Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Trithne

Erudite
So I just did the last Delamain side job, and my reward is another car that is indistinguishable from the rest? He even says "you need a driver", but expects me to drive myself around while he whines I'm going too fast.

I guess they couldn't script it to be able to taxi us to anywhere in the city.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
So I just did the last Delamain side job, and my reward is another car that is indistinguishable from the rest? He even says "you need a driver", but expects me to drive myself around while he whines I'm going too fast.

I guess they couldn't script it to be able to taxi us to anywhere in the city.
Maybe they will get to it in patch 2.5 everything that has to do with open world systems is totally unfinished.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
None of the taxis drive alone, even worse, only one of them actually talks. Since games trained me that choices requiring skill checks are the best, I did that and didn't even know it existed.
I guess you were never meant to actually get one for the other choices, but they just slapped them on so players don't whine about loosing out on rewards. :hahano:

They just had to put in the line "Ima just take one of those now empty cars for myself" and nobody would have of complained.

Starwars

Arcane
I'm not sure what it is, if it's more diversity in how the crowd NPCs look, but something about 1,5 makes the crowd feel... well, more crowded than before. I replayed the game not that long ago and there is a difference there though I can't say what it is. Maybe there's greater draw-distance for crowd NPCs? Not sure. I felt it was instantly noticeable as soon as I stepped out of V's apartment building.
Maybe they increased spawns for certain locations or something. Or the improved visuals just make it "pop" a bit more.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sinnerman must be the single most annoying piece of horribly written machinima in modern gaming. And that iuncludes all Kojima drivel.

BTW, just when I had sat down on the bench, and the time to the right hour to proceed the mission had passed, I was in a sandstorm. I went to the pick up truck and spoke to that Jablonski guy, and as soon as I entered conversation, the weather magically reset to sunny. :D I tell you it's nothing but potato magic holding this open world together.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm not sure what it is, if it's more diversity in how the crowd NPCs look, but something about 1,5 makes the crowd feel... well, more crowded than before. I replayed the game not that long ago and there is a difference there though I can't say what it is.

There's definitely more obese people around now. They used to be a rare treat, but now they're everywhere.
More obese people, thicker crowds. Simultaneously economizing on number of individual NPCs on screen. Makes sense.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
There's definitely more obese people around now. They used to be a rare treat, but now they're everywhere.
I recall a fair number existing even in the original release of the game:

tog8vw.jpg

p0wvai.jpg

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
Again, all of this stuff is akin to 'make the game again'.

It's not going to happen. They can barely make police work properly ffs

I mean, do we want the police to work? What is work properly anyway? Everyone wants them to be gta level, fuck that. The police shouldn't be on V with a billion turrets and special forces everywhere in seconds. The system definitely needs a rework but they should have slower response times, far spawn times, and cops should drop shit, cower, be brought off, be lazy, be as inefficient as Nigh City Makes them out to be. Ditto the VB/Animals out in Pacifica.

But they're definitely not fun now, at all.

Trithne

Erudite
The police argument ties into the general identity crisis that the game's been given by the playerbase - a lot of them seemed to expect GTAV but in the cyber future, which is why they put so much attention on crowds reacting to you going on a killing spree and the NCPD turning up and chasing you. None of this is actually stuff the game intends you to do.

There's scripted firefights between NCPD and gangs, which are just at points, but there's no reactivity to them: I saw 2 cops standing 15 feet away from one happening, focusing on their short conversation.

But that's just standard RPG fare, isn't it? They weren't really trying to make a reactive open world, it's just a really big hub. Powered by potato magic.

AwesomeButton

Patron
The winds of potato magic blow ever stronger. And so does the Sinnerman mission ("quest"?):
Attempt 1:
1. From the moment you meet Jablonski to the moment you meet Wacko-Jesus you are not allowed to save the game.
2. When you exit the car with Jablonski who rushes to kill Wacko-Jesus, if you run ahead of him, the cop will kill Jablonski as per the game script.

However, that is when the "police "system"" kicks in, the cop considers you a felon, you get a wanted rating, and the cop shoots you down.
It gets better - the cop seems to be invulnerable because he is a quest NPC :lol:

Reload game, try again.

Attempt 2:
1. Go through the car chase again because you are not allowed to save the game, complete with dumb ass scripted cars that jump in your way, to add "tension".
2. Once you start chasing Wacko-Jesus who is riding in the NCPD car, a quest-specific "car chase" music starts.
3. If you turn down Wacko-Jesus and refuse to ride with him, the mission ends there, which is really a deliverance.

However,
the "car chase" music never stops.

I've seen people reporting this bug with combat music and one suggestion was to enter some other combat so the music switches and then stops after that combat is over, supposedly.

Didn't work. Reload game, fuck this mission, go do something else.

Potato magic at work.

PP: these bugs would be discovered by the most superficial of QA testing. You can bet your balls no one in CDPR played through this mission more than once, making sure he passes it right.

Yosharian

Arcane
The police argument ties into the general identity crisis that the game's been given by the playerbase - a lot of them seemed to expect GTAV but in the cyber future, which is why they put so much attention on crowds reacting to you going on a killing spree and the NCPD turning up and chasing you. None of this is actually stuff the game intends you to do.

There's scripted firefights between NCPD and gangs, which are just at points, but there's no reactivity to them: I saw 2 cops standing 15 feet away from one happening, focusing on their short conversation.

But that's just standard RPG fare, isn't it? They weren't really trying to make a reactive open world, it's just a really big hub. Powered by potato magic.
I'm not expecting GTAV but in a game that relies heavily on its open world sandbox to create immersion, it is very immersion-breaking to have a police force that doesn't respond realistically to events that occur in the game world.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the lack of realism in the open world, there are tons of other things I could mention.

All these little things drag you out of the simulation and remind you that the game you're playing is pretty shit.

Which is, you know, a problem if you are trying to enjoy the game

potatojohn

Arcane

I'm not expecting GTAV but in a game that relies heavily on its open world sandbox to create immersion, it is very immersion-breaking to have a police force that doesn't respond realistically to events that occur in the game world.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the lack of realism in the open world, there are tons of other things I could mention.

All these little things drag you out of the simulation and remind you that the game you're playing is pretty shit.

There's no game with a realistic police response.

You round the corner, and the police just forget someone murdered 10 people 30 seconds ago.

They shoot you for the smallest offence, and suicidally ram you with their cars, they clearly spawn in around you and it's always obvious that they know where you're hiding so the game forces you to move around hiding spots.

Since the police has the memory of fish, the chases are completely meaningless waste of time.

Police mechanics in open world games are annoying and retarded. Really 2077 has the least annoying version.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Now that 'murican consoletards can play it too, they probably went apeshit on the internets because 90% of Night City's population are asians AZN. "I thought this is 'MURICA!" {{{PeacefulProtest}}}

CDPR just tried to defuse the situation by increasing the amount of... familar looks. And they are not obese, they are filled to the brim with freedom and liberty! :salute:

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Now that 'murican consoletards can play it too, they probably went apeshit on the internets because 90% of Night City's population are asians AZN. "I thought this is 'MURICA!" {{{PeacefulProtest}}}

CDPR just tried to defuse the situation by increasing the amount of... familar looks. And they are not obese, they are filled to the brim with freedom and liberty! :salute:
It's realistic we should see way more trannies on the street though and some body postive gangoons.

Yosharian

Arcane

You round the corner, and the police just forget someone murdered 10 people 30 seconds ago.

They shoot you for the smallest offence, and suicidally ram you with their cars, they clearly spawn in around you and it's always obvious that they know where you're hiding so the game forces you to move around hiding spots.

Since the police has the memory of fish, the chases are completely meaningless waste of time.

Police mechanics in open world games are annoying and retarded. Really 2077 has the least annoying version.
"No game has done it well, so the idea of having it is retarded and annoying"

Go drink bleach tbh

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Au contraire

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Chooms!

With the Next-Gen Update and Patch 1.5 out in the wild, we just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you to you all.

So far, Cyberpunk 2077 has been a long and winding road, and the fact you’ve stuck with us, kept in touch, and shared so many amazing stories and content with us warms our hearts. We’d love to show our gratitude to every single one of you individually, but we hope this video gets the point across just as much :)

From across the whole of RED, to you: Thank You!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom