Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Alphons

Cipher
VtM: Night Road
Huh, I played this like a year ago and don't remember Ravnos being in, nor these characters in the first picture. Is it new?

There was an update with an extra side job- car Nosferatu wants to crash an auction of a powerful artifact and prevent an alliance between the guys in first pic (Eduard gets replaced by someone else if you killed him with Mexican hunter) and the Ministry. You can work for either sides or doublecross them and get an artifact yourself.

Tao

Savant
Hot take: VtMB2 already released and it's called VtM: Night Road]

It wasn't bad. And so far it is the best among the VtM visual novels released. But to me it feels like is the bare minimun one can do. Like buying the script writing of a game or a movie.

Tbh if they weren't like 5€ i would not buy them. But yeah, i agree Night Road is so far the best they have done with the ip until we can play Swansong.

Alphons

Cipher
It's already operated by Camarilla (if you play as Ventrue, by your sire), but Inquisition is coming to purge it with flamethrowers.
You can help relocate it to another border patrol facility or help cool Anarch Julian steal some data to open your own Mexican blood bank, but without blackjack and hookers.

For Poles: Prince of Tucson is a Polish noble that reads Olga Tokarczuk.

Alphons

Cipher
Nah, he's there to annoy you throughout the entire game, even if you tell him to fuck off.

If you help Camarilla or Inquisition you can finally get him offed at the end, but the game requires you to pick the option 2-3 different times, as if the author grabbed you by the wrist when you decided to kill his OC.

Alphons

Cipher
It kinda is.

At the core it's still a Choice Game with all their problems.

Writing has it's moments (the abandoned biolabs for example), but it also has moments where an author's OC lectures you about cop killing someone and media sweeping it under the rug and how they're true monsters.

Don't buy it, unless it's on sale and you crave the VTM fix. Or just acquire it through other means (my friend loves the CGs, buys almost every game they release and she shared this one with me because I liked VTM). There're 2 or 3 other VTM games they made, but I haven't played them.

ColaWerewolf

Educated
If VtMB2 ever releases it will be further (tonally) diverged from VtMB than Night Road is and you will all be ashamed of your words and deeds.

Screencap this.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Spotted via 4chan

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/bria...ue-official-activity-6876471209022910464-HZzc

Brian Milligan

Lead Programmer at The Chinese Room
5mo

With a heavy heart I decided to leave Rocksteady for an opportunity I just couldn’t turn down. For the last 3 years I have had the most amazing experience of working for the studio that has made my favorite games. The talent I got to work with was off the charts, and the studio was magical. The community at Rocksteady though was the hardest thing to say good bye to. I went through a lot of life challenges over the last 3 years with a major international move, a new baby and mental health challenges through the pandemic. The people of Rocksteady were with me and supported me through every step, and I’ll be forever grateful for how they live their value of “Treating People Well”. I’m going to miss working with them immensely, especially my homies on the combat team! I can’t wait to play Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League!

On the happier side I am so excited to announce starting at THE CHINESE ROOM LTD as Lead Programmer on an incredibly exciting unannounced project. I can’t wait to talk more about it soon

Guy left a triple-A capeshit gig at a respected studio to work at the "Who?" company. He's either really excited about their original thing or he's a massive fan of the licensed title they're working on.

Vincente

Arbiter
Spotted via 4chan

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/bria...ue-official-activity-6876471209022910464-HZzc

Brian Milligan

5mo

With a heavy heart I decided to leave Rocksteady for an opportunity I just couldn’t turn down. For the last 3 years I have had the most amazing experience of working for the studio that has made my favorite games. The talent I got to work with was off the charts, and the studio was magical. The community at Rocksteady though was the hardest thing to say good bye to. I went through a lot of life challenges over the last 3 years with a major international move, a new baby and mental health challenges through the pandemic. The people of Rocksteady were with me and supported me through every step, and I’ll be forever grateful for how they live their value of “Treating People Well”. I’m going to miss working with them immensely, especially my homies on the combat team! I can’t wait to play Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League!

On the happier side I am so excited to announce starting at THE CHINESE ROOM LTD as Lead Programmer on an incredibly exciting unannounced project. I can’t wait to talk more about it soon

Guy left a triple-A capeshit gig at a respected studio to work at the "Who?" company. He's either really excited about their original thing or he's a massive fan of the licensed title they're working on.

He's been working there for the past 6 months then? November 2021. When did Paradox announce that they have new devs to work on the project?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Hot take: VtMB2 already released and it's called VtM: Night Road

50dc5f0b36.png
21db7bf4e5.png
cd16f04f92.png
a9e0b7d8dc.png

Is this a Choose Your Own Adventure HTML book, and can I play it on an Android phone?

Spotted via 4chan

Brian Milligan

5mo

He's been working there for the past 6 months then? November 2021. When did Paradox announce that they have new devs to work on the project?

Paradox announced that Hardsuit were kicked off in February 2021 but they had stopped working on it a few months prior and spent that time documenting the code and zipping up the game to get sent off to The Chinese Room.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Paradox announced that Hardsuit were kicked off in February 2021 but they had stopped working on it a few months prior and spent that time documenting the code and zipping up the game to get sent off to The Chinese Room.
Merry Christmas to them, huh? Mandryka was brought on in late August to assess the project, so I guess it didn't take him too long to tell Paradox it was FUBAR'd.

They hired Wallschlaeger in late October so looks like the kill order came either November or December (seems unlikely they'd hire her if they knew they were a dead studio walking, though maybe whatever she was assigned to was some kind of Hail Mary pitch).

Last edited:

Vincente

Arbiter
Well they missed the window for PAX East which was apparently 4-5 days ago, is there any other big name event where they might possibly reveal what they were working on, or is 2023 our best hope?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Well they missed the window for PAX East which was apparently 4-5 days ago, is there any other big name event where they might possibly reveal what they were working on, or is 2023 our best hope?
If it's scheduled for late 2023/early 2024 at the most, don't expect a reveal until June (E3 or summer games fest) or August (gamescom) of 2023.

PlacidDragon

Educated
ParadoxCon is September 2nd and 3rd, that is the only one that comes to mind.

Merry Christmas to them, huh? Mandryka was brought on in late August to assess the project, so I guess it didn't take him too long to tell Paradox it was FUBAR'd.

They hired Wallschlaeger in late October so looks like the kill order came either November or December (seems unlikely they'd hire her if they knew they were a dead studio walking, though maybe whatever she was assigned to was some kind of Hail Mary pitch).

iTs aLl aBoUt oUr pEoPle

She was there to to help the studio get some sort of new sci-fi fantasy thing game (one of the team members who did work on Bloodlines 2 was creating some fictional alien language thing for it, IIRC). That Ghost of Tsushima guy did some stuff on Bloodlines 2 but it wasn't a priority. By that point, they were all moved on to a Hail Mary pitch, as you said. I wish I had more details on the timeline.

I know of two HSL staff , who were there since the Zombie Studio days, that have said that it was completely justified that Mitsoda was fired and it was for good reason but I never was told why. The two things that were told to me were:

"If they only knew..."

and

"You don't fire someone unless it's for a good reason."

But it's okay now. HSL's big thing now currently is doing Fortnite shit

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
Those quotes provide less than zero useful information.

Dangerhairs have no setting between zero and excommunication. They'd say the same thing whether he murdered someone at a company picnic or accidentally misgendered someone's cat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom