Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Erenshor - a single player MMORPG

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I really started Erenshor because I kept googling "single player mmorpg" and never found a game

Go for it

You're gonna get a lot of hits purely on the marketing basis of "SP MMORG" alone

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Yeah! GO FOR IT! Every MMO I ended up playing, most of the time was spent solo. Now, I had to party for raid dungeons in PWI as those mobs seemed brutal to a mmo newb like me at that time. Aion had solo instances that I enjoyed. I love exploration and hidden shit. Hell, I enjoyed retarded fetch quests and kill quests. In Aions main heavenly hub there is a letter delivery quest you can do 101 times. Sadly, you get no mega award for exhausting that quest. I enjoyed taking pics and vids of the scenery and listening to the music. I really wished that was an offline game and others as well. I also wished they could be modded with additional content for exploration as I hated doors as pictures but not usable. PWI had some interesting exploration and quests I liked as well. Obviously, if i had paid for WOW I would have like it as well but these games were played on Holiday at my bros house in another state who had high speed internet. I only had nothing to low end dialup via earthlink. Atm, I have nothing and my gaming interests have tanked. Maybe someday I will return to gaming instead of hoarding.

Note: aion had a quest you could do 1,001 times; I got up to around 784 before I was distracted. Yeah.... so OCD there.

Last edited:
f30fd24c56e1bcfc926883d6a51d5a00.gif

Will the pseudo-PCs wail in chat as you grief-PK them?

just

Liturgist
you can disguise microtransactions as chinese bots in the chat selling you gold

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
It's for us weirdos who enjoy mindless gameplay. We're dozens!
I have to admit I'm one of those weirdos too :oops:

I played a number of MMOs back in the day: Runescape, Helbreath, Neocron, Anarchy Online, EVE, Auto Assault, Age of Conan, Darkwind. In all of these, the only ones where I've teamed up with people were Anarchy and Darkwind. I don't really like the party aspect as randos can get weird. At the same time, I like the grind and feeling of progress that these games had.

The game that did it best for me was actually Neverwinter Nights' Persistent Worlds. It's not really an MMORPG, but it had that feel. It didn't require you to party up, but when you did, everyone was LARPing so it still felt like an SP game.

Man now I want to reinstall NWN :P

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
You can play EverQuest with AI bots that play like real people. Not easy to setup but you get to play the game with a full group that you control. You can also do it all offline if you install EQ Emulator.

Turn_BASED

Educated
The demo is quite fun and the “players” are better at group combat than 99.9% of FFXIV trannies, color me impressed!

Old Hans

Arcane
You can play EverQuest with AI bots that play like real people. Not easy to setup but you get to play the game with a full group that you control. You can also do it all offline if you install EQ Emulator.
be funny if some of the AI bots were scripted to afk for like 10 minutes or if theres a party wipe everyone has to log out for the night and your warrior is stuck at the bottom lower guk surrounded by frogloks

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Ghosts at death spots begging to be tagged for resurrection. Uh... fucking gatcha shops! :argh: :argh::argh::argh:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Idea reminds me of the .Hack games for the PS2, fake MMORPGs on which I had more believable human interaction than actual MMORPGs.

Beastro

Arcane
Erenshor is made to walk in the footsteps of EverQuest-
Has a WoW-like hotbar

The character perspective and art style of the world is even like WoW. It's nothing like EQ visually or artistically besides the forests trying their best to recapture the EQ vibe.

600px-Greater_Faydark.PNG

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane
Zoomers/Gen Alpha are terrified of human interaction. This is the first MMORPG they'll be able to actually play for more than 10 mins.
No, this is for P99 types who don't have the time/investment to play P99.

It's for addicts now with families to keep get their fix without ruining their relationships.

I'm not a zoomer, I'm a 38 year old with a family, kids, and other things that pull me away from gaming. I love MMORPGs... I grew up on EverQuest. As life changed, I got sick of leaving my pals high and dry by having to ditch on a moment's notice. I ended up just soloing all the time, and those games aren't really built for soloing... so I'm making one that is. I love the grind, the dopamine of a rare drop, and all that good stuff.

Thought so.

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane
I wouldn't mind a sandbox RPG that tries to simulate some sandboxy "emergent gameplay" found in some MMOs: inter-guild butthurt/conflict, rising in guild ranks, player-driven economy, PKing making some places unsafe, PKing assholes that piss you off so much you recognize their names, PKing erupting into major guild on guild violence turning an area into a warzone, chat open channel flamewars causing more PvP violence etc.
That would be a good setting to repurpose Shadow of Mordor's nemesis system for.

Burgee4150

Burgee Media
Developer
Erenshor is made to walk in the footsteps of EverQuest-
Has a WoW-like hotbar

The character perspective and art style of the world is even like WoW. It's nothing like EQ visually or artistically besides the forests trying their best to recapture the EQ vibe.
You're right that the UI and camera settings are a bit more modernized and Wow-like, but the gameplay itself is very much EQ based.

Burgee4150

Burgee Media
Developer

It's for addicts now with families to keep get their fix without ruining their relationships.

I might use this as a sales line because you nailed it.

Also I don't know how to multiquote on here.

Beastro

Arcane

I don't on my phone. Just spam away like I do!

:love:

Feel free to use it, and thanks for the compliment!

Turn_BASED

Educated

I finished the demo, congrats man I think you’re on to something. I look forward to release whenever it comes.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
On my phone when you touch the +Quote it puts it in a cache for as many as I touch. Then, in my post reply I hit the " Insert quotes..." tab and it shows a list to quote. I can remove those quotes I don't want. Then hit add quotes.

Example:

I don't on my phone. Just spam away like I do!

:love:

Feel free to use it, and thanks for the compliment!

i spent most of my life here and still don't know too. no worries.

I finished the demo, congrats man I think you’re on to something. I look forward to release whenever it comes.

Quoted posts that had multi-quotes in them will also post those so a potential of a huge chain of posts could occur. Usually enough to cause people to TLDR you.

harhar!

Augur
Will be a mindless gear farming, cooldown managing boredom?
Gear farm, xp grind, cooldown management is part of it, yes.

It plays just like an mmorpg. If you don't enjoy that gameplay and play mmos only for the social aspect then Erenshor is really not going to speak to you.

It's for us weirdos who enjoy mindless gameplay. We're dozens!
So basically, you are building a pure Skinner box with no redeeming values? You are distilling the essence of slop? I find this ethically questionable, but respect your mad Science nonetheless.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom