Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Starwars

Arcane
I have plenty of problems with this game but there are so many things that are just so refreshing about it as well when you play it.

Like no filler mobs. How nice is it to just walk around the beautiful countryside and not be accosted by trash mobs every 5 seconds? It's very, very nice. And makes the fighting all the more tense when it happens (at least early on).

EDIT: Especially after hearing the "LEHLEHLEHLEHLEH" combat track start up for the millionth time as soon as a wolf spots you in the Witcher 3.

Modron

Arcane
They are making the The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon free for Valentines if you somehow don't have it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/...he_Amorous_Adventures_of_Bold_Sir_Hans_Capon/

https://steamcommunity.com/games/379430/announcements/detail/5309182906321673924

Free DLC this weekend only!
Kingdom Come: Deliverance equips Cupids Bow and Arrow

Warhorse Studios is happy to reveal the Valentine's Weekend Sale from Feb 10th to 14th.

To celebrate the International Day of Love - as well as Kingdom Come: Deliverance’s 4th birthday - Warhorse Studios is equipping their cupid arrows to share some love in form of a DLC giveaway! All owners of Kingdom Come: Deliverance - as well as the new customers - are able to download and keep “The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon” DLC now!

Get the “The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon” for free this weekend and share some love!

BruceVC

Magister
Inquisitor is one of my favorite RPG, its not the mechanics that was brilliant ( spamming healing potions is tiresome )but the narrative, the questing and exploration of the world is great...not much hand holding and obvious dots on maps revealing your targets so you really had to search for NPC and other objectives

And I enjoyed seeing heretics burning at the stake :salute:
Its a pity their wont be a Inquisitor 2

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Inquisitor is one of my favorite RPG, its not the mechanics that was brilliant ( spamming healing potions is tiresome )but the narrative, the questing and exploration of the world is great...not much hand holding and obvious dots on maps revealing your targets so you really had to search for NPC and other objectives

Why there're won't be? The game did not sell?

BruceVC

Magister

Why there're won't be? The game did not sell?
Yes but I am still disappointed their wont be a sequel

SlamDunk

Arcane
"Sir Tobi" = Tobias Stolz-Zwilling (International PR Manager at Warhorse Studios and KochMedia)

https://twitter.com/T0_8I/status/1493221568151007234

Also retweeted by Warhorse (probably done by Sir Tobi).

VZFkbJW.png

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I replayed KCD a bit, this time with the DLC.
I've forgot how nice the sound track and aesthetics are. It's a really nice looking game and they put a lot of care into making it historically faithful.
They really dropped the ball with Mutt though, worse part of the Woman's Lot DLC. They took what was wrong with Bethesda's companions and made it worse. He constantly gets in your way, is absolutely useless in combat unless you level up houndmaster enough because apparently dogs are too stupid to protect their owners unless their EXP bar gets bigger, and on top of that gets in the way of your sword swings which causes his obedience to drop.

I also forgot just how shit the Nest of Vipers quest is. How the hell are you supposed to sabotage the camp when everyone magically knows when you've poisoned a pot of food when it's pitch black and no one's looking? Why the fuck does a Cuman follow me half-way across the world just to ask me a question, and then the event fires again if he gets too close? They took the worse mechanic of the game, stealth, and made it mandatory.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I think the fondest memory of this game is getting lost in realistic mode.
Without map to show the way, I have to remember the landmarks.
Sometimes I wanted to give up and just ended up drinking Henry till he KOs and return safely to his bed with the perk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom