Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Strangeland - new adventure game from Wormwood Studios

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
From the inventory to save systems to the layout of rooms to multiple puzzle solutions to an optional integrated hint system, we’ve tried to focus the game on the fun and challenge of puzzle-solving, exploration, and discovery, while eliminating frustrations and grind.

Glad to hear about multiple solutions to puzzles!
  • Verylittlefishes
    thinking.png
    Makes you think...

Yeah, I hope these are triggered by certain choices/situations, or trigger themselves certain outcomes...

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
There is some light C&C but less than Primordia had. How you approach and resolve puzzles may color how the protagonist comes across, but it is less direct than, like, determining which robots show up in the ending.

Dualnames

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Mark is too proud or prude to ask, we're very close to that 10k wishlist number on STEAM.

Even if you plan on buying on GOG, please go touch that wishlist button
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1369520/Strangeland/

Mark has promised nudes for this. I'm not sure anyone would wish for that, but here we are, situation is dire lol. Anyway, personally I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone for this endless support you've given us <3

agris

Arcane
Patron
Mark is too proud or prude to ask, we're very close to that 10k wishlist number on STEAM.

Even if you plan on buying on GOG, please go touch that wishlist button
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1369520/Strangeland/

Mark has promised nudes for this. I'm not sure anyone would wish for that, but here we are, situation is dire lol. Anyway, personally I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone for this endless support you've given us <3
I think you're approaching this from the wrong angle. 10k wishlist or else nudes.

Gotta know when to use the carrot vs the stick.

agris

Arcane
Patron
In all seriousness, very excited for the release. I don't know when I will have time to play but, but Primordia brought me back to adventure games after a loooong hiatus. I'm excited to (eventually) see what a more experienced Wormwood delivers!

Maxie

i hope there are some cute steam badges and amusing steam chat emotes included in this release
you're a professional now MRY certain things simply cannot be done without

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
To paraphrase Cawker City's World's Largest Ball of Twine*: Cruft + Hype = Success.

(* Not the World's Largest Ball of Twine that appears in Sam & Max Hit the Road, which is likely meant to be the one in Darwin, Minnesota, though to me its map positions seems closer to Lake Nebagamon. America has many large balls of twine.)

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Did an interview with Josh Bycer, who does podcasts on game design. Honestly, I don't know who could possibly be interested in an hour and a half of listening to the two of us, or even a few minutes of seeing my distressing hairline, but anyway:

The audio seems desynchronized to boot. That said, I think it was a pretty fun interview!

Maxie

God is diverse in virtues he bestows; some of us record one and a half hour long interviews, some enjoy a full head of hair

Maxie

can't unhear MRY insisting on pronouncing 'you know' as 'yo' throughout the entire interview
:shredder:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom