Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Warcraft: Dragon Desperation

J1M

Arcane
You don't and I'm glad for you :salute:, but the tokens are sold by filthy casuals injecting cash for some golds to get their shitty BOE to inflate their ilvl or worst, getting boosted to complete a trash mythic+
So you are contributing to this madness.

:negative:
You are misinformed. All of that was taking place in Wrath, except the money was going to Chinese slave owners instead of Blizzard.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
You don't and I'm glad for you :salute:, but the tokens are sold by filthy casuals injecting cash for some golds to get their shitty BOE to inflate their ilvl or worst, getting boosted to complete a trash mythic+
So you are contributing to this madness.

:negative:
You are misinformed. All of that was taking place in Wrath, except the money was going to Chinese slave owners instead of Blizzard.
Ni hao.

Caim

Arcane
So what's the new thread title for this new expansion gonna be? The Desperation Within (Blizzard's Offices)???
i vote for "world of warcraft: chris metzen's wife has a daughter"
What's the lore here? Did Metzen get divorced or something?
Some time ago Chris Metzen tweeted that his daughter asked him why the women in Warcraft look the way they do, and he could not provide a good answer.

I pointed out that he could have told her that the women of Warcraft looking like that paid for the house she was currently living in.

Dr1f7

Scholar
he also could have beat her over the head with a bible but he puss'd out

Abesolus

Novice
i tried tanking again but on top of all the horrible things going on ingame, the community takes the cake from me, for real. i mean im not asking someone to be my Best friend, invite me to their wedding or anything, just reply when i fucking say hi or thank you for the run, the community is 100% oblivious to anyone else, they treat others like bots, im tired of this shit, the sense of community is far gone.

mediocrepoet

Patron
i tried tanking again but on top of all the horrible things going on ingame, the community takes the cake from me, for real. i mean im not asking someone to be my Best friend, invite me to their wedding or anything, just reply when i fucking say hi or thank you for the run, the community is 100% oblivious to anyone else, they treat others like bots, im tired of this shit, the sense of community is far gone.

Go into something and try taking too long to pull. They might bitch before they kick you. :lol:

Game went to hell ages ago.

Sadly just a sign of the times really compared to how things were at launch. This isn't as bad on private servers but still getting there with just generally how the internet works, so it isn't just a consequence of what Blizzard did to destroy server community with things like cross realms and what not.

Seems the only way to enjoy mmos at this point is to play with people you meet elsewhere outside of the game.

Yeah. People treat their tanks like shit and then wonder why there is a tank shortage despite tanking being the easiest role in the game. I put up with shit tanking mythic+ keystones because it was far and away the most efficient way to gear up and get the achievement mount, since as a tank you can instantly get into content whereas if you try applying as a DPS you will have to wait upwards of 30 minutes to get into a key you want. It helps if you can learn to discount the opinion of random asshat strangers you can block and will never see again, but doing a lot of keystones in a row can be dispiriting.

Turbo normie

Scholar

Wake up, friend. It happened 15 years ago, lmao. The lfg and automatic grouping system killed the community and social aspect of MMOs.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I played the Season of Discovery thing, tanking as a feral druid, and most of the time people were talking. The slower pace of classic WoW, probably combined with the higher average age, does produce more community. Also the game is so imbalanced and inefficient by design, that trying to optimize it is dumb, so people just do whatever and have time to talk.

The lfg and automatic grouping system killed the community and social aspect of MMOs.
Minmaxing did. I want this run done in 17 minutes. No time to talk. You need to take a shit before the boss? I'm kicking you from the group and blacklisting you for wasting my time.
Even handpicked groups of guildies or from some discord will silently go through the motions and "farm" the dungeon, rather than talk. If you need to talk, you must not know how to play, and therefore are kicked from the group.

Artyoan

Arbiter
It was that way a decade ago when I last tried tanking. I recall tanking a dungeon for a random group, at the final boss they let me die intentionally, wouldn't revive me, all left after telling me how bad I sucked, and so I stopped tanking. The dungeon wasn't a struggle. None of them ever got hit til they let me die. The community is just garbage and got overrun by it long ago. I had just as much abuse doing healing in random groups but at least that was more interesting to me.

I haven't played since Legion came out. I doubt I'll play any MMOs without some sort of massive change in structure.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
so did this expansion work out are the players back were the dragons cool
Despite paying my Blizzard rent to play Season of Discovery, I didn't even download the new version of the game. That's how little I personally care. I don't feel much hype either.
Even if the game is much improved in the last expansion/patches, I don't think most people are there to see it.

Dr1f7

Scholar
so did this expansion work out
wallpaper___aspects_by_aryiana_dzyn_d4oq3fk-pre.jpg

are the players back
blood_elf_family_portrait_by_draken4o_dcce7us-pre.jpg

were the dragons cool
eternity_surge_by_nightrizer_dfs5zkj-414w-2x.jpg

heh idk, you tell me ;)

Dragonflight seems to have done even worse than Shadowlands. With every WoW expansion prior to Dragonflight, Blizzard proudly announced that the expansion release had been some record breaking number. Dragonflight is the first expansion where Blizzard did not say that. In fact, Dragonflight is also the first expansion that has had half a dozen 50% off discount sale while the expansion was current. That's how I came back in the first place: 4 months after Dragonflight launched, they offered a 50% off discount sale. Dragonflight also introduced a FOMO battle pass system that offers stuff that was previously exclusive stuff, like Collector's Edition pets, probably in a last ditch attempt to bolster retention.

My guess is that the past ten years of WoW have steadily alienated the playerbase, with BFA and Shadowlands in particular burning off a lot of the hanger ons. Now you're left with a niche of hardcore players who are content with doing the same raid over and over for 9 months or speedrunning the same half dozen dungeons over and over for 6 months.

mediocrepoet

Patron

Dragonflight seems to have done even worse than Shadowlands. With every WoW expansion prior to Dragonflight, Blizzard proudly announced that the expansion release had been some record breaking number. Dragonflight is the first expansion where Blizzard did not say that. In fact, Dragonflight is also the first expansion that has had half a dozen 50% off discount sale while the expansion was current. That's how I came back in the first place: 4 months after Dragonflight launched, they offered a 50% off discount sale. Dragonflight also introduced a FOMO battle pass system that offers stuff that was previously exclusive stuff, like Collector's Edition pets, probably in a last ditch attempt to bolster retention.

My guess is that the past ten years of WoW have steadily alienated the playerbase, with BFA and Shadowlands in particular burning off a lot of the hanger ons. Now you're left with a niche of hardcore players who are content with doing the same raid over and over for 9 months or speedrunning the same half dozen dungeons over and over for 6 months.

I started to progressively check out from Cata on. By the time SL rolled around, I decided to pick it up because I had always tried each expansion and was at least a bit curious.

I played SL for a week or so and decided it was long past time to bury WoW's defiled, zombified corpse. nuBlizz sucks.

J1M

Arcane
There is a rumor that the Dragonflight writing lead(s) (team?!) are gone. I'm hoping this means Christie Golden too, not just Steve Danuser.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The only way I would ever play WoW again, would be if the subscription got rolled into gamepass ultimate. Actually pay to play this, never again.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Yeah its over, now theyve added something called "follower dungeons" which fill all roles with bots....
who are these people making games to? fuck this shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo_2pZGcWrY&t=199s

It was over a while ago. People still cling, myself included. Follower dungeons, as the video you linked said, are for normal dungeons. I see no issue with them. Grouping in WoW with anything but actual friends is shit anyways. Also, it will give some people a chance to try roles they might otherwise have never tried due to the pressures associated with playing with impatient, judgemental assholes. Also, if you are using dungeon finder for a needed dungeon and the que time is long, this could alleviate that. I think it was a boon to FFXIV and will be to ailing WoW as well.

As for who the people making this game are... they are male feminist, danger haired weirdos, homosexuals, and most likely a few blacks as well.

What don't you like about "follower dungeons"?

Last edited:

Turbo normie

Scholar

Wew, aspects who gave up after Cataclysm are coming back in an EPIC WAY. I really hope you enjoyed preventing Nozdormu going Murozond with the adorable transgender Chronodormu aka Chromi
Or the aborted questline in Grim Batol because "it was a time when Alexstraza was raped, it's a touchy subject"
What about the legacy of the Black Flight, YOU have voted for two leader and... It didn't matter. + Neltharion was a meany :(((((((

Two priests, two wars and a ret pal. Such a synergy. :D

Nigfag

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
There is a rumor that the Dragonflight writing lead(s) (team?!) are gone. I'm hoping this means Christie Golden too, not just Steve Danuser.
Whaat? Christie Golden is part of the official Blizzard lore team?!

Senior Writer?! Are you kidding me.

Abesolus

Novice
Yeah its over, now theyve added something called "follower dungeons" which fill all roles with bots....
who are these people making games to? fuck this shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo_2pZGcWrY&t=199s

It was over a while ago. People still cling, myself included. Follower dugeons, as the video you linked said, are for normal dungeons. I see no issue with them. Grouping in WoW with anything but actual friends is shit anyways. Also, it will give some people a chance to try roles they might otherwise have never tried due to the pressures associated with playing with impatient, judgemental assholes. Also, if you are using dungeon finder for a needed dungeon and the que time is long, this could alleviate that. I think it was a boon to FFXIV and will be to ailing WoW as well.

As for who the people making this game are... they are male feminist, danger haired weirdos, homosexuals, and most likely a few blacks as well.

What don't you like about "follower dungeons"?
the problem is, it all starts with something minimal "oh but its just normal dungeons" then it progresses to heroic, then m+ then raiding. but i guess they know their customers, i dont think anyone "normal" plays wow anymore since they're cating to people with no social skills.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom