ciox

Liturgist
evasive, sneaky spearman with base 13 AGI to grab veteran sprint and naval combat... now that would be quite a larp.... if i ever get back to this game it would be either for that one or knife thrower. Not sure you can get to lvl 28 without completing black sea though (and going to dc first). As such all that juicy jet ski impaling would be wasted
i cant shake of underrail... still

and maaaan... spears got high meme potential

https://underrail.info/build/?GgwHD...AAAAAAAAAAMKMVTkkHRbClRJHRMKBwpTCrEsGwoXCpd-_

quickly assembled feats in quite random order.
yell and brutality... since I always wanted to have fun with those
no crafting. Get mercantile and hope for cool stuff. There is also cool unique stuff: Høddurform and bandana
since i have yell i got evasion and dodge full deal. Not for dominating anyway... or is it?
godly sneak with that agi and hodor staff.
Blitz + vet sprint for extra 30 AP, under blindsiding boost ofc
feat starved, dropped silly guard things. Shouldnt need with godly evasion + yell and fear crowd control?

btw does yell lower psi skills? can it leave psi casters unable to cast higher lvl stuff?

Its so weird I sort of want to try it. Main problem appear to be lack of skill points for subterfuge... my regular thief larping self isnt happy, along with thievery feats that I had to drop... Probably should go easy on intimidate or dodge to give them a boost, since those can be maxed a bit later on
Don't you need Per for spear throw to hit properly? It's a pretty high maintenance feat iirc.

ciox

Liturgist
Don't you need Per for spear throw to hit properly? It's a pretty high maintenance feat iirc.
PER got nothing to do with accurace at range.
PER improves your guns skill, your accuracy comes from skill alone.

Hence what actually improves spear throw acuracy would be DEX
You're right, I only ever ran a STR spear character so that's probably why the throw accuracy sucked so much, darkness might factor into it too, especially in Black Sea.

Sheepherder

Augur
PER got nothing to do with accurace at range.
PER improves your guns skill, your accuracy comes from skill alone.

Hence what actually improves spear throw acuracy would be DEX
I don't remember if it's the case for spears, but throwing knives get darkness penalty. You might need to get NVG or use other means to light up your enemies.

Trashos

Arcane
also sewers - you mean Zaman's lair?
yes. You can get that one regardless of who you join

You can get into the lair without getting the questline?! Isn't the door locked and unpickable?

complete The Silent Isle which is fine if you're ok with save-scumming.

Hmmm... placing traps to the West and the East and then throwing grenades from afar doesn't work anymore? I guess there is some risk, but I remember that it invariably worked for me.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
That's kinda counterintuitive and especially so if you played Fallout. In there, PER works as one of the two main factors determining the chance to hit, along with the according gun skill, and affects it rather significantly; simply speaking, each point of PER above 2 is equivalent to 16 skillpoints in the according gun skill.

In Underrail, PER doesn't affect chance to hit at all.

Yaz

Learned
Hmmm... placing traps to the West and the East and then throwing grenades from afar doesn't work anymore? I guess there is some risk, but I remember that it invariably worked for me.

It works, but considering the amount of consumables you have to go through, picking the Rathound Regalia for maybe a fifth of the cost and just sneaking past the rathounds is the overall more comfortable option, imo.

CHEMS

Scholar
Is Moretech really worth it for the components or can i rely on Constantines top stuff? I really enjoy using JKKs armor, it's too good.

Parabalus

Arcane
Which components?

Coretech has guaranteed energy emitters and those rare, rest isn't that much.

Though is there no way to get a JKK jacket? Stupid coretech armor is pickpocektable, but just theirs.

CHEMS

Scholar
No way to get it without joining. I'm making a new build, versatility critical laser. Mainly looking for good components for the pistols.

Yaz

Learned
The only two things you will miss are the Plasma Grenade BP and an early Coretech Respirator which is quite useful for spotting the traps and stacking some Toxic Sludge. Other than that all 3 shops aren't very good in terms of quality materials, although rarely you will find the mythical 155.

PS: Point Shot works with Laser Pistols? If so you could consider 35 TM for double Point Shot a turn.

ciox

Liturgist
No way to get it without joining. I'm making a new build, versatility critical laser. Mainly looking for good components for the pistols.
Eh, you can just slaughter them and take the loot, you don't aggro the entire city if you freak out on a faction, just the faction itself.

Parabalus

Arcane

Isn't that basically your chemical pistol build with 2 feats swapped out? Or just instead of throwing.

an early Coretech Respirator

You can pickpocket these, along with their charging armor - seems like an oversight tbh.

Tigranes

Arcane
Toying around with a fairly standard Psychokinetic Hammerman, now in Junkyard in Dominating without much trouble. I'm really enjoying the couple of small new encounters added to the very early game - this time I got the Ryl [sic] warehouse defence one.

Initial experience of the controversial psi changes is that it seems to be too clunky fiddly. I would only have kept the "Spellbook" idea to reduce hyperflexibility, but seems just busyworky to essentially have two different mana pots to carry around.

As is tradition, already wondering if I should just reroll for a Versatility Crossbow Chem Pistolman. Or a sniper. Or...

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Is power management worth it? I dropped opportunist from my build to get it, but now I'm not so sure that was a good decision. It is useful for sure, gets you a good shield emitter, makes your cloaking device last longer, etc, but is all that worth a feat on a non-energy pistol build and at the expense of opportunist?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom