Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
BURN THE WITCH!

You just can't play WoTR and not be a spellcaster. All mythic paths give SLA(Spell like abilities), and you would probably consider all SLA ''awesome buttons''

Anyway, I an enjoying the demon mythic path so far. Cruzades are being a bit harder since I can't just throw 2k skeletons into the enemy.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, has anyone noticed that only on Hard difficulty all the toggles seem to be default ones? Meaning - no yellow icons? Does it mean that this is the default difficulty?

At least I am playing on Hard right now.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Also, has anyone noticed that only on Hard difficulty all the toggles seem to be default ones? Meaning - no yellow icons? Does it mean that this is the default difficulty?

There's a core difficulty right? Surely that should be the standard. At least I hope it is. They might have gone with the strategy every other company does: Call normal hard so that the people with ego's that can't be backed up with skill don't try to play the game on a difficulty too hard then complain on the steam forums that the balance is all wrong.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I will be lvl 40 CRUSADER REGEND!

Which mythic path would you follow? Angel? Aeon? Demon? All give spells to you.

no yellow icons? Does it mean that this is the default difficulty?

The yellow icons seems to indicate changed from the previous. Not the default.

I play on a custom difficulty.

But guys. My keyboard after some time playing stops working and I need to unplug and replug it. Anyone else has this problem? I had on KM but managed to fix and don't remember how.

Edit : Nocticula has a big part on the demon mythic path and I loved it so far.

Parabalus

Arcane

There's a core difficulty right? Surely that should be the standard. At least I hope it is. They might have gone with the strategy every other company does: Call normal hard so that the people with ego's that can't be backed up with skill don't try to play the game on a difficulty too hard then complain on the steam forums that the balance is all wrong.

Game is absolutely brutal even on Normal, much harder than Kingmaker.

Not many tougher RPGs really. Huge burden of knowledge and available options.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
I mean this:
f7a1cb0d42.jpg

44430ece5d.jpg

See those yellow exclamation marks? They are present in all the difficulties but Hard.

And, for sure, for custom difficulties they represent everything which is different from Hard. To either side.

Also, I would think that "Additional Enemy Behavior" is preferred setting in the game - because that was even a goal in Kickstarter (I think).
So IMHO judging by this interface Hard is kind of default. Or may be I am wrong.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Even in Kingmaker "Normal" difficulty was actually a significant step down in difficulty than the core ruleset, by the way.
Yeah, challenging was the closest to core rules.

I mean this:
f7a1cb0d42.jpg

44430ece5d.jpg

See those yellow exclamation marks? They are present in all the difficulties but Hard.

And, for sure, for custom difficulties they represent everything which is different from Hard. To either side.

Also, I would think that "Additional Enemy Behavior" is preferred setting in the game - because that was even a goal in Kickstarter (I think).
So IMHO judging by this interface Hard is kind of default. Or may be I am wrong.
Did you have Hard selected before you started changing difficulties?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Why is Additional Enemy Behavior a setting? What the fuck. That's like if Pierre sold me Knights of Chalice 2 with a setting to turn off the amazing enemy AI.... That shouldn't even be an option. It should be on by default... Who wants to play a Turn Based game with a carpet licking enemy AI? Jesus. I thought I saw everything, but that takes the cake.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Did you have Hard selected before you started changing difficulties?
1. If I start a new game it defaults to "Normal". This is the second screen after choosing "the main story". In this state there are exclamaiton marks, and there are more of them. The only difficulty without the marks during the "New Game" is "Hard".
2. On the other hand, if I save the game on Normal, and then load the save - then yes, my Normal difficulty does not have exclamation marks, but all the other do.

So my claim is not as strong as I thought.

Thank you for the question. It is a good QA approach.

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Why is Additional Enemy Behavior a setting? What the fuck. That's like if Pierre sold me Knights of Chalice 2 with a setting to turn off the amazing enemy AI.... That shouldn't even be an option. It should be on by default... Who wants to play a Turn Based game with a carpet licking enemy AI? Jesus. I thought I saw everything, but that takes the cake.

The setting is even worth a lot of XP, probably a decent amount of gold as well.
The Enemy AI setting changes XP/gold? Or are you thinking of the Number of Enemies setting (set to Enlarged on Core)?

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Retards who got filtered by swarms. You've met them before.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
So, Mr. Desiderius .

I had these annoying "unknown key" entries on most of my popups, usually 2 of them: up under the title and down at the end of the popup.

I uninstalled the game through Steam and downloaded it again. It did not help, at least with my old saves.

Then I applied the latest patch, deleted all the saves and created a new character using the latest version of the game. The only modification I use is custom portraits.

Now I have consistent "unknown key" message under all spell titles - and nowhere else. It seems (though I am not sure) that the "unknown key" at the bottom changed to the place where the item was acquired. Unfortunately, I do not know what exactly changed this: the new patch, the new save or both. But it is better now.

This is the beta for you. They definitely do not bother with save and patch compatibility - which is to be expected. They have more important issues to fix and features to add. If the same behavior with patches continues after the release - then Owlcat Games developers deserve to live on the streets of Moscow in -30 Celsius, but not before.

I’ve got it on pretty much everything and now my game hangs whenever I try to do Kingdom management on the road - the X to close that screen brings up the save/load/options menu instead of returning to the game (oddly enough the gears button skips that menu going directly to options).

There’s a general feeling of fuckedupedness along with amazement at all the work they have done and stuff they have added and how great it is so whatever.

Game’s going to be awesome.

Desiderius

Patron
TheImplodingVoice is so excited he’s shitting his pants again.

No I haven’t tried a re-install. Getting a little tired of restarts at this point with these companions, only some of whom are fully functional and those not lending themselves to as many replay options (neither Wolj nor Daeran works with the unique racial archetypes and Skald is missing from the MT list). With respeccing not working with Mythic (so worthless) and no way to report bugs guess I’ll just be waiting for release.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
A setting called "journalist mode" probably wouldn't be well received by the "oh no these spiders are invincible" game journalists crowd. They had to get creative.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
They had to get creative.
I know you're joking, but I see some of the tutorial messages being very helpful to, say... a 7 or 8 year-old getting into Pathfinder for the first time.

Despite some of them being patently silly: "this creature is immune to stunning effects. Try other spells, or afflictions" - thanks MOM! :argh:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
A setting called "journalist mode" probably wouldn't be well received by the "oh no these spiders are invincible" game journalists crowd. They had to get creative.

What I really hate about game journos is not that they are awful and can't beat the tutorial of the cuphead. Is that they can't write teh review for the target audience of the game.

For example, imagine if I an hired as a game journo and write a FF7 remake review with long paragraphs complaing about the lack of player agency, showing how I can be a necromancer and do all cool stuff on other games and none on FF7, only play as Cloud, paragraphs complaining about how the Buster sword is a nonsensical weapon, complaining about linearity, low lethality, disconnect between gameplay and lore, that summons aren't summons mechanic wise, etc; this things really make FF7 "bad for me", but the target audience of FF7 remake don't care about it. If I an hired to review that game, I need to put myself in the place of a FF7 fan and try to think on the way that they think and value what they value. They write only retarded articles and complain about the most retarded things ever. "lack of afropolish on the witcher" and "afroczech on kingdom come", demand easy mode in a game where the main appeal is difficulty and wanna to do everything that they can to make every single game a woke cinematic third person action adventure with stealth elements.

And worst. People still take this guys seriously, giving review copies to then, conditioning payments to metacritic scores, owlcat needs to not only call story mode "game journalist mode" but also put on the description "this game has pathfinder and infinity engine fans as target audience. If you just wanna to do a quick review playing the minimum possible, this difficulty is for you."

I just don't get why some people have problem understanding 3e and pf1e ruleset.

I know you're joking, but I see some of the tutorial messages being very helpful to, say... a 7 or 8 year-old getting into Pathfinder for the first time.

I hate tutorial pop ups. I like when for example, on Gothic 2, you have a quest on the Innos monastery to kill a stone golem. You ask the NPC's and they tell that blunt weapons are the unique effective weapons against stone golems. Is not a pop up "hey, you are fighting a stone golem, swords aren't effective against stone, why not use a mace".

jungl

Augur
kind of dumb you can alpha strike 99% encounters with aoe spells like fireball and end them before they even start. You would think there be battles where the enemy set up ambushes cause its a game about fighting a war but nope.

Desiderius

Patron
I think the Tutorial is outstanding and much needed. If we want games with tactical and strategic depth we’re going to need to teach people how to play them.

Retards are just slow, not stationary.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom