Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

why the hate on BG3

Shaki

Arbiter
I'm starting to suspect that majority of Codexers don't actually hate BG3, but just enjoy watching Rusty sperging out whenever they say something negative about the game.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I can't hate what I haven't played (though my dislike might creep towards it based on reviews and videos). I don't even hate that Diablo 2 remaster but I do say some of the art is hideous.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I'm starting to suspect that majority of Codexers don't actually hate BG3, but just enjoy watching Rusty sperging out whenever they say something negative about the game.
Getting Rusty to go on butthurt spergouts is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Codex Year of the Donut
Getting Rusty to go on butthurt spergouts is like shooting fish in a barrel.
I can't remember the last time I went on a spergout.
Probably when Infinitron decided to censor my wotr thread.

Joyvankek

Learned
The good: They improved on combat lately.(It's now D&D based rolls with advantages/disadvantages etc)
What I like is that you can join the goblin/discount mindflayers cult and then go and genocide the tree fucker cult, and the muttdemons refugees.
In short you have some choices and can see effect of those.
The game world/map is also well made.

The bad: Your companions that still suck, and from what I've gathered everyone is BInsane and wants to bang you later on.
There is woke garbage in game, Of course both factions in act 1 are lead by stronk n' yndep wombyns, to on one is surprise.
You still don't have anything reassembling moral alignment, which should be present in something like BG series.

Verdict: The game is a little above average cRPG when compared to other current cRPGs, that's work in progress. But it still doesn't deserve to be part of the Baldur's Gate series. It's what Fallout 3/4 were to original Fallout1/2 series, though at least F3/4 were finished games... Ok maybe calling anything released by Bethesda a finished product, is an overstatement but you know what I mean.

Joyvankek

Learned
Of course both factions in act 1 are lead by stronk n' yndep wombyns, to on one is surprise.
did you actually pay attention to the story?
the druid grove is falling apart because of their replacement leader
I did read the story, I know that she's doing shitty job. The issue here is, out of 2 factions we have at the start, both are currently lead by wombyns. As you noticed yourself, at least we aren't dealing with Marry Sue perfect leaders. But it doesn't change the fact that this is an SJW/Woke trope that I encounter in both games and tv series that come from USA and other western European countries.

Codex Year of the Donut
Of course both factions in act 1 are lead by stronk n' yndep wombyns, to on one is surprise.
I did read the story, I know that she's doing shitty job. The issue here is, out of 2 factions we have at the start, both are currently lead by wombyns. As you noticed yourself, at least we aren't dealing with Marry Sue perfect leaders. But it doesn't change the fact that this is an SJW/Woke trope that I encounter in both games and tv series that come from USA and other western European countries.
how is a woman taking over and running it into the ground a "woke trope"?

FriendlyMerchant

how is a woman taking over and running it into the ground a "woke trope"?
Woman in positions of authority is a woke trope.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

No, because they are too weak to fight mere goblins. I never thought that I would see a archdruid losing his grove to mere goblins in any RPG, novel, movie, manga or whatever.

If I do a historical documentary about Boudica it would be "woke"?

FriendlyMerchant

No, because they are too weak to fight mere goblins. I never thought that I would see a archdruid losing his grove to mere goblins in any RPG, novel, movie, manga or whatever.

If I do a historical documentary about Boudica it would be "woke"?

No because she got what she deserved.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I got about 100 hours out of the early access and I didn't even do any of the evil paths or side with the goblins at all.

What!?! How you can get 100 hours in 5E game with lv cap = 4?

GzQ6XcH.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
I got about 100 hours out of the early access and I didn't even do any of the evil paths or side with the goblins at all.

What!?! How you can get 100 hours in 5E game with lv cap = 4?

GzQ6XcH.jpg
iirc it was 2 playthroughs in total, and again, I didn't do any of the evil stuff.
Second playthrough I noticed a lot of stuff I missed on my first time through including a bunch of different ways to solve quests, hidden areas, hidden quests, etc., Especially in the underdark.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
not that I care about BG3, I am more of a WOTR fan, but what makes BG3 give negative feels on codex?

Users chiefly go to the Codex to vent and be negative (partly because positivity has become mandatory in most other corners of the Internet). Going by Steamspy and Steam reviews, there are obviously a lot of people who celebrate BG3 and other nu-Larian games, but they're either not here or not saying anything about it because being the voice of positivity among a crowd of cynics is futile.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
2 years later level cap is still 4.... i was gifted this game, but will wait for 2 more years mininum

looks like a Dragon Age, but I have some faith in combat and the subsystems

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom