Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
It was a weird and somewhat basic game when it first launched. Wonder how it'll do in current climate?

lightbane

Arcane
It shows an attractive white blonde male as the protagonist, which means it is automatically haram to the usual suspects.

Derringer

Prophet
Women? Or faggots? Journalist blogs don't tend to represent the actual opinions of the people writing them when it's a job.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:shredder:
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/12/yoko-taro-and-yosuke-saito-working-on-two-new-titles
Yoko Taro and Yosuke Saito working on two new titles
Saito is not very enthusiastic about one of them.

Saito-Taro_12-30-20.jpg

Two new titles are in development by NieR duo Yoko Taro of Bukkuro and Yosuke Saito of Square Enix, the pair confirmed during the “Games Industry Chit-Chat 2020 Year-End Party” live stream.

According to Saito, he received a proposal from Taro to make a certain game about a year ago, but rejected the idea as he strongly felt he would never want make such a game. But Taro was determined and tried to convince Saito with an hour-long presentation. While he was not easy to convince, Saito accepted Yoko Taro’s proposal as a result, and development of the game was decided. However, even now one year later, Saito admits he is less than enthusiastic about it, stating, “If I could quit, I would.”

In addition to the game Saito is reluctantly working on, a separate new title from Saito and Yoko Taro that the pair mutually agreed upon is also in preparation. This new title is planned for release before the other title.

Thanks, Games Talk.

IceyD

Scholar
Your JRPG releases for January:

- Atelier Ryza 2

Annnd that's it. Maybe we're seeing some impact from COVID on the industry.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Vanillaware New Year 2021 Artwork. You might ask me why I am posting this? Their new years cards usually alludes to what their next game migh be.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Caligula 2 logo found. I never played the first game but I am curious about it.

huh I guess the game is kinda popular in Japan to warrant a sequel?

I think it is mostly panned in the west for being a cheap Persona knock-off that try to do what it does but generally just worse?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/10/cie...anuary-28-2021-for-ps4-switch-and-pc-in-japan

Ciel nosurge DX and Ar nosurge DX launch January 28, 2021 for PS4, Switch, and PC in Japan

(They are delayed to March 4 btw.)

This is interesting. They got Steam pages, but it seems they're only available in Japan. (Store pages should be visible through links above the widgets if you're not signed in.)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1477480/Ciel_Nosurge_Ushinawareta_Hoshi_e_Sasagu_Uta_DX/?cc=jp

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1477490/Ar_nosurge_Ode_to_an_Unborn_Star_Deluxe/?cc=jp

Also Japanese subtitle only.

Koei Tecmo has been doing this kind of Japan-only Steam release with horse racing sim games, but it's unusual for these games. I guess they won't release these remasters outside of Japan?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected

switch exclusive? why must they torment me so why lord why

I can confirm for you that it's working on Yuzu. Has some graphical aberrations, some red/green lines that run through some things sometimes, but other than that it's definitely playable. I can post a video later of the artifacts but for the kind of game this is they're more than bearable since it's just low-quality sprite work. They don't affect the character portraits either, which is good.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
ENDER LILIES: Quietus of the Knights, meteroidvania by ex-Capcom producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi (Resident Evil, Dragon's Dogma, killer7):

This is out now on Early Access.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom