Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
High amount of Zionist energy, not only chopping up the remaster into an undefined number of different 60$ parts but also selling DLC for each and every part individually.

Doktor Best

Arcane
They also dropped a trailer to a mobile version of FF7. Episodic of course:

DON'T YOU GUYS HAVE PHONES?

Also, why the hell is Aerith fighting the Guard Scorpion?

Duraframe300

Arcane
They also dropped a trailer to a mobile version of FF7. Episodic of course:

DON'T YOU GUYS HAVE PHONES?

Also, why the hell is Aerith fighting the Guard Scorpion?

They did the same thing with FFXV and that got a pc and console release afterwards. So, here's hoping.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
High amount of Zionist energy, not only chopping up the remaster into an undefined number of different 60$ parts but also selling DLC for each and every part individually.

You know that FF7 was based on Jewish mythology and originally set in NYC right?

Stop boosting this piece of shit
FF7 remake is a masterpiece of trolling
Death to all enablers of the decline!
I found this on /v/ guys. How accurate is it?

tygyFtk.png

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I'm amazed that nobody has pushed for a FF6 remake yet. Like a hardcore remake like this.

Probably because the FF6 crowd is too old to give a fuck anymore and it's not an instant win for them

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Yeah, at the end of the day/game its all about sales and $$ collected per region. There might even be a bit of prejudice on which region gets what (sure the hell happened in the early days... fuck even now.). The production costs must be way up there for this since its being done in installments.

I've been looking at the art styles of various jrpgs lately and the games evolutions through the years. I wonder what they will evolve into next.

I've only seen the vids and screenies of the remake so I can't honestly say how this game would awe me compared to the original. I haven't played the original either but have watched a few of vids commenting on differences. Play it fresh or experience the original first? Play them side by side?

Ninjerk

Arcane
Yeah, at the end of the day/game its all about sales and $$ collected per region. There might even be a bit of prejudice on which region gets what (sure the hell happened in the early days... fuck even now.). The production costs must be way up there for this since its being done in installments.

I've been looking at the art styles of various jrpgs lately and the games evolutions through the years. I wonder what they will evolve into next.

I've only seen the vids and screenies of the remake so I can't honestly say how this game would awe me compared to the original. I haven't played the original either but have watched a few of vids commenting on differences. Play it fresh or experience the original first? Play them side by side?
It would be difficult to capture in 2021 what FF7 was at its time, and that's not merely the presentation and how dated it looks, but you also have a whole age cohort at just the right age to really understand a bit of the teenie angst in the game (and the series as a whole). Having said that, it's quite unique, IMO, in capturing a sort of dieselpunk-with-magic aesthetic layered on top of a story that is ultimately about the global environment (without going so far as becoming econihilistic like many of the millenials have become).

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
They will evolve to become a series of belts only, and the person built around that.

As an aside, I have to say I wholeheartedly dislike FF7 because of how much of a letdown the whole game is AFTER mother fucking Midgar, which is disc 1. That whole area was so damn well done and so good, the rest of the game blows. Story is kinda meh, here and there has some sci fi elements reminiscent of The Thing, but overall it's not entirely compelling or that great.

Ninjerk Teen angst yes, but even then I felt it was less in FFIII (6-Jap), primarily focused on the two main chicks (Celes and Terra). The other characters didn't have angst so much as other stuff to work thru. Except Cyan, who had real reasons for that shit. Overall, I feel like FFIII still was the most engaging story wise, and had the best development character wise, and was the most free form gameplay wise (last 2/3rds of it) when compared to the other FF's I played.

FFT, for all it's awesomeness, was an on-rails story. It was an amazing story, but there was no choice aside from how you played your character, etc.

mogwaimon

Magister
I'm amazed that nobody has pushed for a FF6 remake yet. Like a hardcore remake like this.

Probably because the FF6 crowd is too old to give a fuck anymore and it's not an instant win for them

because we know SE would fucking bungle it. Look at FF7R. Look at the FF6 iOS port. You think we want that shit? Nah dude, let sleeping dogs lie. that's a goddamn monkey's paw wish and you know it.

Duraframe300

Arcane

FF6 doesn't need a remake. Even the old pixel-art still holds up and if you want something newer there are mods that fix the steam versions (imo my preferred way to play FFVI now is going full Amano on sprites YMMV)

The only big thing you could improve is gameplay/combat and there's a 99% chance that's going to be fucked up in a remake. Rather just play some mod on that front.

So, yes. Presentation still holds up, story still holds up, charachters still holds up, pacing still holds up.
What would you even improve that would be improved?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom