Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ultima The Ultima Series Discussion Thread

What is your favorite Ultima game?

• Total voters

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Having never played the AppleII original Ultima I abd only the later remaster after 5 I guess (some say re-release but no according to this video)

So like Questron you run into packs of enemies right there and not walking in the distance.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
I tried to organize all my gold in Ultima 6 by putting it into a chest. Now the pile is so massively heavy that I can't pick it up no matter what, and the Avatar is too much of a retard to split it while he's not holding it. Pretty sure I saw this shit in an Aesop's Fable somewhere

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Never any mention of
ULTIMA II PINBALL!
ultima_ii_pinball.gif

ULTIMA III PINBALL
ultima_iii_pinball.gif

Where are the LPs of these?
WHERE?!?!!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Yeah, definitely following this guy. He was or is creating an Ultima: Exodus creator for NES. Check the first vid in the series:

Imagine a nes ultima 4 or 5 creator for nes. There are some good patches for the NES ultima: Exodus. So this is pretty damn good. Last party based ultima 1 I saw also used a ultima 3 engine on the Palm OS (check out Pix's vids). The trilogy there is only demos so if someone has the full unlocked palm trilogy of ultima it'd be damn cool. I keep thinking it could be hacked to unlock them though.

Last edited:

ManaJunkie

Arbiter
Hi. i need help. I'm looking for a map of britannia in high quality and b&w. Without labeling/legend, suited for printing out in format A3. State U4-U5.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
This is a home video of the Origin staff getting together after they got laid off by EA. They were working on Ultima Online 2, so it's kind of Ultima related.

Starts slow but gets pretty funny around 18 minutes in.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
One thing I did like about the Nes/snes/master system is some small graphical coast lines. Little additions were nice as well but flicker with multiple enemies in a line irks me and land movement isn't fluid. Didn't like the conga-line move and combat is slow. Music bothers me.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
You know, it probably says something about me that I can identify the Ultima game just from a map of Britannia...
Eh, most people who've played them could probably do that - Yew is surrounded by forest, the area around the Shrine of Sacrifice isn't a desert, and there aren't any roads.

Cael

Arcane
You know, it probably says something about me that I can identify the Ultima game just from a map of Britannia...
Eh, most people who've played them could probably do that - Yew is surrounded by forest, the area around the Shrine of Sacrifice isn't a desert, and there aren't any roads.
I was looking at the Isle of the Avatar. The Stygian Abyss is still there and accessed from the north. By U5, that area is only accessible from the south and is the Shrine of the Codex.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Never any mention of
ULTIMA II PINBALL!
ultima_ii_pinball.gif

ULTIMA III PINBALL
ultima_iii_pinball.gif

Where are the LPs of these?
WHERE?!?!!
Next to the LPs for Escape from Mt Drash?
37bd78ee3e958b807745b5f65dda415c.jpg
Actually, I thought there were a few already out there. I played the "remaster" for PC but I'm sure i have the vic-20 rom around somewhere.

Ooooohhhh those evil Garrintrots! While you're in the dungeon they're probably having a lavish party (watching you and betting how you'll die).
The Digital Lycaeum
HC Gaming 101
Dino's Complete Guide to Escape From Mt. Drash
Nerdly Pleasures
Pix's Mt. Drash Play Pleasures
CRPG Addict's Adventure

There is a RL on the net somewhere.
MOCAGH Manuals
Myabandonware Vic-20 version
Mt Drash for PC & More (Escape today)

CgY99Dj.jpg

Slashie blog

S1Mmzfk.jpg

drashrl.png

Drash Roguelike
2006 to 2007

publicfinishedturn-basedroguelikejavapixel-artterminal

Survive in the arena gaining new skills on each level. Plan your character development wisely, or die.

Info Page
Download
Source Code

Last edited:

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
From the Savage Empire manual:
As you will recall, Kent's thesis was that we were entering an era of new tribes and "savage" races - in the form of the street gangs of large American metropolises.
:lol:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

Pretty good video. Would LOAD "*",8,1 again.

(I get the feeling this user has at least a toe or a finger on the Codex.)

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I wasn't aware of the black ultima 2. I know of gold u3&u4 and the later remaster he showed. I didn't recall the u5.

I just typed ULT in the search

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Well, if you are wondering about the damn movement keys for the c64 Ultima 6 through the CCS64 emulator (or maybe any emulator here are the damn keys:
- is North West
= is North
Insert is North East

[ is West
Delete is East

; is South West
' is South
/ is South East

enter selects an option.

Most of the other keys are listed in the command card or even a few texts in some zips.
The Other Commands

Yeah, map those bastards using a game pad (I use Joy to Key) and then I just use the gamepad to move around. Damn modern keyboards compared to the breadbox c64.

I put the quick load in ON but quiet mode so I don't see the damn accessing display all the time. It is still slow even sped up but manageable. Sound? What sound? I never hear anything. That can't be right.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom