Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hollow Knight

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Don't you need the shade cloak or the tear for that?... [You can go through Greenpath, of course, which was what I referred to in my post.]

Elwro

Arcane
(It's funny... I googled and it seems you can actually reach the Gardens via some ridiculous jumps, but I haven't checked in detail. Gotta work111!!!!!)

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
I think upgrading the dream nail requires more walking around the entire map than the regular nail though?
But I'd recommend doing both anyway.

Elwro

Arcane
Well, it's certainly more interesting than practicing for the arena fights to get the last missing ore fragment...

Jutsun

Brytenwalda Studios
Developer
If by arena fights you mean the Colosseum of the Fools... Yeah! That place would get on anyone's nerves. I've almost given up on beating that thing, I find it even harder than most of the bosses in the game!

Ash

Arcane
Coliseum of fools is awesome. Best fight/challenge/boss in the whole game.

Blood-pumping dynamic music. Geo and charm rewards each victory. Highly diverse combat and platforming against a wide variety of enemies that puts almost all your skills and knowledge to the test.

Better than any bossfight in the entire game. Get wrecked scrub fool I beat phase 3 on my sixth or seventh attempt.

Last edited:

Jutsun

Brytenwalda Studios
Developer
We can all agree that it is something that people will definitely remember after playing the game.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
I don't recall it being that hard?
But then again I think it was one of the last things I did, so I had all upgrades and the honeycomb charm and such.

lightbane

Arcane
The Godseeker trials are meant for lunatic munchkins only. Too much fighting and you have to redo EVERYTHING if you mess up. The rewards for doing it at max difficulty is a small piece of lore that doesn't tell you shit, just like the Path of Pain.
Also, dunno why but if the map wasn't useless enough, sometimes the position marked bugged out (heh) and didn't tell me where exactly I was, instead aiming outside of the map or whatever. Dunno if it's because I used mods for this game to make things more bearable (like being able to tell enemy's HP) or whatever.

The arena fights are cool though. Not too long, not too short, although depending on your exploration you may find them at the moment you no longer need the money.

Eh, it becomes clear fairly early on in the game that Geo is fairly useless and the scarcity behind it is false, especially if you have meta knowledge and know that
Mirabelle actually is a bank.
Colosseum fights are more about the notch, ore, and challenge as it’s own reward. And they’re really well done. Tons of encounter variety and a much greater emphasis on aerial/high-mobility combat than anything else in the game, and they heavily encourage the player to use all tools (spells, charm load outs, nail arts) to help mitigate the difficulty. Admittedly the Shade Cloak does make them a bit too easy though.

Elwro

Arcane
Instead of continuing with my old char (to try the more secret content) I decided to give HK another whirl from the start, reaching each area in a way different than before, and it's such a blast! I decided to go for the 'fly horizontally' and 'dig vertically' area openers early, and the pathways even just those two open have been awesome. I'm quite amazed at how replayable this game is.

Elwro

Arcane
Alright, I love this game, and on this replay I discovered lots of things I had no idea about... including the Grey Mourner... but, in fact, the Delicate Flower quest suggest that I'm getting a lil' bit too old for this shit.

Also: I want to finish the 2nd Colosseum challenge to get the last Ore. I managed to get to the two final bouncing balloons on my first try, but when one was left it killed me with its missiles. I have 9 notches and managed to get there without Quick Focus; using Sharp Cloak, Soul Eater, Grubsong and Mark of Pride. On subsequent tries I wanted to try to heal quicker but I have not been able to progress as far. Any charm tips?

[fucking spitting floating creatures]

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I finished my 1st playthrough a while ago. Interesting approach of Souls design decisions on a metroidvania game, plus you can pogo-play around with your nail, not nearly as good as in shovel knight yet still amusing. They went for jive talk voiceoves aswell (similar to gobliins 2 and other early DOS games) which add a layer of charm, many of them sound like a drunken turmoil on a voice channel.
The descend and eventual fight with the mantis lords is peak game design, clearing the area and beating them is a major milestone for the harder battles to come, specially against the watcher knights and soul master.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
lol guys if you think the bosses you mentioned are somewhat hard you are very wrong. wait for dlc content and try to to reach the true ending (dlc) for difficult bosses

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
The Godseeker trials are meant for lunatic munchkins only. Too much fighting and you have to redo EVERYTHING if you mess up. The rewards for doing it at max difficulty is a small piece of lore that doesn't tell you shit, just like the Path of Pain.
Also, dunno why but if the map wasn't useless enough, sometimes the position marked bugged out (heh) and didn't tell me where exactly I was, instead aiming outside of the map or whatever. Dunno if it's because I used mods for this game to make things more bearable (like being able to tell enemy's HP) or whatever.

The arena fights are cool though. Not too long, not too short, although depending on your exploration you may find them at the moment you no longer need the money.
i agree partially on
last pantheon
they could have removed the filler because it's not hard and only adds tedium. but the segment from the second last bench of
pantheon of hallownest
should remain intact, since it's the apex of the game imo. last 2 bosses are insane and extremely rewarding and fun once you practice them enough.
i completed the game with all achievements but steel soul ( could have done that but didnt have time) and i felt very satisfied for the true ending

Alright, I love this game, and on this replay I discovered lots of things I had no idea about... including the Grey Mourner... but, in fact, the Delicate Flower quest suggest that I'm getting a lil' bit too old for this shit.

Also: I want to finish the 2nd Colosseum challenge to get the last Ore. I managed to get to the two final bouncing balloons on my first try, but when one was left it killed me with its missiles. I have 9 notches and managed to get there without Quick Focus; using Sharp Cloak, Soul Eater, Grubsong and Mark of Pride. On subsequent tries I wanted to try to heal quicker but I have not been able to progress as far. Any charm tips?

[fucking spitting floating creatures]

Well depends on your playstyle. I'm much better playing with a nail-focus than a spell-focus, but I think most of the players who can successfully complete the Godhome content agree that spell-focus is objectively superior.

For 2nd coliseum I would probably go something like Mark of Pride. Quick Slash, Steady Body, and Soul Catcher. And as obvious as it sounds: not taking damage is always better than being able to quickly heal damage. It's definitely a gate-keeping event, but it's actually not all that bad once you know what's coming and have the rhythms of the transitions down to the point where you know when it's safe to heal a mask or two.

Elwro

Arcane
Thanks. I forgot to mention that I'm never using spells or Nail Arts ;-)

I will try to take advantage of Quick Slash, thank you, I somehow went through the whole game without using it but it really does seem nice.

RoSoDude

Arcane
Quick Slash is still busted if you ask me. They increased the notch slots it occupies from 2 to 3 in an early patch, but I think it should be 4. It increases your attack speed by 64%, which means 64% increased DPS, 64% faster soul gain, and 64% faster boss stagger. This means it can basically occupy the same role in a build as Unbreakable Strength (3 notches), Soul Catcher/Soul Eater (2/4 notches), and Heavy Blow (2 notches) respectively. That much utility for only 3 notch slots is just insane.

I personally avoided Quick Slash and relied on Nail Arts in the endgame instead, which I found more tactically interesting. I saw several other critics complain that the game became too easy after the final nail upgrade, while in gameplay footage they used Quick Slash which was really what sent their DPS to the stratosphere, as opposed to the 23% marginal damage gain from the final upgrade.

Elwro

Arcane
Alright, so this time I found the whole game so far to be very easy and lightweight fun, but I have reached the same two stumbling blocks as the first time when I'd struggled with everything: the Traitor Lord and the second Colosseum gauntlet. I thought I really wanted that pure nail but the phases where you can't touch the ground are infuriating (I'm not using spells). And I thought I'd be able to Sharp Cloak the Traitor Lord but the timing is a lot more difficult than I thought.

I can lose 100 Essence on Dreamgating there and nothing will break, right?

HansDampf

Arcane
The Traitor Lord used to be more of a pushover but got beefed up in some update and now deals two points of damage per hit. Sharp Shadow is the easiest way to beat him.
IIRC he is an optional boss. All the main bosses are very easy. Optional content is more difficult.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom