Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Warcraft: Dragon Desperation

Kouvo

Augur
New President for Blizzard, Johanna Faries.
kAoh5et.jpeg

Throughout her career, Faries has held executive positions in a broad range of diversity and inclusion and career development and mentorship programs and continues to do so as Executive Champion of Activision Blizzard’s Black Employee Network.

:hero:

Caim

Arcane
It requires actual magic to get Blizzard out of the shithole it's in so it makes sense that they'd employ fairies.

Deimos

Novice
Wow what a cool new president. She totally looks like she's a hardcore gamer that sits and plays tabletop games with the boys. Can't wait to see what rpgs she cranks out

Caim

Arcane
Hilarious
433234dd56acc9e35452129ba41a697d.jpg
In an earlier staff cutting round the managers waited at the building's entrance. If you were allowed to stay you were sent in one direction, if you got terminated you were sent into another room.

Ya know, a bit like in Auschwitz.

(they did forget that the building had a secondary entrance so they still had to go around the workfloor picking off those unfortunate souls who were promoted to customer)

El Presidente

Arcane
I like the healing :popamole: gameplay of WoW and FFXIV to whack-a-mole the HP bars of my party/raid and it's fairly unique to these two if you're to consider active multiplayer games (AFAIK). So it's pretty sad to have to resort to WoW to experience it considering how terrible the game and Blizz are these days. I haven't subbed in a long time but I know I'll miss this healing gameplay eventually. Not sure what to do then.

J1M

Arcane
I like the healing :popamole: gameplay of WoW and FFXIV to whack-a-mole the HP bars of my party/raid and it's fairly unique to these two if you're to consider active multiplayer games (AFAIK). So it's pretty sad to have to resort to WoW to experience it considering how terrible the game and Blizz are these days. I haven't subbed in a long time but I know I'll miss this healing gameplay eventually. Not sure what to do then.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I kind of liked raid healing in vanilla and early expansion WoW too. :oops:
It was kind of like one of those stupid flash games where you have to click to keep a restaurant running. Click the frying pan before the food burns, serve the customer, clear the table, etc. Very zen.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I doubt it will get any better, but still...

World of Warcraft's lead storyteller quietly left Blizzard last fall: 'I've felt the itch to stretch my creativity in new directions'
Steve Danuser reflects on his favorite WoW tales, with no announcement on future plans.

https://www.pcgamer.com/steve-danuser-world-of-warcraft-departure/
Danuser's biggest impact on WoW may have been the story of doomed high-elf-turned-undead-queen Sylvanas Windrunner. He authored significant pieces of her tale, including her love affair with Nathanos Blightcaller. That story, and particularly its thread throughout the unpopular Shadowlands expansion, was sometimes controversial with fans.
88NWasu6A3qYY9eKMqdpAN-970-80.jpg.webp

Vyvian

Educated
"Well I'm done getting revenge for Everquest by shitting up your lore and characters beyond repair. Time for me to hit that 'ol dusty trail." -Steve Danuser, maybe

J1M

Arcane
The damage is done. We didn't even bother to make a World of Warcraft: War With Metzen thread.

Elttharion

Learned
Kotick did irreparable damage to this company. Jesus.
I dont know, there is so much rot inside Blizzard its hard to say all of it is because of Kotick. I mean, look at Bungie, everyone thought they were bad because of Activision, then they went independent and became ten times worse.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Kotick did irreparable damage to this company. Jesus.
I dont know, there is so much rot inside Blizzard its hard to say all of it is because of Kotick. I mean, look at Bungie, everyone thought they were bad because of Activision, then they went independent and became ten times worse.

Eh, the turn over of the old guard and decline from original Blizzard that produced a ton of classic games to nuBlizz all happened over time as Activision stepped in and took more and more control. But anything's possible, I suppose. Whatever the company is now should be laid to rest.

I might resub to get the pirate Pepe.

Glad they finally added something new to do. They haven't added new content types since island expeditions in 2018. Only thing that seems puzzling is - isn't battle royale a "every man for himself" game mode? Seems pretty weird in an MMO where the point is to play with other players, especially a faction war MMO about different groups fighting each other.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
A little more info

Blizzard secretly made a battle royale game inside World of Warcraft to 'break the rules' it's had for 20 years
Plunderstorm will live on a separate server than your regular characters.

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/world...raft-to-break-the-rules-its-had-for-20-years/
We are really focused on trying to break the rules. We really want to give players something that's super exciting, especially experimental, before The War Within launches," Salvatore said, referring to WoW's next expansion due later this year. "Once that launches, the big focus is going to be on that expansion.
The team will be watching players’ reactions to the event closely, Salvatore said. "If people are going to social media or creating forum posts about how excited they are about the abilities within Plunderstorm, this could totally be something that we look to bring to the game in the future.

20661.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom