Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Yeah. Hate to admit, but actually looked all book locations before even starting second game.
There's no way to get all of the missables without a guide, especially pre-CS3. Heck, even with a guide it can be easy to miss things(I failed to get the character note chievo in my NG+ run of 3).

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I see that IV adds a new top tier waifu..

Adult Roselia

20210507215141-1.jpg

:shredder:

Deleted member 7219

Oh and it's long overdue for this site to have avatars from CS3 and 4. I want a more modern Sara avatar god damn it!

I had the staff upload CS 1 and 2. If you want them to add 3 and 4, get zips of all the avatars - I think you can get them from the official NISA websites for the games - and then send a PM to Infinitron or DU.

Shadenuat

Arcane
so it ends.
the ending of 4 was p silly
but art in titles was great. it was that kind of art they should put in rewards from rex, instead of 3d screenshots
it was far from best or better game in the series, and it would be great time to let all these characters go and make something new and less septerions. but judging by previews of next games they're not letting old cast go yet for 1 more game until it's some new story in Calvard. :M

so a pessimist in me thinks next games might continue spiral of decline because quests/dungeons/gameplay never in particular got any better than old sprite games :shittydog:

I see that IV adds a new top tier waifu
im sorry but , as my friend says, "a loli is always appropriate"

Rose definitely steals a lot of show tho. also Altina voice actress stolen whole romance part of the game. and Duvie was p hilarious.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I wanted to visit relatives over weekend but everything is still closed because of corona-chan so i'm just sitting at home, eating, sleeping and playing. After 3 day marathon i reached final bosses of sc. Maybe i'll take a break after it. Or maybe just start 3rd game.

Ysaye

Arbiter
so it ends.
but art in titles was great. it was that kind of art they should put in rewards from rex, instead of 3d screenshots
it was far from best or better game in the series, and it would be great time to let all these characters go and make something new and less septerions. but judging by previews of next games they're not letting old cast go yet for 1 more game until it's some new story in Calvard. :M

so a pessimist in me thinks next games might continue spiral of decline because quests/dungeons/gameplay never in particular got any better than old sprite games :shittydog:

Rose definitely steals a lot of show tho. also Altina voice actress stolen whole romance part of the game. and Duvie was p hilarious.

I think there is an argument to say the true next arc has not been undertaken; you are right that Hajimari is a "farewell to characters" game and even the new game Kuro set in Calvard coming out later this year is questionable as to whether it is the "next arc" as Kondo has said it is sibling to Hajimari (which is obviously a filler) and possibly a stand alone game.

I do agree it would be great for Falcom to work on something else for a while - Dinosaur 2 maybe or even Brandish 5? Would love them to do a pure gritty dungeon crawler again, but it is clear that Falcom's board (that wield a lot of influence) can be very conservative at times.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
so it ends.

I think there is an argument to say the true next arc has not been undertaken; you are right that Hajimari is a "farewell to characters" game and even the new game Kuro set in Calvard coming out later this year is questionable as to whether it is the "next arc" as Kondo has said it is sibling to Hajimari (which is obviously a filler) and possibly a stand alone game.

I do agree it would be great for Falcom to work on something else for a while - Dinosaur 2 maybe or even Brandish 5? Would love them to do a pure gritty dungeon crawler again, but it is clear that Falcom's board (that wield a lot of influence) can be very conservative at times.
I want a Tokyo Xanadu 2.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Rean
post-battle scene where Kevin intercepts and kills fleeing Weissmann saying "i was just pretending to be rookie inquisitor all this time". With his disappearance from battlefield it really looked like he just faked his death to set trap in advance. He even fooled me - after party leaves scene without him i thought for a moment it was permadeath.

Reinhardt

Arcane
So should i play 3rd? I understand it's more of side story than direct continuation of first two games?

Jinn

Arcane
3rd is by no means a side story. Absolutely integral part of the overarching story, with tons of setup for Crossbell and Cold Steel, as well as extremely important world building and character development. Have no idea how it got this reputation as an optional spin-off story.

Still my number one game in the series too, after playing every available game in English.

Deleted member 7219

3rd is by no means a side story. Absolutely integral part of the overarching story, with tons of setup for Crossbell and Cold Steel, as well as extremely important world building and character development. Have no idea how it got this reputation as an optional spin-off story.

Still my number one game in the series too, after playing every available game in English.

Agreed. It also gets some well deserved call outs in TOCS 4. Definitely a solid main entry in the saga.

I think it got its reputation from some morons who thought the Phantasma dungeon crawling was all in Kevin and Ries’ heads, when it is made clear on multiple occasions that all the other characters who feature are being teleported into Phantasma from across Zemuria. It all really happened.

I’m hoping that Gehenna is real and plays a major role in the ending of the Trails saga.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Dungeon crawling is nice. New enemies, new effects in battle, everything is ready to rape you again.

Jinn

Arcane
I’m hoping that Gehenna is real and plays a major role in the ending of the Trails saga.

I feel like McBurn at the end of CS IV, and the manifestation of the devils throughout the game are big indications that Gehenna is indeed real and probably another plane of existence tied to Zemuria. Also crazy that there doesn't seem to be another continent besides Zemuria, nor does it seem to belong to a proper spherical world, almost as if it is a continent and portion of ocean floating in the ether, as addresses by the "you can sail or fly as far from the continent as you can and still never go anywhere." Lot of interesting ideas dropped at the end of CS IV.

Last edited:

cruel

Cipher
Does anyone have a save file from first TitS, before entering Grancel castle? It seems my PS Vita died right when entering, and there is no way I will be replaying 40 hours on PC.

If yes, can I kind soul upload a save file to some file sharing service and post a link? Thanks in advance. If not, will need to watch the rest of the game on Youtube.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Sorry, deleted saves before starting sc because i didn't know at this point how it handles transfer so only final save left. Was afraid i will need to manually copy needed file and there was hundreds.

Deleted member 7219

cruel Here you go. Clear data and also a save right before Grancel Castle.

Unzip and place the FC folder in <Steam-folder>\userdata\<user-id>\251150\remote\

Attachments

• FC.zip
    317.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:

cruel

Cipher
Excellent, thank you very much Rean! Downloaded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom