Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
The reactivity in this game is nice. Not only are you getting stuff like people noticing your race/class, but gods help you with pointers or blessings and there's some really cool stuff like if you're a bard then you can have a sing-off with the girl in the Daeran mansion and get a unique ring out of it while paladin gets a slightly better radiance when you find it in the first dungeon. Seeing stuff like that, when reactivity is used rather sparingly but actually means/does something most of the time, is quite refreshing after low iq and time/resource consuming approach of obsidian games.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Lann seems like a decent guy and well written. Certainly better than the usual Bioware "Straight Man" archetypes.

And that is the best thing about Lann. He is nice, reasonable and caring enough to perfectly fit the role of forever-friendzoned good man that heroine always feels guilty about. He also got a ridiculous amount of banters, interjections and cross-interjection with Daeran, so competing over the girl adds whole new dimension to their already-great character dynamics.

Add Ember, Wojif and Regill into the mix and the whole thing hits the heights that even BG2 could not dream about in its better moments (like Viconia-Aerie-Jaheira three-sided brawl for a man).
Oh, and pet dragon. Never forget about the pet dragon. I think she got more content than some companions.

ch 3 spoilers
RTkzj1U.jpg

So... I am not embarrassed to admit that I like this kind of thing. I like it almost as much as designing perfect dog-riding builds with fauchards.

Thonius

Arcane
Daeran is a bro, so far does not look like NE at all btw. And you can make him into melee quite EZ, lots of finesse-based weapons. I added water mystery to him for Ice armor (ez 12 points of nat armor right there), ascension element cold, light mace with cold dmg, and shield. Boom dex melee healer ready. Someone in trouble? Just cast heal that due to feats can be used over distance. Also, dialogs can be amusing.

volklore

Arcane
Is there an efficient way of dealing with his curse, apart from taking seelah and using LoH with mercy staggered on first round ?

Yosharian

Arcane
:oops::oops::oops:

20211024180329-1.jpg

She has cute moments.

In my playthrough, that disgusting little sl*t is no longer of this world unfortunately during Act 4 :(

Won't spoiler but her romance is not that bad, imho it was the best one between hers and the succubus, untill at least Act V.
It has an actual reward that is useful also (but I don't know if you can get if you don't romance her). I wonder if you romance Lann you can get the same reward Daidre
I heard that Wenduag can give you some kind of negative level on-hit which has a DC attached to your character level, but you can only get it if you romance her? Is that the reward you are talking about?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
:oops::oops::oops:

20211024180329-1.jpg

She has cute moments.

In my playthrough, that disgusting little sl*t is no longer of this world unfortunately during Act 4 :(

Won't spoiler but her romance is not that bad, imho it was the best one between hers and the succubus, untill at least Act V.
It has an actual reward that is useful also (but I don't know if you can get if you don't romance her). I wonder if you romance Lann you can get the same reward Daidre
I heard that Wenduag can give you some kind of negative level on-hit which has a DC attached to your character level, but you can only get it if you romance her? Is that the reward you are talking about?

Yes, also gives you immunity to electricity damage, negative levels (like perma death ward) and poison.
I was romancing her and got it but no idea if you could get it anyway.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
My best expert on high tech:
Is Aivu, of all people
PiGlZFn.jpg

At least she gives me skill check XP, like other pets. She also got pretty decent Perception and Lore: Arcana for even more xp hoarding.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
On Saturday I have finally finished Act 2. I must say that I've felt a little exhausted by that.
This is a very combat heavy game - even for me (primarily a buildfag with a little combatfag).
The marathon of 3 main areas in short succession: Leper's Smile, Lost Chapel and Drezen (the last one somewhat understandably, as its a siege) - each of them with extreme combat density, was honestly a bit much, I've felt.

There were some places in Kingmaker that felt like that too - like the Zombie Cyclops ruins in Varnhold Chapter, but overall the pacing and density felt much better.

Does the pace of the game change sometimes, or is it like that all the way?

Stoned Ape

Savant
On Saturday I have finally finished Act 2. I must say that I've felt a little exhausted by that.
This is a very combat heavy game - even for me (primarily a buildfag with a little combatfag).
The marathon of 3 main areas in short succession: Leper's Smile, Lost Chapel and Drezen (the last one somewhat understandably, as its a siege) - each of them with extreme combat density, was honestly a bit much, I've felt.

There were some places in Kingmaker that felt like that too - like the Zombie Cyclops ruins in Varnhold Chapter, but overall the pacing and density felt much better.

It eases off a bit after that, and also kind of depends which order you approach chapter 3 in as you have a bit more freedom there.

Ending of Chapter 3 is very combat dense, though.

Chapter 4 has lots of possible combat, but more other stuff mixed in (up until the chapter finale again which is combat dense)

Chapter 5 has some combat areas and a couple of puzzle areas (one of which is huge and very boring).

Chapter 6 is almost entirely one long string of fights.

Sunri

Liturgist
Just killed Queen Galfrey and Irabeth when I had both Seelah and Sosiel in party and nothing feels surreal that paladin helps demon lord kill chosen of her goddess and nothing happens a can give Sosiel a pass after all he is already corrupted but Seelah feels like she outside the story kinda immersion breaking.

Almost like its a bad game, no?

I mean i clocked 350h and i still want to play for another 300h i didnt have this much fun in video game in a long time in my opinion this is one of the best games that came out in recent years and it inst even finished so im looking forward new patches and dlcs if you think wotr is bad then i have no idea what your standard for a good game is :M

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane

What makes it tiresome is the "less than stellar" encounter design. Lost chapel, for example, is a p cool area (most areas are) but the endless mob of gargoyles/ghouls in the same boring configurations is really draining. That ghoul pool in Drezen was the moment I was genuinely close to rage-deleting the game and when they teleport demons with level draining aura in the middle of your team right after you are done with the endless spam was "oh, fuck you!" and I benched it for a couple of days.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Just killed Queen Galfrey and Irabeth when I had both Seelah and Sosiel in party and nothing feels surreal that paladin helps demon lord kill chosen of her goddess and nothing happens a can give Sosiel a pass after all he is already corrupted but Seelah feels like she outside the story kinda immersion breaking.

I mean i clocked 350h and i still want to play for another 300h i didnt have this much fun in video game in a long time in my opinion this is one of the best games that came out in recent years and it inst even finished so im looking forward new patches and dlcs if you think wotr is bad then i have no idea what your standard for a good game is :M
I dunno, I played up until the near end of CH3 (Midnight Fane) and clocked in around 120hrs with no desire to continue mostly because of the bad writing and samey combat. There’s a lot of content (which can be varied depending on choices) but it doesn’t override the other flaws for me.

Sunri

Liturgist

I dunno, I played up until the near end of CH3 (Midnight Fane) and clocked in around 120hrs with no desire to continue mostly because of the bad writing and samey combat. There’s a lot of content (which can be varied depending on choices) but it doesn’t override the other flaws for me.

I don't think the writing is that bad i think it's on BG level nothing special I guess it depends on what path you took and if we talk about combat there are some good challenging fights in this game at least I had fun trying to solve them I mean it's better than most of the new crpgs like pillars and solasta

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

I don't think the writing is that bad i think it's on BG level nothing special I guess it depends on what path you took and if we talk about combat there are some good challenging fights in this game at least I had fun trying to solve them I mean it's better than most of the new crpgs like pillars and solasta
I went to playing BG2 instead and I think the writing is better even if it’s not great, maybe I’m just not a fan of owlcat writing in particular. Haven’t played any of the new CRPGS.

cw8

Cipher

Act 3 opens up the world and will feel much slower. Act 4 pickups pace again. Act 5 isn't as long as Act 3. Act 6, I heard, is just a dungeon.

Sunri

Liturgist

I went to playing BG2 instead and I think the writing is better even if it’s not great, maybe I’m just not a fan of owlcat writing in particular. Haven’t played any of the new CRPGS.
Its quite hard to defend new game when you compare it to beloved classic i think both bgs had better antagonist but overall were less epic so in the end both games are great the problem with bg is that i played it so many times that i know everything about this game so there is nothing to explore nothing new to do there is limit to how many times you can replay old games at least for me :shittydog:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Knowledgeable people, please, explain this math to me:
f5a0ddaee3.jpg
So a x3 crit results in a number which is not a multiple of 3. How does this happen? Does it mean that for every crit there are 3 (or whatever) independent dice rolls that are added together? Is it how crits are counted in table top? And if so, why is that? Why use several different rolls instead of one roll multiplied by the crit multiplier?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom