Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
It's not even a choose your adventure book as your decision change nothing and it's definitely not an rpg. It's a commie bare bones adventure game now with shitty voice acting.

:hmmm:

Gradenmayer

Learned
Am I the only one that thinks this game was made for story fag woke libtards that are attracted to women who look like ugly men? Why would anyone want to play a game where you just know you are going to come away more depressed than when you started? Just looking at this games artwork depresses me.
:negative:
This is why you don't talk about the game before playing it.
Game let's you turn this drunk, miserable asshole's life around, If you choose to do so. It's as hopeful and inspiring as it gets.

Judging a game by the cover is some Twitter/Reddit shit.

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Game let's you turn this drunk, miserable asshole's life around, If you choose to do so. It's as hopeful and inspiring as it gets.

Point taken, but seriously, the entire Codex is full of graphic whores that won't touch a game unless it has a fancy graphics, so I'm not buying the don't judge a book by its cover stuff. From what I've read, this place is ripe with people that only judge a book by it's graphics (cover).

To me, the art in this game was clearly made to attract hipster edgy graphic whores and story fags. Why those types are so attracted to muddled grungy art and ugly women in RPGs is really beyond me. I'm personally not attracted to that in my RPGs. And if the game forces you to play some drunk loser character from the start then it's not even an RPG then is it. Where I come from, RPG's let you create your own character. Unless you are one of those guys that enjoys being forced to play as pixie faery or some other shit in their RPGs.

Larianshill

Arbiter
what happens if you succeed the moralist quest red checks? i failed both of them. hilarious but i am i am curious what harry would say to the coalition if he succeed in repairing the antenna.
Interfacing check is not that important, you can do without it. Empathy is hugely important.
But even then, there are caveats. You must fully finish Evrart and Joyce's story and tell the moralists everything about it. You must finish Soona's quest and know about the pale, and tell them that as well. You absolutely must not tell them anything "weird" about the vicitm. If all those conditions are met, they will send an airship for you and invite you on board to discuss the crisis of the Pale. If you go on board, it's game over. If you don't go on board, the game continues, and Kim tells you you've made the right call, while the woman you're talking to suggests vague and unpleasant consequences. This is the way to get the achievement.
If you just tell them about the upcoming mercenary tribunal, the woman will consider it a crisis and tell everything to Moralintern's highest authority, but they won't act, considering it a local affair. The woman will be very disappointed, and her faith in moralism will be shaken.
If you tell her about communism killing the Hanged Man, she'll dismiss everything you said as ramblings of a drug addict.

It may affect the endgame (fascist quest only got one line acknowledging it), but I didn't finish the game after the moralist quest.

jackofshadows

Magister
Point taken, but seriously, the entire Codex is full of graphic whores that won't touch a game unless it has a fancy graphics, so I'm not buying the don't judge a book by its cover stuff. From what I've read, this place is ripe with people that only judge a book by it's graphics (cover).

To me, the art in this game was clearly made to attract hipster edgy graphic whores and story fags. Why those types are so attracted to muddled grungy art and ugly women in RPGs is really beyond me. I'm personally not attracted to that in my RPGs. And if the game forces you to play some drunk loser character from the start then it's not even an RPG then is it. Where I come from, RPG's let you create your own character. Unless you are one of those guys that enjoys being forced to play as pixie faery or some other shit in their RPGs.
I can't beleive this is a legit user :D

Vormulak

Learned
Edgy
Am I the only one that thinks this game was made for story fag woke libtards that are attracted to women who look like ugly men? Why would anyone want to play a game where you just know you are going to come away more depressed than when you started? Just looking at this games artwork depresses me.
:negative:

>judging something by its cover is wrong
imagine being a physiognomy denying transexual, if it looks like a nigger, stinks like a nigger, sounds like a nigger and raps like a nigger its a nigger.

Vormulak

Learned
Edgy

Can't believe fags actually disagree with this post, if you can't create a character it isn't an rpg. If its a completely linear narrative with a pre-determined character its as far removed from being an rpg as is possible, deal with it, dilate, cope and seethe zoomer trannies.

Reid

Novice
Giving the game a proper chance now after not really getting into it the first time around, the skill check voices really bothered me. Thankfully the "psychological" mode seems to get rid of them.

Harthwain

Magister
I played The Final Cut a bit and I have to say I am fine with the voices. They aren't amazing, but they aren't awful either - they are in an OK area for me. There were moments when a skill narrator made me smile by verbalizing a joke ("What do you mean 'Not ask questions?'. You're a cop, asking questions is what you do."), because saying it aloud somehow was funnier than just reading it. I have got the impression that each class of skills is voiced a little bit differently (the red voices don't sound the same as the yellow voices). It could be me just being bad at voice recognition though, so take that with a fistful of salt and pepper.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I played The Final Cut a bit and I have to say I am fine with the voices. They aren't amazing, but they aren't awful either - they are in an OK area for me. There were moments when a skill narrator made me smile by verbalizing a joke ("What do you mean 'Not ask questions?'. You're a cop, asking questions is what you do."), because saying it aloud somehow was funnier than just reading it. I have got the impression that each class of skills is voiced a little bit differently (the red voices don't sound the same as the yellow voices). It could be me just being bad at voice recognition though, so take that with a fistful of salt and pepper.
at least they nailed kim's voice for me. cuno's is the only letdown i really kinda disappointed with because he sounds a lot less unhinged.

anyway i failed 97% shivers check in FELD building in the last step of investigations. i succeeded it the first time around so i didn't know it sent you into cool spooky work around where you figure ruby's radio trap can broadcast shit directly into the brain. that's super neat.

Latelistener

Arcane

I can understand why people may be upset because it sounds differently, but the new one is clearly a better recording from the sound design perspective. I kind of know what I'm talking about.

Also, there is a lot of reverb in this video. I thought it sounds like that in the game, but it doesn't.

I haven't played the game much yet, waiting for some patches, but the new voice didn't look like it's not appropriate or out of place for me. And I was just about to get my torches and pitchforks.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I have been away for a week and haven't read the new pages. Is it possible to save the rene dude? He is the best character in the fucking game,it is shame he kicked it off.

Gradenmayer

Learned

:retarded:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd say most of them are above average. Few are exceptional (kim and the deserter was fantastic) few are worse than the original but not by any mean bad (cuno, jean).

Final cut biggest disappointment is content. I expected . . . More? Like little things even. We got 4 new major ish quest but i wish it was a little more. But it is also technically a free update.

I am looking forward to whatever they are doing next. Like THE FUCKING BOOK KURVITZ. GIMME GIMME AM READY TO PAY FOR IT.

Kasparov page it to the man.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL faggots,the VA is pretty good. Not liking some voice is personal thing,bitching about it for 20 pages on the codex is a retarded thing lol. All the voices add a bit of flair and realism to their characters. It is far better than the generic western VA.

That said...why the fuck i can't take out the boots from the dead dude ? I wasted to nights for that fuck and still don't get the option to remove them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom