Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
So the spell your most hyped about is the tranny spell... shocking.
You're thinking of Alter Self. Nice try though.

edit:
For reference, disguise self will make you look different, but it's just an illusion. So you could look like a woman or an elf or whatever, but your voice and body would really be the same.

Alter Self would actually transform you using transmutation magic.

Wiki even has a pick of a tranny:
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Alter_self
ANC8w3B.png

Btw, Alter Self is a level 2 spell. If they add it in, will Wrath of the Tranny fans suddenly embrace BG3? :M

Last edited:

Ulfhednar

Savant
So the spell your most hyped about is the tranny spell... shocking.
You're thinking of Alter Self. Nice try though.

edit:
For reference, disguise self will make you look different, but it's just an illusion. So you could look like a woman or an elf or whatever, but your voice and body would really be the same.

Alter Self would actually transform you using transmutation magic.

Wiki even has a pick of a tranny:
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Alter_self
ANC8w3B.png

:M
Well I guess that makes you the resident expert on tranny magic.

jackofshadows

Magister
I'll play this game when they let me start with a full party of custom characters.
They will. Either via workaround or there will be legit option or at least a mod for that. I'm not sure why anyone would want that though. Min-maxing? The game is easy as fuck. Removal of quirky "origin" characters? There will be a world full of quirky NPCs anyway.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It speaks volumes that you guys argue so much about 'trannies' for no fucking reason
As far as I can recall this sensitive snowflake is ignoring me but tell him please it’s because his favorite game is about trannies, written by abomination and produced by cash hungry frauds and somehow this fact makes his fellow retards spend hell lot of efforts here brofisting each other.

Sunri

Liturgist
They added some more dialogue and cutscenes to tsundere Shadowharto funny how she says that we shouldn't help anyone but her relation points go up every time you help someone
um7iEjt.png

Cute american couple
tm9cVTo.png

I must agree that they made some changes to combat system as well now every retarded goblin runs towards nearest barrel or other shit and throws it at you there is almost no melee combat, it seems Sven can't be stopped anyway i deleted this game so i won't post here anymore I think combat and trading are the weakest points right now but I doubt we see significant changes to it maybe I come back when its releases 10 years later

CodexTotalWar

Learned
Yeah, the combat can be cheesy and Larian-esque, especially with the enemies early on in the EA. Though I've never seen them use barrels (mostly they like to throw bombs and shit)

I suspect the AI uses some sort of "utility function" for decision making, so for low level enemies like Goblins with dog shit accuracy and damage, they tend to default to using any AOE consumables they can or even shoving because that guarantees a higher damage return than making an attack.

You don't see as much of the same issue once you're fighting more legit enemies in the Underdark, or the Gith Patrol, because they can reliably unload on you for 30-40 damage a round.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I'm not talking about the # of spells known (which you're correct, that's the Sorcerer's MO). I'm talking about the actual full spell list they can choose from as a class. In 3.0/3.5E and all the games we've had (BG2, NWN 1/2), the Sorcerer/Wizard spell list is basically one and the same.

However, in 5E, they've separated and shrunk the Sorcerer's spell list compared to the Wizard's. In the Player's handbook (what BG3 will have), there are 129 Spells in the Sorcerer Spell List, vs. 230 Spells in the Wizard's.

The gap has only grown with more supplements (it's something like 214 vs. 359 up to Tasha's Cauldron of Everything).

Sorcerers in 5E do not get access to:
- 95% of Summoning Spells (They literally got their first 1 in a book published October THIS year)
- 80% of Wall spells (especially the best ones, i.e. Wall of Force / Force Cage)
- Anything that allows for pre-planning - i.e. Contingency, Glyph of Warding, Symbol
- Anything that is slightly "ritualistic" - i.e. Planar Binding, Magic Circle, Scrying
- Any spells in pursuit of immortality - i.e. Clone, Magic Jar, etc.
- Most travel utility spells - i.e. Tiny Hut, Magnificent Mansion
- Tons of iconic high-level spells - i.e. Shapechange, True Polymorph, Weird, Prismatic Wall, Imprisonment, Maze

Etc etc.

I'm fine with Sorcerers knowing less spells (cause that's their schtick). But the issue is they're actually quite pigeonholed in terms of what they can do with magic.

It's not TOO bad in BG3 yet, but once more spells/levels are implemented, especially if they continue to keep providing creative options, we'll likely see the gap.
The debate about spell-lists is obscuring the more pertinent fact about sorcerers, namely that they shouldn't exist. +M
Normally I would disagree with this but since Wizards are spontaneous casters now they do seem completely pointless.

FriendlyMerchant

I'll play this game when they let me start with a full party of custom characters.
They will. Either via workaround or there will be legit option or at least a mod for that. I'm not sure why anyone would want that though. Min-maxing? The game is easy as fuck. Removal of quirky "origin" characters? There will be a world full of quirky NPCs anyway.

I don't like how I get sexually harassed by all their characters regularly. For most of the quirky npcs, i could just skip their cutscenes and not read their dialogue.

Delterius

Arcane
please stop talking about the gayness we all totally agree you do not take part in
No matter how many times someone posts the meme, you can't help but embody it, can you?

Besides, I never posted anything about gays. Only spiders. Have a problem with that, arachnophobe?

:wow you seem obsessed with trannies. is there a reason for that?

:as a matter of fact i am not obsessed with trannies. my fear of trannies is akin to a simple mental illness, like arachnophobia. par for the course really.

i dunno what you're trying to prove

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I think combat and trading are the weakest points right now

You din't even saw the worst of low lethality slow animation combat. I wasted more than a hour in a single encounter vs goblins. and it ended with no casualty in my party. I was relative positive about BG3 until this part. So far, I would say that the low lethality slow animation combat AND the lackluster character creation are the biggest problems of the game at moment. When the game launches, if the second point will be fixed will depend mostly on Larian. Larian honestly could pick more interesting options than PHB.

In KoTC2 you can build so many crazy characters. Like a Drake death knight. a half salamander psionicist, half giant gladiator and so on.

s because his favorite game

Yep. Everyone here who is not worshiping Swen has WoTR as their favorite game... Now seriously. Pink Eye who was a diehard OwlCat fan din't liked WoTR and is chilling for KoTC2 now.

Thonius

Arcane
Can you focus on the game and not on gay shit in it? It's 2021 so SADLY we won't get a game without modern agenda from any major dev. Even hecking indies going poz damn it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom