Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

hmmm
tjCnzH0.jpeg
You just know.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Portcrystals weren't exactly plentiful in DD1 (especially not before the DLC) so if they're present in a similar quantity I don't think they'll change much.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Portcrystals weren't exactly plentiful in DD1 (especially not before the DLC) so if they're present in a similar quantity I don't think they'll change much.
Yep, although one tactically placed next to an oxcart (which is also fast travel, just with a chance of random encounters) will cover plenty of ground, no doubt.

Spike

Educated
Loving watching normies getting worked up over this....

AhwlsmN.jpg

nXz8V7H.png

I'm buying a copy day 1 for every system I own which it's released on just because of this. Fast Travel and Quest Markers must fucking die, along with the normie cunts who need them and cry when they're not included.

:evilcodex:
Imagine one of these kids playing like Wizardry 6 or something. Lol.

Falksi

Arcane
I have to genuinely shake my nogging when I remind myself that most of us weren't even adults when beating some of these games.

Earlier today I saw someone bitching about Landstalker on SEGA Megadrive, saying how hard it was and how the platforming and puzzles were impossible. I beat that many times aged 13/14, and fucking loved it. It felt perfectly balanced with the difficulty, challenging enough to be stimulating but not stressful. I found the Greenmaze area to be a work of genius for a console RPG. Now some fag in his 30's can't handle it. :lol:

What the fuck is wrong with these mongs?

Spike

Educated
Does this mean Capcom's confidant on DD2 success?

I think it means Capcom portioned off a chunk of the base game for that DLC.

If it turns out the base game lacks enemy variety, well, here's your reason.
So just like vanilla + Bitterblack Isle...Lol. Oh well, it still looks incredible. It's very on-brand for a Japanese company to just perfect the already-good mechanics and neglect enemy variety/new vocations.
I have to genuinely shake my nogging when I remind myself that most of us weren't even adults when beating some of these games.

Earlier today I saw someone bitching about Landstalker on SEGA Megadrive, saying how hard it was and how the platforming and puzzles were impossible. I beat that many times aged 13/14, and fucking loved it. It felt perfectly balanced with the difficulty, challenging enough to be stimulating but not stressful. I found the Greenmaze area to be a work of genius for a console RPG. Now some fag in his 30's can't handle it. :lol:

What the fuck is wrong with these mongs?
It really does stretch what the mind can accept as believable. Also, never played Landstalker, so it's added to the list, thank you.

deuxhero

Arcane
Can someone summarize what is wrong with the game so far, according to the leaks?
Character creator is deliberately shit. Loli/flatty creation still exists, but is deliberately disabled from player use
No female animations.
No "female" characters. Body type garbage.
Runs like shit
NPCs react to nothing, even overt violence
HP sponges

Dyet

Novice
Can someone summarize what is wrong with the game so far, according to the leaks?
HP sponges
They do react to overt violence, but it seems that a lot of leeway is given to the player. Overall, though, I agree that the AI is unimpressive and a letdown based on what I've seen. In regard to HP sponges, I don't think the game differs significantly from DD1. If you don't have the appropriate weapons or stats for the enemy you're facing, you'll be whaling on it for a while.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Character creator is deliberately shit. Loli/flatty creation still exists, but is deliberately disabled from player use
No female animations.
No "female" characters. Body type garbage.
Runs like shit
HP sponges
Niggers everywhere.
Dumbed down armor/clothing system.
Dumbed down skill system.
Influencer pawns.

It's the definition of decline.

notpl

Arbiter
HP sponges
They do react to overt violence, but it seems that a lot of leeway is given to the player. Overall, though, I agree that the AI is unimpressive and a letdown based on what I've seen. In regard to HP sponges, I don't think the game differs significantly from DD1. If you don't have the appropriate weapons or stats for the enemy you're facing, you'll be whaling on it for a while.
You no longer have any control over your stats and "you'll be whaling on it for awhile" appears to just be the state of things 100% of the time, going by the leaked footage. The whole game is now balanced as though you had fucked up your build in DD1.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Dumbed down skill system.
oh no , instead of having 6 skill , that actually were 5 because one of was always must go skills (tusk toss, skarlet kisses, exodus slash, Anodyne ) , now i have 4 skill plus previous must go skills baked into the Core skills and Vocations with a deeper mechanics.. what a shame.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Influencer pawns.

Honestly, my only problem with this is that Capcom didn't use people whose material I actually enjoy. Dump Asmongold, the fighting game dude and Tranny Hunter and replace them with EmptyHero, Nostalgia Wound and the old guy from Dracula Flow and I wouldn't complain at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom