Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Every quest with this buck has this sodomite dialogue line. It's always near the top of the list.
0ryV9Ga.jpg

What is it with people who complain about the ghey always opening up these dialogue options I've never seen?

Desiderius

Patron
Run into a odd bug that prevent you from pressing esc to call out the menu. Restart the game solves it but still can't figure out how it was triggered.

The siege at the end of chapter 2 is cool and all, but it took way too long to finish. What's the point of having an army if I have to do everything from clearing the guards to open the door.

Also the auto save is really bad, I get my ass kicked by the cultist summoning a big ass demon in the basement, and now I'm back to two hours ago.

The point of the army is to follow you around and help you kill shit. You know like the dudes in the game do. Even if you really suck and get them all killed there more in each section to top you off.

Autosave triggers on area change. Maybe learn how to hit f5 like the rest of us.

Desiderius

Patron
I like how they gave the companions proper stats that a normal person would pick and the Owlcat fabois went "REEEEE OMG SO OP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

OTOH, party selection remains odd. They give you a zen archer but also a fighter specced for archery; that's not redundant or anything.
Well most companions are pretty shit when it comes down to skills,like hellknight with shitty str. Also everyone is dual wielding or being an archer,pretty shit.

Regill is built to not need Str, so he is fine.
It has become a meme to fetishize Dex builds and undervalue Str in Current Year, though (D&D 5e does this inherently, for example), which is gay and retarded.

Well, if you want to be Cornugan Smashing then you need PA so you can can keep him with some decent Strength and that saves you worrying about DEX-to-damage. He gets Holy from the weapon and you can give him Leading Strike as well.

It's not redundant. Lann is Shortbow because his dice grow like fists. Wend is Longbow or Axes. Aru is Longbow or xBow. Lann and Wend are either/or for the first two chapters and Aru doesn't show up until Drezen or later, so you in fact get a grand total of one archer for much of the game.

Most companions are pretty great when it comes to skills. Strength isn't a skill, but he's still got 14 which is enough to carry his Armor and go DEX to hit and STR to damage if you want.

There's a lot of dual-wielding because it's pretty good with the game mechanics and looks like people need the help sucking less. But I've got one dual wielder and one archer in my current line-up and am doing fine.

If all you phaggots can complain about are things that just reveal how much you suck then game must be pretty damn good indeed.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
More randum thoughts:

-They un-broke charge by preventing you from moving through occupied squares, which is good, but they also nerfed it by preventing reach weapons from working with it, at least while mounted, which is gay. Also, do lances exist or not?
-Is hunter seriously just a ranger without spells? What possible reason is there for a full class like that when kits exist? The SRD says its a mix of Ranger and Druid, motherfucker--rangers already are hybrid druids.
-Shaman is some kind of alt-druid thing with a spirit animal. Neat. Except the companion chose the kit that doesn't get a spirit animal. Lame.

The Elemental in the Shield Maze prompts a tutorial message that "you don't have to try every fight, some side encounters will push your shit in" message, so it's not like the game fails to warn you about such encounters.

Couple things:

-This fight is an example of how Owlcat fundamentally fails to understand the system they're running. A CR 8 fight isn't supposed to be winnable by *any* level 2 party of *any* composition. I was able to win through pure luck--it rolled poorly to hit and I scored some critical charges. But in any normal game that's a TPK. It's like "rocks fall everyone dies" but the DM actually goes to the trouble of rolling the rock damage, and somehow rolls 20d6 with all 1s.

-What is the actual point? The game has some blatant unfair fights. So you should... just... not... fight... stuff... ? Okay? But why? It's not even like the elemental is guarding anything good or gatekeeping a tougher area of the dungeon. it's just a random out of depth monster because fuck you that's why.

The DM has the power to obliterate the party at any time but no one is impressed when this happens for no reason.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
The Elemental in the Shield Maze prompts a tutorial message that "you don't have to try every fight, some side encounters will push your shit in" message, so it's not like the game fails to warn you about such encounters.

Couple things:

-This fight is an example of how Owlcat fundamentally fails to understand the system they're running. A CR 8 fight isn't supposed to be winnable by *any* level 2 party of *any* composition. I was able to win through pure luck--it rolled poorly to hit and I scored some critical charges. But in any normal game that's a TPK. It's like "rocks fall everyone dies" but the DM actually goes to the trouble of rolling the rock damage, and somehow rolls 20d6 with all 1s.

-What is the actual point? The game has some blatant unfair fights. So you should... just... not... fight... stuff... ? Okay? But why? It's not even like the elemental is guarding anything good or gatekeeping a tougher area of the dungeon. it's just a random out of depth monster because fuck you that's why.

The DM has the power to obliterate the party at any time but no one is impressed when this happens for no reason.

Nigger as one of the .5% of people to win that fight on Core or higher, I can tell you all you need to do is use every resource available. Every scroll, every potion, every ability. Pretty sure that battle was designed to stick it to item horders.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
And jesus the anime girl is the furry? Its like in Torment when they made the butt pirate an actual pirate.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
It only took me a couple of tries to win this. It's not that hard. (Core.)

Not sure if you're complaining whether it's too easy or not though. You say this shouldn't be winnable and then immediately treat it as if it's unfair.
Challenge. I enjoyed most of the combat encounters so far. In fact, I almost forgot how bad the writing was while doing so. (Though I feel like there are way too many trash mobs and that made me put it down after the market. May start again.)

Nigger as one of the .5% of people to win that fight on Core or higher, I can tell you all you need to do is use every resource available. Every scroll, every potion, every ability. Pretty sure that battle was designed to stick it to item horders.
Even that's an exaggeration. I used potions and abilities, but it wasn't that much of a stretch.

Defending the tavern was a lot harder.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Are people here still butthurt that people prefer Foxes over dirty Rats?
aaf.png
No.

People are butthurt that kitsune are not accurately portrayed per the lore:

ysyAJ3f.png

OwlCat MUST include a kitsune samurai companion which will use Japanese honorifics and keep saying thins like kaway, sugoi and etc. Only to make the people butthurt about kitsune even more butthurt. And if the PC is a male human fighter, lawful good, it should refer to the PC as Generi-kun!! Might wizards should be refered as "PC name-sama".

That is way more interesting than a rat.

But we all know that the master race is the Dhampir of sacred ancestry. Noble ancestry from the vampire king, with the longevity of vampires without the weaknesses and can be healed with negative energy, access to a unique blood wizard class Cruoromancer, which uses his own blood as a catalyst to make his necromantic spells stronger. That is very cool concept IMO. They get +2 to INT/STR and -2 to DEX, we all know that DEX is gay.

BwffcCQ.png

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
OwlCat MUST include a kitsune samurai companion which will use Japanese honorifics and keep saying thins like kaway, sugoi and etc. Only to make the people butthurt about kitsune even more butthurt. And if the PC is a male human fighter, lawful good, it should refer to the PC as Generi-kun!! Might wizards should be refered as "PC name-sama".
I doubt it would make them butthurt at all once they mod in anime girls to replace them. Seems pretty doable. Just humans or elves with foxgirl hair as the models.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
How is it [Lawful]...
to rage out and try to kill the inquisitor because you're mad about what he said about what he did Ember and her family in the past?
The dialog in this game universally needs work.

Perkel

Arcane

ALL pcrpgs are designed around save scumming. Moreover players legitimately think save scumming is proper gameplay. Meaning if you don't include unrealistic challenge they can save scum players will treat game as too easy and so bad game.

That fight is winnable if you have some huge two hander damage dealer. I know because i did it on core rules.

Owlcat idea about skipping fights would be great IF they would design game around that. Meaning that loot shouldn't be tied to "hard area". That works in case of that water elemental but everywhere else it is the same as in other games. Here is hard fight, do it and you will get some loot.

I wish there was crpg that did in fact by default would be hardcore only. No save scumming.

Sunri

Liturgist
After getting to act 3 i feel like magic is shitty in this game all demons have crazy resistance to everything :shittydog:
LCODq5I.png

Game got much easier after i swapped all magical hobos for physical characters now i want to kick camelia for waifu Arueshalae :bounce:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
If all you phaggots can complain about are things that just reveal how much you suck then game must be pretty damn good indeed.

It's nice to know you found the one thing in life that makes you feel better than everybody else. I do wish Owlcat had produced a proper manual instead of a live version of clippit that haunts this forum.

EVDt9Ab.png

Denim Destroyer

Learned
I only just got him but Regill is a breath of fresh air compared to the other party members up until that point, sans Ember she is too precious. He reminds me of Keldorn in how both of those characters classes define their personality, something that should be intrinsic for characters in these types of RPGs but is sadly neglected by developers.

Crazed Weevil

Prophet
Fucked around with Grenadier+Trickster some more. Bomb AoE damage doesn't seem to be able to crit, only direct damage can. Ah well. Also, even if I have the Improved Improved Improved Critical, which increases the multiplier by 1, bombs still use the x2 multiplier. So it's bugged.

Right now Lich is superior to Trickster for Grenadier, because one of its feats applies Negative Energy damage bonus to bomb AoE damage. Trickster does have Microscopic Proportions, which for some reason stacks with Reduced Person, when applying extra DEX for a total of +8 DEX.

Now try the Bomb-throwing Rogue, since the game treats actual bombs as Weapons and he gets Sneaks on them.
Am I reading the class right and you only need one copy of a bomb (like a vial of holy water) and you can reuse it over & over?

panda

Savant
So, what is the deal with the closed door in Camelia's house? Are you supposed to get back there later?
I bought tp scrolls to check what's inside and for chapter 1 there is insanely strong amulet behind hidden door.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom