Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So they already have an expansion in the works, despite the game not yet being released...
Does this mean Capcom's confidant on DD2 success?
If it's a significant amount of content they're planning to release this year still, they have to start early.

Also, it may or may not be an industry secret, but devs can count stuff like wishlists and pre-orders.

Numbers don't usually lie.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
wishlists and pre-orders.
Wishlists are just an estimate, there's no garatee of purchase
I have Deep Rock Galatic in my wishlist for like 2 years (none of my friends are interested and I am not sure about playing a co-op game with randos)

And are pre-orders that high that it they cover all the development costs (CP2077 is the only game I remember that happening, but that was thanks to the massive hype)?
Or are their numbers used as projections of potential sales?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Or are their numbers used as projections of potential sales?

Yes. And they offer a really solid estimate too.

There's a lot of factors, but most games convert at least 10% of wishlists in the launch week alone, and then 30% over the next month. And that's the floor rate IIRC.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Yeah, Itsuno only does iteration. I kind of don't like him. Dante is a mess, thanks to building more and more on top of the DMC3 system. I don't know who I should blame more: the fans who always want more of the same or Itsuno.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Dante is a mess
dante-reply-1.png

dante-reply-2.png

:troll:

Ezekiel

Arcane
I wanted to make a straight shota in the first game, grown woman as main and young boy as pawn, but the faces are too fucked up to be childlike and none of the voices altered from the one recording sounded like a young boy's. Again, character creation is shit.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Fuck all these cocksuckers bitching about the character creator. The tools are there to make any woman or man you want. WOMAN or MAN. Grown ass adults. Fuck pedos.

#killallpedos

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
How will the Codex cope after a JRPG wins GOTY for a second time in a three year span, and face another potential Jap win in 2025 with Monster Hunter Wilds? Cope, seethe, dilate wont solve the problem. They will have to face the reality that Japs simply make better games. The next couple years will be interesting here.

Might have to start calling it RPGCopedex!

Black

Arcane
How will the Codex cope after a JRPG wins GOTY for a second time in a three year span, and face another potential Jap win in 2025 with Monster Hunter Wilds? Cope, seethe, dilate wont solve the problem. They will have to face the reality that Japs simply make better games. The next couple years will be interesting here.

You need to go back.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

You need to go back.
Fuck off faggotlord. I called it that Elden Ring would win it all. I didn't argue much this year because the idiot in charge of the awards left A LOT of stuff out. DD2 is winning this year without a doubt. What is the competition?

notpl

Arbiter

You need to go back.
Fuck off faggotlord. I called it that Elden Ring would win it all. I didn't argue much this year because the idiot in charge of the awards left A LOT of stuff out. DD2 is winning this year without a doubt. What is the competition?
Bro I love your optimism but forget the idea of talking about GOTY in march - calling something GOTY when it isn't fucking out is cope of the highest order.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

You need to go back.
Bro I love your optimism but forget the idea of talking about GOTY in march - calling something GOTY when it isn't fucking out is cope of the highest order.
Elden Ring came out a month earlier.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Not a director I love by any stretch, but Martin Campbell has the right attitude. He said this sixteen years ago and I always remembered the bolded part.

"I like the fact I slipped under the radar. I just tried to get on with my career. Recognition is bullshit. It's the work that's important."

Last edited:

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I'm saying I have more faith in this game than I did in Elden Ring, and those are not empty words. I'm one of the biggest FS cultists around here. DD2 will be even better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom