Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

deadest of games
LWzC4ih.png

xD
mJfl1MA.png

gkZZjxn.png
That Rogue Trader achievement is bugged. Everybody gets it as soon as you reach act 2.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Game of year no doubt, realistic plot, looking good and runs fast even on computers made from washing machines chips and very stable, there was no pat on the head and, crashes and wtf moments I got playing Rouge Trader early Beta... sorry 1.062 version.

And all of this on shoe string budget too, congratulations to the team.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I am having fun and all, but i do get the feeling that my team might fall behind.
Faythe is already 1 skill behind for Factory sneak (chapter 2, 5 vs 6). Not sure, i will be able to level up elsewhere. MC tagged streetwise, but i also like combat... Works out so far, but i already think about sneak vs. speach quest resolution "15 hours" ago.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I am having fun and all, but i do get the feeling that my team might fall behind.
Faythe is already 1 skill behind for Factory sneak (chapter 2, 5 vs 6). Not sure, i will be able to level up elsewhere. MC tagged streetwise, but i also like combat... Works out so far, but i already think about sneak vs. speach quest resolution "15 hours" ago.
you're probably better off than you realize. i just finished a run with a hybrid MC CHA6 party build using sneak, streetwise and combat so it's definitely possible, although without some meta knowledge you're at a distinct disadvantage vs how optimized you could be.

Sneak - use sneak absolutely anywhere you can, but sometimes you want to start combat encounters from sneak after taking out a character or 2 (like Sharpface) to get both combat LP and sneak LP. In the Factory, sneak into the Black Hand rather than frontal assault. With Sneak 5 (and hopefully the cloaking device), you can clear it, get all the goodies, and tons of LP. Before that kill Detroit though, for a lot of combat LP and their gear. That Sneak 6 set piece at Fort Stanton was nice, but isn't required LP for future consequential sneak missions (the eye, protector's base).

Sneak vs Streetwise - doesn't happen a lot, actually. Rather it's Streetwise vs Combat. I balanced this by looking at the opportunity cost for going for one solution vs another. Getting 100+ speech LP for talking past an encounter with 2 or 3 low level guys with shit gear is not forfeiting much combat LP in the long run, but is helping your Streetwise skill. Also, Streetwise as many vendors as possible for special merchandise - even if you don't end up buying it, you get the skill increases. It also doesn't hurt to fail high streetwise checks you have no chance of making, since you'll get points in it as well. But it's all about the opportunity cost of initiating a set piece using sneak, streetwise or combat route, while taking into account opportunities to start an encounter in 1 mode, harvest some LP, then switch modes.

From memory in Ch1 I talked the 3 scavs into releasing the Deacon, the 2 scavs to free the Black Hand thug, and talked Mercy into siding with Braxton. I sneaked through the ruined tower in Hydro and released the frogs, did all the mini sneak encounters in the Pit/Hydro, and even got past the first group of frogs in the Depot using sneak + electronics. The rest was combat, and that was enough early LP for a very successful hybrid run where I only lacked enough streetwise to complete an end game check, and had enough sneak such that the best sneak portions of the game were highly challenging - but doable.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Game of year no doubt, realistic plot, looking good and runs fast even on computers made from washing machines chips and very stable, there was no pat on the head and, crashes and wtf moments I got playing Rouge Trader early Beta... sorry 1.062 version.

in case anyone still needed more arguments as to why its a russian game

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

in case anyone still needed more arguments as to why its a russian game
Hows your game coming along tho?

Sunri

Liturgist
After chewing on it a bit, I finally had a revelation as to what makes this game so grating to me. It's the fact that, at its core, it's essentially rusware.
Your hate for russia blinds you.

The problem with the game is that its poorly thought out, the elements simply do not work well together.
Learn by doing on a game thats essentially on rails.
Weapon skills that lock you out of variety, it creates a very samey gameplay experience that gets old about 3 hours into the game.
Bad writing that does nothing to get you engaged in the setting or the characters you encounter.
A main character that just sort of spawned into the game as you did that creates friction with the fact that narratively, hes been there all his life.
An uninteresting story. About the only interesting thing already happened, and everyone is sort of done dealing with the fallout that came from that, and you are coming in to shake up the new status quo. Game should have been during the interesting time, not many years later.
Horribly uninteresting locations, I quit the game at Hydroponics because I couldnt find a reason to keep playing, its one of those games that make me question what am I even doing with my fleeting free time.
Game is super short anyway like 15-20 hours so w/e

harhar!

Augur
Just finished the game. Overall, I like it. The combat mechanics and graphics have been improved from AoD, sneaking is a fun minigame, and finding loot feels rewarding most of the time. I also like that skill checks are not chance based. Randomness is entirely unnecessary here. The game also runs well with no crashes and quick saving/loading. Some criticism:

Because you can have 3 followers, you can do pretty much every thing you want if you go with a CHA build like I did. I had two gunners for combat (Evans + Jed) and a skill monkey for almost everything else (Faythe). Consequently, and because of the relatively long time to beat the game, there is practically no replay value like in AoD. What makes it worse is that the three competing factions are pretty boring and similar. So it's not like I would want to see the game from a different perspective. I liked the high replay value from AoD better. You can never appreciate the things you get as much, if you don't have to give up something in return. Furthermore, my CHA build felt like a built that is vastly superior to anything else, which is bad.

The inventory UI is a bigger mess than JEB! Why can't I play inventory Tetris? Why can I not sort or filter my items properly? In the late game it's a complete chore to try and outfit my guys for specific fights or environmental hazards. This would be fun to do, if the inventory was good. Alas, it isn't.

The Habitat sucks. All three areas have exactly the same shit going on. It feels copy-pasted, especially compared to the Pit.

The persuasion "minigame" is still boring as in most RPGs. I remember vaguely that there was supposed to be some more interesting system planned for this game but I just click on the skill checks and win every time - boring.

Why are there so many fucking loading zones? I mean the "squeeze through wall" thingies. It makes navigating the map annoying and feels artificial. The best thing would be to have the entire area in one map (or the entire ship!). Of course, this would be technically more difficult. However, I don't see the need for even more loading zones within singular maps/floors.

Some zones, especially in the Habitat, feel too vast and empty. There is too much running around for no good reason.

The story and world feel weaker and less interesting than in AoD. There is little mystery that I care to explore in comparison.

Why is there no proper map, just fast travel?

Edit: Also, going above armor handling threshold gives too few penalties. I just went tank mode on everyone who wasn't a dedicated dodger. I feel like the penalties should start slow and then ramp up fast and hard.

Also, also, for some items it was difficult to understand which slots they occupied, e.g. for "Vests".

Last edited:

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
My sneaking worked out guise ... Habitat sneak quest lifted me to 6, then all minor sneaks (check 6) got possible.
Still got cucked out of sneak 6 in factory after i returned from Habitat. Why was that necessary?

Now i am wondering if lockpick 10 is possible - i sit on 9++ in chapter 3. Electronics 9 seems out of reach (tagged, currently at almost 8).

Sunri

Liturgist
"at least its over quick" is the most accurate and honest review you could write for this game.
It's not like I was having no fun during my play trough act 2 dropped the ball and I kinda lost plot what I was doing and why, but maybe I went through the factions in wrong order I think it would be better if every faction had some specialization and offered unique reward like church would give some special augmenting protectors some op gun hmmm

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've been playing this for a while now, and I've found replacing the default music with Fallout 1 OST feels great.

The character I made is a biotech-specialized talker (10 CHA), and so far the game is uniquely fun.

Lhynn

Arcane
"at least its over quick" is the most accurate and honest review you could write for this game.
It's not like I was having no fun during my play trough act 2 dropped the ball and I kinda lost plot what I was doing and why, but maybe I went through the factions in wrong order I think it would be better if every faction had some specialization and offered unique reward like church would give some special augmenting protectors some op gun hmmm
Oh damn, as long as you are having fun, then any game is good.
As long as someone is having fun with them, they are all 10/10s

In fact you just have to turn off your brain and enjoy the slop and every game can be a 10/10 for you!

Fucking cretins.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
It's a good RPG. Obviously Habitat feels empty and shoud've been more of a big ass quest hub with branching, faction interconnected quests (i.e. a step up from the Pit).
But, it was not possible because of the budget/time.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Just finished my first run in 46h.

Used a high charisma/ speech character and it was a breeze, but I should probably have a stronger party, as some enemies were impossible to face. I had to simply ignore some combats or I would be wiped out.

Nice game, I LOVE the theme. The atmosphere and writing is superb, but the final third is so rushed that it's not even fun, it's basically just click -> go somewhere -> click -> go somewhere -> click... ad infinitum. I hope we will have an enhanced edition/ expansions in the future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom