Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pentiment - Josh Sawyer's historical mystery narrative-driven game set in 16th century Bavaria

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
this game will live or die by its aesthetics choices

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I don't think Sawyer will go out of his way to introduce something ahistorical. He may exaggerate the presence of minorities to make the game more interesting to the American audience, but nothing crazy.

I wonder if he will do something more on the crazy side like Eco did in Baudolino. Doesn't seem very Sawyerian though.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The Microsoft money really allows for a relaxed development style.
dtqMJEUY_400x400.jpg

Does this face say "relaxed" or "money" to you? Poor Josh probably hasn't eaten and showered in ten months.

Faarbaute

Arbiter
Is it known for a fact that it's going to be set in the 16th century Europe and not just a fantasy "16th century Europe"?

Tigranes

Arcane
One thing's for sure, the Codex thread for this game will be a dumpster fire 9000 pages long before it's all over

"ARE THERE WOMEN IN THE GAME? ARE THERE? I HAVE TO KNOW! I HAVE TO! GRARGH"
"HERE IS SAWYER'S NEW FACIAL HAIR WHAT THE FUCK THE GAME IS RUINED"
"Hi here is my 8000 word post on the historicity of purple pubes in 16th century bohemian wenches"

Somewhere inbetween will be about four posts on gameplay

plem

Learned
Sawyer is not going to add a bunch of minorities to geographical places they don’t belong. You can dislike the man, but he is slavishly devoted to cultural and historical accuracy.
What! Here anon I do give you Sawyer Italia anon! I do!
YpYWubA.jpg

FFGYhTa.png

you know the vailian republics isn't a real place, right? historical accuracy doesn't apply even if it's inspired by some real culture

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Codex Year of the Donut
Sawyer is not going to add a bunch of minorities to geographical places they don’t belong. You can dislike the man, but he is slavishly devoted to cultural and historical accuracy.
What! Here anon I do give you Sawyer Italia anon! I do!
YpYWubA.jpg

FFGYhTa.png

you know the vailian republics isn't a real place, right? historical accuracy doesn't apply even if it's inspired by some real culture
Good point. Why didn't they just model them after a successful historic nation full of sub-saharan Africans like Wakanda

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Josh would write more interesting stuff if he read some high-concept sci-fi and took that kind of approach to things. Instead of these damn historical remixes like the Pillars games.

He would write more interesting stuff if he read real historical sources instead of reading modern history books (the style of which is SO obviously pervasive in Pillars).

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Good point. Why didn't they just model them after a successful historic nation full of sub-saharan Africans like Wakanda
Wait a moment, rusty.

Are you saying that... Italy is a successful historic nation? Not only that, but we are also white?!

Hey you guys! Grab your mandolins and prepare your pizzas, rusty rehabilitated our entire country!

Codex Year of the Donut
Wait a moment, rusty.

Are you saying that... Italy is a successful historic nation? Not only that, but we are also white?!

Hey you guys! Grab your mandolins and prepare your pizzas, rusty rehabilitated our entire country!
When have I ever denigrated Venice?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
How many Game Developers at big or small studios proudly say and put in their Twitter bios that they're right wing? Josh Proud Left Wing Sawyer is nothing more but depressed, middle-aged rich primadonna desperately trying to stay "cool with the kidz". Expecting nothing is expecting too much from him

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Josh ages like tranny milk. Looks like Santa Clause who landcrashed at Nigeria and got raped by the locals. One of many negative side-effects of being in woke cult

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom