Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Denuvo shouldn't allow activating PC version before official release. Thus PC version leaks are unlikely.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Well, looks like it's time to hibernate from this thread, avoid searching DD2 on youtube and specially get away from /v/ as that rathole will undoubtedly will flooded with spoilers for the next month
Oh no not my precious gookshit story
More like: "Oh no, I just spoiled myself the cool moments and secrets in this game about exploration and uncovering secrets."

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Also there are some small criticism about basically story board of DD2.
In first Dragon's Dogma, dragon saw he wanted to be kickass and he has guts, thus he used powerful dragon magic to basically skip 3 stages of Wuxia and let him train properly.
Now if Dragon is in 5th stage of Wuxia and is able to do resurrection we might see the dragon in multiple sequels. That's fine.

But, that was relatively kickass start and potential for decent story of DD 1.

Now my early impressions because Denuvo would take ages to remove, and I don't want that crap on my PC when it's not at least partially neutralized. So it would be watch only for a while, so why wouldn't I watch the story early.

So there are my early impression from watching 30minutes - 2 hours of gameplay. (BTW clicking reply would show Spoiler contents.)
Basically, the game has vibe like when they wanted to make Dark Souls 2 after success of first game on PC. And they were like: and the main character would start like a prisoner/slave in some mines. And then they like escape. And that would be somehow related to story. And then after kickass feeling rescue by Gryphon. We would need to get rid of Gryphon to not make him too powerful early, and so we would show awesome ballista shooting skill of young white female officer. And then they would find the main character is actually ... ... ... Arisen. And he would use wake stone. And he would create a pawns. And what was what made the first game popular? Yea that was that Dragon.
Thus we would have encounter with dragon.

I make excuses about my starting senility, but I can still do better.
It's fucking game, you need to introduce player into world, show what main character can know and which it can't, get some helpful hints on the start. And then story would unfold itself.

And I thought when I wrote movie script with better story to BG3 that my writing was only mediocre. They are not even able to make proper story board to a GAME. Like that looks like they spend 15 days and they were done with it.

Not GoTY.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
In first Dragon's Dogma, dragon saw he wanted to be kickass and he has guts, thus he used powerful dragon magic to basically skip 3 stages of Wuxia and let him train properly.
Now if Dragon is in 5th stage of Wuxia and is able to do resurrection we might see the dragon in multiple sequels. That's fine.

Now my early impressions because Denuvo would take ages to remove, and I don't want that crap on my PC when it's not at least partially neutralized. So it would be watch only for a while, so why wouldn't I watch the story early.

So there are my early impression from watching 30minutes - 2 hours of gameplay. (BTW clicking reply would show Spoiler contents.)
Basically, the game has vibe like when they wanted to make Dark Souls 2 after success of first game on PC. And they were like: and the main character would start like a prisoner/slave in some mines. And then they like escape. And that would be somehow related to story. And then after kickass feeling rescue by Gryphon. We would need to get rid of Gryphon to not make him too powerful early, and so we would show awesome ballista shooting skill of young white female officer. And then they would find the main character is actually ... ... ... Arisen. And he would use wake stone. And he would create a pawns. And what was what made the first game popular? Yea that was that Dragon.

It's fucking game, you need to introduce player into world, show what main character can know and which it can't, get some helpful hints on the start. And then story would unfold itself.

And I thought when I wrote movie script with better story to BG3 that my writing was only mediocre. They are not even able to make proper story board to a GAME. Like that looks like they spend 15 days and they were done with it.

Not GoTY.
Dragon Dogma 2 doom posters really are a special kind.

Jinn

Arcane
Who gives a shit? It's Dragon's Dogma. It needs to have a fun world, some memorable characters, and some weird time/dimensional/dark shit happening in the periphery. Who expected the main narrative to be anything but a vehicle for the above? And again, who cares?

Not that I even looked at any of the story spoilers. I'm sure whatever it is will work just fine for a game primarily concerned with gameplay.

Joyvankek

Learned

Not GoTY.
Dragon Dogma 2 doom posters really are a special kind.
He do have point with one thing we have 2 malwares bundled into DD2. Denuvo and Enigma. This is a big red flag.
It's the reason I bought the game from keystore paying much less that I would normally.
I took the jump, so no going back, still it's not often I buy anything from the now Quadruple A so I don't really have anything to beat myself over for. Even if this will turn out to be flop I can live with it. If leaks are any indicator I would say the game itself at least combat wise look decently enough, and vocations got improved.
We will see on March 22 how it will turn out.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Ehhh I dunno if I was expecting masterful storytelling from this game in the first place to be honest

Yeah, do people here actually remember the first game? It had standard JRPG writing. Probably below average even.

I want to climb monsters so I can stab them.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
What a shit show this will be on consoles, frame rate rarely even reaches 30fps. Every time there's a fight, it goes into the 20's, also the stuttering...

Another huge issue, regardless of console or PC, the utter stupidity of the pawns and npcs.

notpl

Arbiter
The japanese really cannot program games worth a shit these days. I mean, neither can anyone else, but japanese ports seem to consistently be on another level entirely.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
The japanese really cannot program games worth a shit these days. I mean, neither can anyone else, but japanese ports seem to consistently be on another level entirely.

They have never truly embraced PC. Their western overlords are forcing them to recognize the profits of it, but as we know, the west doesn't exactly prioritize performance and a bug free gaming experience.

The Resident Evil remakes and Armored Core VI had pretty good ports/performance from what I played. But yes the average seems to be a train wreck like usual.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
fresh leaks
https://files.fm/u/ge3cntukd8
grab while hot and not deleted
Downloaded that and listening to it during playing Dungeon Crawl original as a dwarf with big ax and powerful magic.

What's weird is he got it legally, and he's streaming it completely legally, and all that hostility he got from around. Basically there was even news article about him. Like WHAT?

notpl

Arbiter
DD1 was the same way unless you arranged all your level-ups perfectly to max a primary stat - ideally magic, for magic archer or mystic knight - in which case you could actually put some serious hurt on enemies. DD2 looks like it fixed that oversight by getting rid of stat gains altogether and making it so that everyone is using weightless ineffectual nightmare punches for the whole game. Epic.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So apparently the game starts off as Dragons Dogma 1, when you beat it... The menu changes and it's now a new game, Dragon's Dogma 2.

What fuckery is this?

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
So apparently the game starts off as Dragons Dogma 1, when you beat it... The menu changes and it's now a new game, Dragon's Dogma 2.

What fuckery is this?
Oh yea
4chan leaker finished the game , rushed and only explored half of the map and got the bad ending. Then came back and got the ''true'' ending''. Then got the tittle drop , plus unlocking the end game.
1710706985803701.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom