Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Strangeland - new adventure game from Wormwood Studios

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Anyway, continue your great patriotic duty and support Strangeland!

I posted an entry about Strangeland in a strange place you may know about. Not sure if people will see it, never mind wishlist it, but it may be good for a few more...

Anyway, I plan on purchasing multiple copies, so I may do a giveaway at some point, too.

Luzur

Good Sir
This reminded me of that old adventure game from the 90's with alien scenery and mirror world.

also no female main lead? im surprised, isnt that the main demand nowadays for indie devs LOL

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Alpan That’s very generous!

Luzur One luxury of being a dilettante is that I can write the stories that I need to tell, rather than doing what others demand. But Cloudscape was intended to have a female lead, and if we ever make it, it will!

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Apparently Dave has to manually push a button, which he plans on doing sometime around 9:30 Eastern time.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Truly, it will be a prodigy if with Strangeland not even second-tier websites give us nice reviews and my only comfort is in Youtubers. :D

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Strangeland reminded me of a lot of books that I was forced to read in high school. They think they’re very deep, with lots of metaphors and room to interpret things, dancing around points but never directly saying things or telling you what they’re about under the guise of being very open and thought-provoking. Unfortunately, more often than not they came across as pretentious and unable to spit out what they wanted to say.

Yikes.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I mean, I've always aspired to middlebrow high school reading list respectability, so I take it kind of as a badge of honor. :)

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
The soundtrack is still unavailable for purchase. While wealth will be transferred, note that the transfer will be non-optimal.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Did my part bros

Screenshot_20210525-205954_Steam.jpg

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Thanks, guys.

I would say that the reviews overall right now seem pretty mixed. Some high praise, some quite hostile (particularly to the game's story). So it goes. :)

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Two copies have been removed from Steam's inventory using fiat currency.

Did you gift the other one directly? It looks like they removed the ability to buy stuff directly into the Steam Inventory.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Two copies have been removed from Steam's inventory using fiat currency.

Did you gift the other one directly? It looks like they removed the ability to buy stuff directly into the Steam Inventory.
I gifted one copy to my brother. Steam asks you to send your purchase to someone directly though I dunno if there's some other workarounds to that.

Thanks, guys.

I would say that the reviews overall right now seem pretty mixed. Some high praise, some quite hostile (particularly to the game's story). So it goes. :)
I'm expecting and hoping for a miasma of confusion with atmospheric and dark visuals and audio. So far my expectations have been met.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Purchased.

I'll avoid this thread until I actually play it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom