Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
At least it gives you a nice little info at the end. Apparently my #3 affinities were: Black guy from Vernworth, Black guy from Bakbattahl, Elven girl. Tbf, you get full Affinity with both the black guys from just doing the mainquest, but it definitely was hilarious
to beat black guy #2's ass, have him go "see you next time" only to have Grigori hold his unconscious body in his hands a minute later and ask me whether I want to sacrifice him

jEBA6t0.png

Crayll

Liturgist
Stumbling around in the dark at 10% HP because you can't fully recover with items anymore (incline), nearly shit my pants as a cyclops starts roaring from a few feet away. Take off running and leap directly into a group of wolves. Dodge one, but another leaps out of the darkness. Start yelling at the screen about them hunting in packs as my puny mage's throat immediately gets ripped out. Yep, it's Dragon's Dogma :5/5:
Having a lot of fun just wandering around, but I can tell one of the problems from the first game is still here - you're encouraged to use a full party of pawns, but that really trivializes the game. Much more enjoyable just running around with your one bro.

Still having weird performance issues (on Linux), the worst of any game in recent memory. Game runs alright most of the time, but I occasionally get massive frame drops just panning the camera. Also occasionally it just bricks my system when I open a menu and I have to physically power off the computer.

Jinn

Arcane
It is insane to me that Saark beat the game in that amount of time. I'm 15 hours in and feel like I'm just scraping the surface.

Falksi

Arcane
It is insane to me that Saark beat the game in that amount of time. I'm 15 hours in and feel like I'm just scraping the surface.
I'm reading some really bizarre bollocks on Normie Social...

3Iw2PsB.png

I'm wondering if they're doing a Starflight or Super Mario World, where you can finish the game in no time at all.....if you play it like an autistic spastic who didn't actually buy it to play it lol.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
The entrance to the second area is great. You enter by hillside and can see all kinds of mysterious stuff below. Got so excited, I walked off the cliff and died.

IMG-20240324-095339.jpg

Jinn

Arcane
I'm wondering if they're doing a Starflight or Super Mario World, where you can finish the game in no time at all.....if you play it like an autistic spastic who didn't actually buy it to play it lol.
I see no other reasonable explanation.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Plan to get a Brawler64 controller for emulation. Even RetroFighters decided the trident was stupid.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
People finishing it in 40 hours or less are using a lot of fast travel and hiring high level pawns. Basically playing on EZ mode, which is fine if you wanna do that. I feel like you're sort of missing the whole point of Dragon's Dogma and cheating yourself out of a unique experience but it's your money, play how you like. I can easily see myself sinking around 70 hours into it. But it's clearly not a 200+ hour game like Elden Ring. It lacks the size and filler shit.

Reinhardt

Arcane
i'm playing dd1 with gamepad and having strong nioh deja vu. it's very comfortable in melee but when i need to shoot something i just drop it and grab mouse...

Herumor

Scholar
So I'm 30 hours into the game and the gameplay is really good. But I'm afraid this game has failed in one important aspect: soundtrack.

I cannot for the life of me remember anything unique, nothing like the first Dragon's Dogma, playing. What the hell happened here? Did the devs also realize their game's soundtrack was bland as fuck and that's why they put out original Dragon's Dogma music and sounds as paid DLC for the sequel?

Ezekiel

Arcane
I will use a unisex name, since SDG said you can change the sex but not the name.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom