Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

overly excitable young man

See that rollercoaster? You can climb it.

E6TLTZE.png

m4qUToO.png

CW9QPuz.png

Zm4t7RI.png

Learned
4EB06A6219402E134DD115B44ECE8AE702A0EDA0

EA3EE3F5EE2815763E0EEE870CE7DC50B7045F8D

"Old Games Widescreen Patch" intended for Tomb Raider 2 and 3 also works with Omikron. It's vert- so it shall cut off too much at ultrawide resolutions, but it's okay at 16:9.

1BFF9076432AF18915498508621A43B6F5136880

spekkio

Arcane
Fire Emblem - Sacred Stones

(Sorry for the oversaturation, RA ignored my shader settings when making screenshots)

It's time for out Angel of Death to end the evil reign:

RoxSqgL.png

D5tSrfn.gif

:obviously:

cC8dIp7.png

q9ruRBg.png

He was only attacked once before, and Marisa was able to fucking obliterate him with two criticals (despite CRT=13).

JOccTuj.png

Fuckin' Swordmasters, mang. :roll:

To my surprise, our puny archer scored #1 on the kill-list:

mJZMRYk.png

Tana the Big Lizard Raider was the second:

JbbrdYO.png

Marisa was far behind, but she killed like 75% of bosses / tough motherfuckers:

uTq4b3A.png

And FE8 is a rare FE game where the protag does not suck epically:

sZ478V5.png

Anyway, strong women dominated the list. :salute:

With Snes and GBA games done, it's time for me to witness the Gamecube / NDS / 3DS decline firsthand... :cry:

And all 3 GBA FE games are worth playing even just to watch the single most epic battle animations ever created by humankind.

:salute:

spekkio

Arcane
BROS, doublepost!

Mass Effect - Wii Edition

jJc0WxN.jpg

c7ASxz3.jpg

PZ3Lk2i.jpg

eQNfyWK.jpg

giphy.gif

Holy sheet! It looks like is actually Dolan Metroid Prime 3!

E2gDUuU.jpg

Alright! Let's end this retarded tutorial and go back to good old Metroid Prime gameplay: zero narrative and no retarded one-lined NPCs, just Samus and alien lifeforms to kill!

3xq8oA1.jpg

giphy.gif

R.I.P. in peace, Samus. :cry:

Sjukob

Arcane
Utterly exhausting with its map sizes and monster counts, even with all the adjustments this guy made to weapons and power-ups (without which this would likely border on being being unplayable later on).
Wayfarer is excellent, it's basically Ancient Aliens for Heretic. The highest monster count that you will encounter is something around 700, which is pretty tame to be honest. I hope the author delivers more.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A replay of the Gladiator made by Taiwanese studio IGS. That intro sequence could cause them some troubles in some countries.
I like how you pump up the specials meter by hitting enemies, and you can choose which to use with the helpful small icons.

There are multiple paths that we can take - easy, medium and hard. What is really cool, is that the boss that we will fight on medium probably won't return later on, like many games tend to do, especially near the end.

mame642020-12-1418-36zujux.png

mame642020-12-1418-40o8kob.png

mame642020-12-1418-42sfk4e.png

mame642020-12-1418-467pjhd.png

mame642020-12-1419-09d5kap.png

mame642020-12-1419-12pykcc.png

mame642020-12-1419-14a5kqz.png

mame642020-12-1419-197yjz5.png

spekkio

Arcane
BROS, Multipost!

Devil Survivor - Overcucked

aHtwjRk.jpg

:roll:

Well, I can't say I'm a big fan of character design in this game...

im5RAVD.jpg

NVM...

X4gp9Aw.jpg
:salute:

czAIkPF.jpg

U6bCoSN.jpg

c98abebab7fc9c87cc310050875a7fac_w200.gif

J6k377y.jpg

Xt1DPgr.jpg

:dance:

FKOXRrK.jpg

Hee-ho! Intensifies

:love:

Anyway, we simply have to survive:

rej9ibf.jpg

W1OEa0p.jpg

:obviously:

Riskbreaker

Utterly exhausting with its map sizes and monster counts, even with all the adjustments this guy made to weapons and power-ups (without which this would likely border on being being unplayable later on).
Wayfarer is excellent, it's basically Ancient Aliens for Heretic. The highest monster count that you will encounter is something around 700, which is pretty tame to be honest. I hope the author delivers more.
Tame by what standards? Certainly not by Heretic's. And I really don't think that Heretic is conductive to these monster counts and map sizes, unless the gameplay much speeded up and the maps themselves have more character than these do.
Don't think I see where the Ancient Aliens comparison is coming from either.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Pretty sexy.

What mods?

- MGE XE and shaders
- Bitter Coast Sounds Official Plugin for the dragonflies
- Bitter Coast Scum Replacer by Anumaril21 for the scum at Bitter Coast
- Intelligent Textures & Facelift for textures
- Remiros' Groundcover for the grass
- Let There Be Darkness for darker interiors and brighter lights
- Yet Another Guard Diversity for the guards

Installation and setup is covered in my guide (Setup explains what shaders I use, everything else is easy enough to install).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom