Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nioh 2

Game finally became tense again in NG+++, doing a lv 409 mission with lv 332 character and dying fast when I'm not careful. At least for now before I upgrade my build to all orange items, still all green so far. This is the most addictive game I've played in many years. Can already see another fresh run in the future.

D_X

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Any way to check where I have already obtained them from?
Afaik, they don't show in the mission detail screen so I guess not. Look them up in a guide and just commit sudoku if you picked a mission where you already got them and don't want to finish it again.

Spike

Educated
Any way to check where I have already obtained them from?
Afaik, they don't show in the mission detail screen so I guess not. Look them up in a guide and just commit sudoku if you picked a mission where you already got them and don't want to finish it again.
Funny enough, I resigned myself to just go through each mission but I got it right first time. First try! I was intending to just be done with this after I finished main-game but now I'm on Dream of the Strong and want to play the 108 Underworld floors...Such a good game.

I was not aware that jutsu capacity can go over 35. Now that I'm finally leveling DEX past 100 in Dream of the Nioh I was pleasantly surprised to see Ninjutsu cap go up by 1 at 120. And then again at 140. So it seems I will have 40 cap at 200 DEX. +5 isn't earth shattering but it will definitely help improve my loadout. I still use feathers for all 3 elements as it helps so much with keeping that Confuse going so I can use all additional capacity I can get.

"Sloth on Ninjutsu Hit" is pretty good with feathers. Not that I needed them to become even better but I'll take it.

Got hooked on Lapis Lazuli drug again in the middle of Dream of Nioh run. Rushed up to Underworld floor 63 with only one Jizzing Kodama per floor. I should really stop before I overlevel my weapon for campaign missions again. Though perhaps I already did, it's at +70 now. Some of the bosses in Underworld were cunts, with Giant Toad giving me most trouble. Occassional Scampuss cheesing was applied.

Also gotta say one thing I am not a fan of in this game are these random weapon skill drops from bosses. Kusarigama Whirlwind was one of my more used attacks throughout all NG cycles but I had to go all the way up to highest difficulty to find out it also has a follow-up move. Not that the game is unplayable without these secret moves but still kind of annoying. They should have at least made them a guaranteed drop on second or third time you kill the boss.

Last edited:

D_X

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Also gotta say one thing I am not a fan of in this game are these random weapon skill drops from bosses
I'm not saying I used cheat engine to force Tate Eboshi to drop Arc of Chaos after 20+ fights, I'm just saying I might've considered it, you know?

Spike

Educated
Also gotta say one thing I am not a fan of in this game are these random weapon skill drops from bosses
I'm not saying I used cheat engine to force Tate Eboshi to drop Arc of Chaos after 20+ fights, I'm just saying I might've considered it, you know?
Based. Debating if I should be done with this game or get back into it later with all the late-game shenanigans to test my Sword/Odachi build. Uninstalling would save tons of space but it's also kino so I must meditate on this.

D_X

Arcane
Patron
Debating if I should be done with this game or get back into it later with all the late-game shenanigans to test my Sword/Odachi build. Uninstalling would save tons of space but it's also kino so I must meditate on this.
If you're done with the first cycle, it doesn't really take too long to go all the way to dream of the nioh. Just grab some good green gear and gun it.

Silverfish

Arbiter

I always had the opposite problem. I've had pretty good luck with skill drops, but end up thinking "Well, that's neat. Guess I'll just keep spamming Reaper and Twin Moons, though".

Started a new run, Splitstaff this time. Loving this thing already. I know a lot of people probably try out all sorts of weapons extensively throughout a single run but I prefer learning them slowly from start, when I am not showered with skill points and forced to spend more time with starting moves. Just from doing first mission I can tell I will enjoy this weapon a lot. What I didn't love was trying to start with Feral guardian spirit. Cannot land a burst counter with it for shit. Boss at the start of first mission was a pain in the ass with Feral so I ended up restarting with my trusty Brute and then had no problem beating it. Phantom feels a little better than Feral from what I've tried and I could see myself getting used to that but still, Brute feels by far the most reliable and straight forward to me. I'll probably try to make this run a dual weapon character too eventually, it's probably time to graduate to that. So far I've just been using second weapon slot for set bonuses.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah Brute is the best for most situations, IIRC Phantom was almost required for the Boar fight, to avoid his retarded grabs. Not sure what's the point of Feral, don't think I've used it once.

Yeah Brute is the best for most situations, IIRC Phantom was almost required for the Boar fight, to avoid his retarded grabs.

You mean Shibata Katsuie? Never used Phantom on him and never found him to be very hard. For avoiding grabs, if dodge proves too unreliable, I can just use Yokai ability that transforms me into Yokai. I can both avoid the grab and deal damage at the same time then.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah Brute is the best for most situations, IIRC Phantom was almost required for the Boar fight, to avoid his retarded grabs.

You mean Shibata Katsuie? Never used Phantom on him and never found him to be very hard. For avoiding grabs, if dodge proves too unreliable, I can just use Yokai ability that transforms me into Yokai. I can both avoid the grab and deal damage at the same time then.
Yeah Shibata. Dude killed me about 10 times, 9 out of which with his grab that's p. fast and very hard to avoid in that small arena. Switched to Phantom, smeshed him super fast.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Yoooo 10 buckos for this shit on Humble choice. I just abjudicated it, even if i don't feel playing it right now. Either way i gotz it now so there's that. Finally. Never played a Team Ninja game before so this ought to be interesting when i get to it.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
Yoooo 10 buckos for this shit on Humble choice. I just abjudicated it, even if i don't feel playing it right now. Either way i gotz it now so there's that. Finally. Never played a Team Ninja game before so this ought to be interesting when i get to it.
Thank you. Came to post the same thing. I'm tempted at $10. My trepidation stems from Nioh 1 eventually landing on GP, then we got Wu Long day 1.

Thank you. Came to post the same thing. I'm tempted at $10. My trepidation stems from Nioh 1 eventually landing on GP, then we got Wu Long day 1.

$10 for this is a steal, there are many hours of fun to be had with this one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom