Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Arianhrod's fight in CS 4 is probs my favorite moment in the series. too bad they doesn't just reuse unfathomed force for the battle.
the immortals rivalies has been great (except for crow since he lives anyway). there is just a sense of closure and finality to it and i am fucking glad they ended lianne even though she got cheated by rufus. the rest of the awakener probably won't die since they aren't dead.

I think you are forgetting one awakener....

(And yes sad about unfathomed force but Rivalry of the Seven is an awesome track.)
Osborne? yeah. i didn't initially count him ,but i guess he's technically part of the rivalries

also the final villain kinda remind me of (mistborn/stormlight archives spoiler)
ruin from mistborn and odium from stormlight. fragment of a god that obtained malevolence and manipulate humans for their own agenda.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
No, seriously, this fight is just retarded. I can't kill him, he can't kill me.

debuff with kloe, buff speed and use dmg spells. Save s-crafts until you can finish him with those. Depending on difficulty level you might have to go back to get better gear/quartz setups.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Killed him, but it's really luck based fight. He can heal from 1/10 hp to full with zero efforts. Literally between my turns - prepare, cast heal, prepare, cast heal. 4 turns in a row,

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
NG+ runs don't take too long with the use turbo and cutscene skipping, speaking of which, my long delayed CS3 NG+ run finally began today and soon, I shall began CS4 and become one of the one cool kids again.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Ahem.

Saint-Arkh mansion.

image.png

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
While an improvement overall story-arc wise (as has always been the case with each successful game in the series), I will say I'm not a super big fan of this aspect in CS4 (still playing, not trying to spoil anything):

A lot of the enemies seem to be reluctant to fight and they simply throw themselves at you in a pathetic, desperate attempt to slow you down or a 'trial of strength'. Intelligence division, Claire, Jaegers, Main campus, Armored division. This takes away from some of the tension, as it makes the whole deal a lot less of a 'do or die' situation. I hope the stakes are upped soon. As it is, all the main villains seem to be lacking confidence in their own beliefs.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Come to think of it, I actually can't think of a single villain that the aforementioned behavior does not apply to.

Maybe McBurn, although, I'm sure he also has his own redemption arc? I understand what the writing is trying to showcase (not EVIL, but humanized villains with grounded motives), but they could have done so without being all like "come and please foil all my plans, I've been waiting for it!".

Ysaye

Arbiter
Come to think of it, I actually can't think of a single villain that the aforementioned behavior does not apply to.

Maybe McBurn, although, I'm sure he also has his own redemption arc? I understand what the writing is trying to showcase (not EVIL, but humanized villains with grounded motives), but they could have done so without being all like "come and please foil all my plans, I've been waiting for it!".

One character that is not conflicted about what they are doing or trying to test the heroes in this game is:

Rufus - he knows exactly what he wants and stoops pretty low to try and get it; if he is appearing to hold back so far, it is only because there is more power to be had in doing so and he definitely just moves in and takes advantage at one key point.

Technically "Black Alberich" knows what he is doing (and what he is doing is trying to do something pretty bad) and is not out there to test anyone or the like; like Rufus what he wants he can only get by waiting till the right moment.

McBurn gets a IMO great "redemption" / explanation near the end of the game but I shouldn't say much more about that either.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

One character that is not conflicted about what they are doing or trying to test the heroes in this game is:

Rufus - he knows exactly what he wants and stoops pretty low to try and get it; if he is appearing to hold back so far, it is only because there is more power to be had in doing so and he definitely just moves in and takes advantage at one key point.

Technically "Black Alberich" knows what he is doing (and what he is doing is trying to do something pretty bad) and is not out there to test anyone or the like; like Rufus what he wants he can only get by waiting till the right moment.

McBurn gets a IMO great "redemption" / explanation near the end of the game but I shouldn't say much more about that either.

I see, looking forward to seeing all that.
I had to get through this joke of a fight last night (and even more similar ones after).
They've seriously overdone it with the depressed adversaries who just fight planning to lose. Makes you almost feel bad for annihilating them, was that the intention?

image.png

Ysaye

Arbiter

I see, looking forward to seeing all that.
I had to get through this joke of a fight last night (and even more similar ones after).
They've seriously overdone it with the depressed adversaries who just fight planning to lose. Makes you almost feel bad for annihilating them, was that the intention?

image.png

Fair enough - you are in possibly the slowest bit of the game right at the moment (and yes most of your opponents at the moment only want to test you and/or don't want to fight) - the end of Chapter two is where it goes into another gear and the start of chapter 3 is where some of the motivations of the real baddies and the pretend baddies become more transparent.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm in chapter 2 of sc right now and best fight so far in both games was with Cid in training mission. No mumbo-jumbo, no cheap tricks, just proper human boss fight.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Why they look different?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom