Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It was, my delicate feelings were deeply hurt.
Another argument that helps Delt's ideas is another one that seems complex at first, but simple when you think about it: your capital map is very few times the same. Either a quest pops up regarding an artisan, the well, a new vedor, a companion needing help, new buildings, a fucking 5t owlbear coming through and smashing through things, looters during a siege, etc.

These things reflect the changes happening in your kingdom, and it is helping Delt's assessment that the Kingdom Management is, in fact, not in a bubble.

Is it perfect? No. What is?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
You could do a little KM minigame/strategic development where you went balls out to get teleporters up - the rare case where buildings mattered since you needed all the shrines you could get to get Divine Rank up to qualify for events that triggered further boosts etc...

And it ended up paying off big time in several ways - doing KM at VTomb was fun - but there should have been about ten different vectors where you could do that instead of just one.

Desiderius

Patron
Desiderius https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3205436

Dead in Sixty Seconds Contest

Hello Crusaders!

Some of you have already finished the second beta, some even managed to do it a couple of times. And we got curious: who managed to gather the strongest party? Who is the deadliest and the fastest Commander? So we decided to start a little contest for people who love to go wild with their builds. We are hoping you like soft little Owlcats, because we are ready to part with our plushies to reward the most skilled gamers! Now welcome -

Dead in Sixty Seconds* contest

Please stop reading now if you don’t want any spoilers.

In this contest the deadliest and the fastest players win. The nominations are the following:

1 - The battle against Jeslyn in the end of chapter 1

2 - The battle against Minagho and Staunton in the end of chapter 2

3 - The battle against Darrazand in chapter 3

4 - The battle against Hepzamirah in chapter 4

5 - The highest AC before the battle against Hepzamirah in chapter 4

Rules:

• difficulty level must be Core
  • you must play in the real time with pause mode
  • you must record the battle with the battle log visible and submit it without cuts. For the nomination #5 a screenshot and a save before the battle is enough
  • you must defeat the enemy as quickly as possible. Please keep this in mind when you will be using the pause. The only exception is the nomination #5 - we will judge the highest AC.
  • you must save your game-history.txt file after you finish recording and send it to us with your submission
  • make a save before the battle and send us the link to download it
  • no mods can be used. Cheaters will be added to the Wall of Shame and disqualified
  • mercenaries can’t be used at all, you can play solo or with the companions
  • Deadline: June the 30th, 0:00 Moscow time
How to submit your entry:

Email us to team@owlcatgames.com from the email your account on our site was created, with the subject “Dead in Sixty Seconds contest - nomination X”, where X is the number from 1 to 5, depending on which fight you are participating in. You can participate in multiple nominations, but if you show the highest results in more than 1 nomination, you will only get one prize, and another contestant will get the prize for another nomination.

Your submission must include:

1) subject “Dead in Sixty Seconds contest - nomination X”, where X is the nomination number

2) a link to the video of the fight. Please don’t send links to a whole stream, make a clip of the fight you want to show, starting with the rolling of the initiative and ending with the last enemy falling dead (or exploding). For nomination 5 please attach the screenshot of your AC with a tooltip to demonstrate how you got it.

3) a link to a saved game before the fight

4) game-history.txt file that was created during the fight you’ve recorded. If the file doesn’t match the video, your submission will be disqualified. The file is located at:
C:\Users\...\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous

If more than one contestant shows similar results, the winner will be selected by the jury of Owlcat Games members.

Prizes

We will reward the winners with our exclusive Owlcat plushie! Please be ready to provide your full name, address and a phone number for the delivery service. We will contact the winners after we process all the submissions.

939ae3a2bcf8af90910d071537569be5_original.jpg

*You don’t have to finish the boss fights in 60 seconds, it may take more or less time depending on your build. You will be competing with other players and their results.

Trying to Max AC and DPS is what got everyone caught in multi-classing/solo-building hell so of course that’s the metrics they choose.

Getting enough AB to gank Baphomet would have been a more interesting and productive contest since it would necessitate well-planned group dynamics which is the heart of effective/enjoyable play.

Desiderius

Patron
AC challenge:

18 Armor
10 Shield
5 Vestment
8 DEX
4 Fighting Defensively
4 Wing
6 Sacred
6 Deflection
2 Insight
2 Circumstance
5 Natural Enhancement
4 Natural
6 Size
? Dodge
? Untyped

= 80+

I think Haplo got to 90 in P:K? So I’m guessing something close to 100? A lot more options in Wrath so should be able to go straight TSS and let your team do most of the work.

Pointless since you only need 50 or so to avoid most attax then can distract, debuff, and disable or nuke from there.

Desiderius

Patron
Don’t get me wrong as someone who started on 1.0 PnP I don’t mind fighting through a little cruft but the PF ruleset is just robust to the point of being over-the-top not crufty.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
so do they actually follow the ruleset this time around like a barbarians dr should be useless late game when enemies have +5 weapons nor should it stack with other stuff.

Uh what. Barbarian DR is /-

- means it can't be penetrated by anything except abilities that specifically call out that they ignore all DR. DR/epic is the one that can be penetrated by +6 equiv weapons. +5 weapons count as cold iron, silver, adamantine and aligned for DR bypassing purposes, but a Barbarian's DR is - not /adamantine or /epic.

As for stacking, the only area that Owlcat deviated was allowing the increased DR rage power to stack with Invulnerable Rager's DR. Incidentally the guy who designed the Invulnerable Rager archetype recommended this rage power when he wrote the IR archetype.

Paizo stealth nerfed it with an errata after Pathfinder Society players were bitching that IR could end up with over 20 DR and was legal for PFS play.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
You’d need DR20/- at least for it to be meaningful at high level cRPG play and even then you’re probably better off just not getting hit much.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
so do they actually follow the ruleset this time around like a barbarians dr should be useless late game when enemies have +5 weapons nor should it stack with other stuff.

- means it can't be penetrated by anything except abilities that specifically call out that they ignore all DR. DR/epic is the one that can be penetrated by +6 equiv weapons. +5 weapons count as cold iron, silver, adamantine and aligned for DR bypassing purposes, but a Barbarian's DR is - not /adamantine or /epic.

As for stacking, the only area that Owlcat deviated was allowing the increased DR rage power to stack with Invulnerable Rager's DR. Incidentally the guy who designed the Invulnerable Rager archetype recommended this rage power when he wrote the IR archetype.

Paizo stealth nerfed it with an errata after Pathfinder Society players were bitching that IR could end up with over 20 DR and was legal for PFS play.
I played Pathfinder for a decade and never noticed the rule about different enhancement bonuses nullifying different types of DR. Then again, it was pretty rare for me to get to play with a +3 weapon.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

I played Pathfinder for a decade and never noticed the rule about different enhancement bonuses nullifying different types of DR. Then again, it was pretty rare for me to get to play with a +3 weapon.

Yep, it's the weapon enchantment equivalency table under the DR rules section. James Jacobs also confirmed that bonuses like Bane and Furious that grant you higher enhancement bonus against certain enemies or whilst raging count towards material bypass under those circumstances. Not Greater Magic Weapon though, as it's specifically called out as not granting other bonuses.

Cold Iron / silver +3
Adamantine* +4
Alignment-based +5

* Note that this does not give the ability to ignore hardness, like an actual adamantine weapon does.

People often don't realise it's a thing as Paizo decided to include it under DR rules rather than under weapon enhancements.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
You’d need DR20/- at least for it to be meaningful at high level cRPG play and even then you’re probably better off just not getting hit much.

CRPG scales are a bit different. My level 16 IR Barbarian in Strange Aeons gets a lot of utility out of "just" having 8.

Attackers with lots of weak attacks are very common in most APs. Last encounter we fought a high CR cosmic horror that had 12 tentacle attacks that did 1d6+2 and poison (a horrible save or get fucked one). Lethal against everyone in the group except my Barbarian.

Against big hitters you rage cycle and use flesh wound (fort save DC vs attack damage, half damage and taken as non lethal on success) every round. IR gets double non lethal DR as well, so flesh wound is amazing assuming you can rage cycle.

Desiderius

Patron
Looks like it’s probably good against the redesigned swarms? The Tiefling Bloodrager archetype replaces generic DR1/- with DR3/- vs Evil so could get pretty good.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3206504

The Architect of the Worldwound

Hello Crusaders!

We are hoping you are enjoying the beta version of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. If you want to share your thoughts with the Owlcat team, please join our discord, where we have a special chat in the beta section, just for your feedback! We’d love to read what you think.

But now let’s talk about someone you may have met in the game already. The most hated person in all Mendev, one of the most powerful and dangerous spellcasters on Golarion, a half-fiend responsible for countless deaths - Areelu Vorlesh, the Architect of the Worldwound.

f42bd70eacbcab02366b8d254bd12462_original.png

Despite Areelu’s infamy, little is actually known about her. Some say that back in Sarkoris she was a powerful mage, who was arrested by Sarkorian witch hunters for practicing arcane magic, and thrown into the prison meant only for the most dangerous of casters - the Threshold. There Areelu somehow managed to open the rift between Golarion and the Abyss which became eventually known as the Worldwound, and initiated the demonic invasion of Golarion.

Now whenever something sinister happens, such as a crucial crusader victory suddenly turning into the ashes of a crushing defeat - Areelu can be seen on the battlefield. What is her plan? What is she trying to achieve?

Will you be the one to answer the questions that have been gnawing at the crusaders for almost a hundred of years?

Watch our new trailer, which you helped create during our Community Quest, and meet Areelu Vorlesh, the Architect of the Worldwound.

To arms!

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
>If you want to share your thoughts with the Owlcat team, please join our discord, where we have a special chat in the beta section, just for your feedback! We’d love to read what you think.
Or. You can come here and read our feedback. Me and countless others already posted our thoughts about the beta, here on the Codex.

Krongos

Novice
They read and check all main platforms, RPGCodex included. I believe it was even mentioned on some stream. Though it doesn't mean they agree with all we say here...

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Looks like there was some kind of update today. Anyone has link?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom