Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

why the hate on BG3

Codex Year of the Donut
Probably because it's Divinity: Original Sin 3 wearing Baldur's Gate's skin.
Sort of amazing how closely they've adapted the ruleset and you guys still claim this bullshit.
Ok fair point about ruleset but 4 party members? Come on.
might want to go look at the suggested party size for 5e modules

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
Sort of amazing how closely they've adapted the ruleset and you guys still claim this bullshit.
Yeah but people expected a BG successor not just an implementation of 5e.

Codex Year of the Donut
people who care about BG are in nursing homes

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Reasons BG3 is good:
  • If it succeeds, it will forever overshadow the Bioware BG games
  • If it fails, it will tarnish the Bioware BG games by association

I prefer to think of BG3 as a win/win situation. :greatjob:

people who care about BG are in nursing homes
They can play crpgs in nursing homes.

Last edited:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Because Larian, the studio that made exactly one good game in twenty years, is going to brutally sodomize a beloved series with their retadred combat system, vomit-inducing graphics and quirky writing.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have not followed this BG3 thing at all. Still, I know I'm right. Change my mind.

Exactly the same thoughts here. Has anyone changed your mind yet?.

nobre

Cipher
Because Larian, the studio that made exactly one good game in twenty years, is going to brutally sodomize a beloved series with their retadred combat system, vomit-inducing graphics and quirky writing.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have not followed this BG3 thing at all. Still, I know I'm right. Change my mind.

Exactly the same thoughts here. Has anyone changed your mind yet?.

No one has changed my mind on this, because I have zero interest in BG3. I don't even know if BG3 is released, canceled, or still in development, despite visiting this site almost daily.

Of course this means I could be missing out on a great game, but I'll take my chances.

Codex Year of the Donut
Whoaaa you guys are so cool how can I be cool like that?
"Pfft I don't care about the game, I'm going to make sure everyone knows how cool I am so I get ratings to boost my dopamine"

Ravielsk

Magister
I did not play it nor do I care about it but according to everything I heard its the video game equivalent of a sweaty DM flexing on the rest of the party.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Reasons BG3 is good:

Why the hate towards BG1/2? BG1/2 has a extremely superior ruleset, better story, better companions and better everything except graphics.

Codex Year of the Donut
bg2 is a very serious game for serious gamers
like when you have your pregnant wife with the personality of a child fighting in combat while the insane, retard-level IQ ranger is yelling at his hamster and the gnome illusionist is telling you another story about turnips

FriendlyMerchant

like when you have your pregnant wife with the personality of a child fighting in combat while the insane, retard-level IQ ranger is yelling at his hamster and the gnome illusionist is telling you another story about turnips

FACT: BG2's characters are more appropriate for the Forgotten realms setting than BG3's characters.

Codex Year of the Donut

FACT: BG2's characters are more appropriate for the Forgotten realms setting than BG3's characters.
GO FOR THE EYES BOO XD

FriendlyMerchant

GO FOR THE EYES BOO XD
Minsc in BG2 is more memorable than all the characters in BG3 combined.

Codex Year of the Donut

GO FOR THE EYES BOO XD
Now where was I? Oh, that's right. Gabber. His tongue was nothing but a long, skinny piece of flesh by the time the disease was done with it. But Gabber was determined to learn to talk. He did tongue exercises and tongue stretches everyday, and his tongue kept getting longer and more nimble the more he worked with it. They say he was able to pick locks with his unusual appendage, though I never had the privilege of witnessing that feat myself. By the time he was a young man, he could flick that thing out a full two feet in front of his face and make the tip twirl like a Calim veil dancer.
Too bad he came to such a tragic ending. Gabber wasn't much of a looker, you know, and he couldn't say a word with that freakishly long tongue of his. But for some inexplicable reason, the ladies loved him. In the end, that was what did him in. Nomis Stormfingers, an extremely large and jealous village smith, found my unfortunate cousin in a compromising position with Mrs. Stormfingers. Nomis reached inside Gabber's mouth, yanked that long lingua out, looped it around his throat, and strangled him with it. Lynched him with his own tongue, if you can believe it.

FriendlyMerchant

GO FOR THE EYES BOO XD
Now where was I? Oh, that's right. Gabber. His tongue was nothing but a long, skinny piece of flesh by the time the disease was done with it. But Gabber was determined to learn to talk. He did tongue exercises and tongue stretches everyday, and his tongue kept getting longer and more nimble the more he worked with it. They say he was able to pick locks with his unusual appendage, though I never had the privilege of witnessing that feat myself. By the time he was a young man, he could flick that thing out a full two feet in front of his face and make the tip twirl like a Calim veil dancer.
Too bad he came to such a tragic ending. Gabber wasn't much of a looker, you know, and he couldn't say a word with that freakishly long tongue of his. But for some inexplicable reason, the ladies loved him. In the end, that was what did him in. Nomis Stormfingers, an extremely large and jealous village smith, found my unfortunate cousin in a compromising position with Mrs. Stormfingers. Nomis reached inside Gabber's mouth, yanked that long lingua out, looped it around his throat, and strangled him with it. Lynched him with his own tongue, if you can believe it.

That's an excellent story.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Reasons BG3 is good:

Why the hate towards BG1/2? BG1/2 has a extremely superior ruleset, better story, better companions and better everything except graphics.

Nope. Graphics were better too. Like 90s cartoons. They were perfect for what they represented. It's an art thing that hit peak incline. The more graphics improved after that, the more they approach the uncanny valley as we're seeing in BG3 in the interpretation of faces that are created by the perverted artists at Larian.

In other words, the more realistic things get in 3D, the less I can tell exactly what I'm looking at. The vampires look like girly men, just like the male elves. And the female elves look like boyish women. While the Githyanki look like reptillian versions of both. And in the end they all just look like a different shade of the same hipster race.

At least they kept it simple for all the freaky freaks years ago. They just drew Smerfs in the Smerf cartoon.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Aerie has 16 INT/16 WIS and she is not a "child" as for gnome illusionists, I like gnomes, the gnome guild sells a lot of research subjects for a good price.They also have good knowledge of illusion magic to trick lowlives and enchantment to enslave lowlives.

FriendlyMerchant

uncanny valley
LpI8yj1.jpg

Jamona HEEHEE!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom