Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Retardo

Learned
So, how buggy is it, compared to the previous one?

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Did anyone manage to kill the
water elemental in the side room in the maze
when they were at lvl 2-3? It was beyond me on Core.
I don’t know if it’s possible unless your main is a melee guy. I am a Cavalier so I charged it enlarged with a great sword and manage to crit twice. As a mage I’m not sure.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Azata master race?

rQqDdd6.jpg
You misspelled "Dwarf"

ArchAngel

Arcane
So we all get access to Angel Mythic path at start and later can change that into what we want? Is there a reason to choose that Angel dialogue options at start and does that lock out other options later?

BTW I am playing on Core+ difficulty

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Did anyone manage to kill the
water elemental in the side room in the maze
when they were at lvl 2-3? It was beyond me on Core.

Let Seelah take the hits ,reduce her, barkskin her and etc. Cam should be buffing party and demorilzing it. There are lots of scrolls and potions in the Maze, save them for that fight.

ChildInTime

Learned
So we all get access to Angel Mythic path at start and later can change that into what we want? Is there a reason to choose that Angel dialogue options at start and does that lock out other options later?

BTW I am playing on Core+ difficulty
1) Angel and Demon are always open.
2) All the others must be unlocked first through quests or specific actions.
3) No it doesn't matter.

Parabalus

Arcane
So I heard that there is some kind of respec option after the prologue/first chapter. Just how extensive is that? Can I change everything or just class/stats?

In the Beta you could change everything, even your Mythic Path.

Related question: when do you lock in your mythic path?

You pick starter power at the end of C1, doesn't lock you into anything. You pick proper path at the end of C2, afterwards you have options for a few AoD-style path switches.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Aside from builds autism is it any good?
+high difficulty even when compared to IE classics (not modded) and better than PKM - brutal Sadistic Russian DM (TM)
+actual neat dungeons and encounters
+difficult combat gauntlets, sometimes even with limited resting (like KoTC, although there could have been more of this) +anti rest scum system
+expansive itemization
+BG2 Strongholds (Mythics) on steroids, giving massive replayability
+C&C seems to be more of a thing this time (compared to PKM)
+some writing is so bad it's good

=crusade/minigame system, Russians forever being lovestruck by HoMM3 - but HoMM it is not
=some mommy demon NPCs as potential waifu material yet?

- if PKM writing was BG, this is ToB. first parts of original material are of the feather of Dragonspear Maestro
- underwhelming cast of companions
- graphomania, as if writers were allowed to fanfiction without any editing
- no mage duels, and AI still could be better
- some annoying good old rpg backtracking and slowly driving around map
- bugs; with the worst being your favorite class abilities just not working - wait for [insert unknown time period]

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I picked the hunter-archer archetype with bonuses for targets engaged by the pet (velociraptor, of course) and it seems to suck major balls, that zen archer cringeboy is outperforming me by quite a distance.

And I'm typically someone who is really resistant to writing in games, but it's really shit in places, there are those little bits and pieces that can be pretty lolwat.

Game is great, though, I already know it will be a couple hundred hours investment at least.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
My game barely runs on my shitty Notebook but man , i just having a great time. This shit is everything that i wanted from a sequel from Kingmaker.
Life is good , the spider waifu is even better. Fuck Lann.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Haven't seen any yet (I did report something but think it was a class feature).

As for class features...

Incense Synthesizer still doesn't even have tooltips populated (same since Alpha 1 and reported repeatedly, I started a list of missing class features which people supplemented and got thirty-some likes on Owlcat's own Forum and as far as we can tell none were fixed. You've just got to hope the five people inside the company who play the game get wind of mechanical stuff) so there's still a good many things on that end that make you roll you eyes. They took care of the people they needed to: Journos and rich Wokels like Soyer, but I repeat myself, by getting game running smooth, enough dieversity to make you puke, and extensive tutorials.

I committed myself to read everything this time but gave up after about five dialogues. Story arcs are solid - our own Conservatards in Murica are pretty much exactly like Hulruun going after January 6 grandmas and bombing the world instead of criminals running wild in the cities or securing the border - but the actual writing is just too much to deal with.

Shadenuat

Arcane
This is somewhat of a unique gem, hence codexers experiencing cultural shock: an rpg with good gameplay, but bad writing.
can't just hump it like Disco or some broken eurojank because you can collect cigarettes in it. need to change the codexian wave u r on.

"ive met female paladin! this game sHOW DO I BEAT WATER ELEMENTAL. HOW DO I SOLVE THIS PUZZLE. haha Ive met female orc!shit allodsbetrays!... HOW DO I WIN TAVERN DEFENCE???? [cue more confused noises as game progresses]"

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I picked the hunter-archer archetype with bonuses for targets engaged by the pet (velociraptor, of course) and it seems to suck major balls, that zen archer cringeboy is outperforming me by quite a distance.

And I'm typically someone who is really resistant to writing in games, but it's really shit in places, there are those little bits and pieces that can be pretty lolwat.

Game is great, though, I already know it will be a couple hundred hours investment at least.

Git gud. The bonuses you get are untyped so stack with everything, they just take awhile to really kick in. Atk/dam for you and AC for pet are exactly what you need though and the swap is pretty hilarious too.

Have to stay on top of the Animal Focus but it's really good too. Key to Hunter is keeping Aspect of Falcon and Hurricane Bow up and Enlarge on yourself. And making sure you have a good bow and plenty of Strength/Composite - you have the +2 one right?

jackofshadows

Magister
So the game starts with my char being healed. But being dhampir means they only were supposed to damage me even more yet the game doesn't reflect that like it's all good. 10/10
4F88DDC4749DF35029786A5FD299D327999D3069
And yeah, cringy writing was expected Idk what you guys are reacting at.

Retardo

Learned

Haven't seen any yet (I did report something but think it was a class feature).

As for class features...

Incense Synthesizer still doesn't even have tooltips populated (same since Alpha 1 and reported repeatedly, I started a list of missing class features which people supplemented and got thirty-some likes on Owlcat's own Forum and as far as we can tell none were fixed. You've just got to hope the five people inside the company who play the game get wind of mechanical stuff) so there's still a good many things on that end that make you roll you eyes. They took care of the people they needed to: Journos and rich Wokels like Soyer, but I repeat myself, by getting game running smooth, enough dieversity to make you puke, and extensive tutorials.

I committed myself to read everything this time but gave up after about five dialogues. Story arcs are solid - our own Conservatards in Murica are pretty much exactly like Hulruun going after January 6 grandmas and bombing the world instead of criminals running wild in the cities or securing the border - but the actual writing is just too much to deal with.

Nice, proceeding to download then. Gonna go lich and poop muh negative energy all over the fuckers.
Also, it will never cease to amaze me how they choose more mundane and beaten adventure pathes over actually novel shit like adventures in numeria.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
This is somewhat of a unique gem, hence codexers experiencing cultural shock: an rpg with good gameplay, but bad writing.
can't just hump it like Disco or some broken eurojank because you can collect cigarettes in it. need to change the codexian wave u r on.

I guess we can let ToEE slide since it had good gameplay and no writing, rather than bad writing.

Mortmal

Arcane
So the game starts with my char being healed. But being dhampir means they only were supposed to damage me even more yet the game doesn't reflect that like it's all good. 10/10
4F88DDC4749DF35029786A5FD299D327999D3069
And yeah, cringy writing was expected Idk what you guys are reacting at.
Wirting is mostly ok , but the evil choices are unsatisfying, its not calculating evil its most often chaotic stupid. Like kill the npc instead of getting info from him .Why would i kill that guy ? i have nothing to gain from it, in a real rpg you would only get trouble for this ..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom