Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Be Kind Rewind

Educated
Zionist Agent

2 minutes in and that retard said literally that DD:DA had "amazing combat but almost everything else is complete shit". Yeah no need to waste time watching the rest of that video. What a dumbfuck

Filtered. The best thing about Synthler is how he manages to make so many people asshurt with such ease. If you didn't get an anal bleeding from the first couple of minutes you'd have him explaining to the dumbfucks later on that it was hyperbole, accurate, but hyperbole. Are you playing DD as a walking sim? For the story lol? The PS2 graphics? Man makes a very nuanced video that's over an hour long and you get rectum ruptured because he's saying gameplay is king in this game and there isn't any other reason to play it than the combat.
lol at him throwing the black guard off a cliff.
He's showcasing Hitler in DD1 later on in the video.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
It's great to swap in at the last health bar to grab the killing blow for 4x XP.
That requires some luck. If you roll with spellcasters they can easily steal the kill from you. When you're going on long journeys it's weight can be a problem, even upgraded down to 6 kg. I suppose I could try calling the pawns off at the last second.

Stoned Ape

Savant
I can't remember what it's long range grapple is called but it failed to yank Herpes out of the sky (maybe you need the upgraded version?).
Use it twice, once to unbalance them, the second time to pull them out the sky. Or just use Skull Splitter and leap 30 feet into the air shredding everything you touch.

Archer is a fun vocation that I enjoy using, but it is not anywhere close to being as strong as Ninja Thief is.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I can't remember what it's long range grapple is called but it failed to yank Herpes out of the sky (maybe you need the upgraded version?).
Use it twice, once to unbalance them, the second time to pull them out the sky. Or just use Skull Splitter and leap 30 feet into the air shredding everything you touch.

Archer is a fun vocation that I enjoy using, but it is not anywhere close to being as strong as Ninja Thief is.
I'm sure it's god-like if you use it enough. To me it just felt like a neutered Strider and less fun to play as.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
That requires some luck. If you roll with spellcasters they can easily steal the kill from you. When you're going on long journeys it's weight can be a problem, even upgraded down to 6 kg. I suppose I could try calling the pawns off at the last second.
Just call off your pawns to get the last hit. Won't always work, but it'll do 99/100 times. It's not even that important for boss monsters, since they're only a small portion of the XP you get, it's mostly the small goblins and bandits that suddenly start giving 2k XP a pop instead of 500, and that adds up very quickly. You mostly kill those with just leftclicks anyway, so the extra stamina cost barely comes into play.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
For people complaining about lack of dungeons:
Drabnir's Grotto
Lol I'm in there right now. No idea if I'll make it out alive. I'm fresh out of ferrystones and the pawn carrying my camping gear died so I don't have that option either. I LOVE IT! This is as good as anything in Dark Souls if not better, and it's not the only great dungeon in the game. Peeps bitching about the dungeons are either blind, retarded, or are simply not playing it. Elden Ring doesn't have shit on this game.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Most the time it feels like it tries to force me to go through the high-five/arm-salute if I’m within ten feet of them.. and since I’m trying to move somewhere else in those moments I’m caught in that slow-walk animation cycle towards them at first :shittydog: Maybe it’s in my head..

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, this run was more like an experiment.

I was curious to see (1) if it's possible to reach Volcano Island from the beginning of the game? and (2) if it's possible to max upgrade a weapon before end game?

The answer is Yes for 1st question; basically the entire world is accesible from start game.

From Vermund to Battahl there is one cave called Thunderclap Cave and from Battahl to Volcano Island there is the Drabnir's Grotto.

The answer is Yes for the 2nd question however the end game upgrades are a pain in the ass. Huge pain in the ass.

I decided to upgrade this hammer because it has the biggest knockdown damage.

E6ECC89859132C2429D07908051BA9479F0F9EB6

Well, Wailing Crystal can only be looted from Lich enemies. There are 2 places in Battahl where they could be found. One during night and one in a cave. Tedious but doable.

However Electrum is another story completly. It only drops from a Golem found on Volcano Island but you have to be very lucky to get it. Needless to say I've spent 3 hours to make the Golem spawn and then actually loot 2 pieces of Electrum. Retarded end game design.

ED6EDAB8A860118BE7A992F2DA7BB912F19E9645

The stat upgrades are not worth the effort but the weight reduction is great in case of greatswords and hammers.

But then the game decided to give me the finger. I don't know how the dynamic difficulty works but - suddenly - I got Drakes with 7 HP bars and Golems with nukes.

Instead of feeling like a God, I ended up feeling weaker than before. At some point I had to hit a goblin twice to kill him, now I had to hit him 3 times. WTF!?

No drama but this dynamic difficulty is bullshit. It soured the game for me.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
But then the game decided to give me the finger. I don't know how the dynamic difficulty works but - suddenly - I got Drakes with 7 HP bars and Golems with nukes.

Instead of feeling like a God, I ended up feeling weaker than before. At some point I had to hit a goblin twice to kill him, now I had to hit him 3 times. WTF!?

:lol: It really sounds like a thing I've heard about tbh.

0nk9bz9lfth41.jpg

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Well, this run was more like an experiment.

I was curious to see (1) if it's possible to reach Volcano Island from the beginning of the game? and (2) if it's possible to max upgrade a weapon before end game?

The answer is Yes for 1st question; basically the entire world is accesible from start game.

From Vermund to Battahl there is one cave called Thunderclap Cave and from Battahl to Volcano Island there is the Drabnir's Grotto.

The answer is Yes for the 2nd question however the end game upgrades are a pain in the ass. Huge pain in the ass.

I decided to upgrade this hammer because it has the biggest knockdown damage.

E6ECC89859132C2429D07908051BA9479F0F9EB6

Well, Wailing Crystal can only be looted from Lich enemies. There are 2 places in Battahl where they could be found. One during night and one in a cave. Tedious but doable.

However Electrum is another story completly. It only drops from a Golem found on Volcano Island but you have to be very lucky to get it. Needless to say I've spent 3 hours to make the Golem spawn and then actually loot 2 pieces of Electrum. Retarded end game design.

ED6EDAB8A860118BE7A992F2DA7BB912F19E9645

The stat upgrades are not worth the effort but the weight reduction is great in case of greatswords and hammers.

I find it hard to believe you beat a Lich without hiring high level pawns. He eats pawns for breakfast.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I find it hard to believe you beat a Lich without hiring high level pawns. He eats pawns for breakfast.

I made this clip for you.

Now, I'm waiting for another retarded comment.

There is no retarded comment. I respect a man who uploads proof. You were smart to tell your pawns to chill. Mine got fucked by him every time, LMAO.

My preferred gend- my preferred vocation doesn't allow me to solo such beasts.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I made this clip for you.

Now, I'm waiting for another retarded comment.

There is no retarded comment. I respect a man who uploads proof. You were smart to tell your pawns to chill. Mine got fucked by him every time, LMAO.

My preferred gend- my preferred vocation doesn't allow me to solo such beasts.

I didn't tell them to wait. They were busy with the rest of the mobs.

Anyway, this fight is funny. The "final" hit was actually from an exploding zombie :D

The fight from the cave is harder because all the mobs are undeads + death knight + Lich.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
From steam:

This game has a dynamic difficulty scaling. Not much is known but based on your performance the game gets more difficult. For some player it seems buggy.
One guy performed so good, only Drakes spawn in his game.

What I noticed in my game is:
- I need the same time to kill a Cyclops now with level 63 and op gear as when I was level 20 with low gear -> they must get more health and defense and stagger resistance
-normal Ogre hit much harder and can 3 shot me, at the beginning it was far easier to kill them
- Concerning Dullahan the one in the side mission was manageable, but if I encounter them now, they get barely damage and hit hard.

Yeah. This is bad design.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

2 minutes in and that retard said literally that DD:DA had "amazing combat but almost everything else is complete shit". Yeah no need to waste time watching the rest of that video. What a dumbfuck

I'm playing DD:DA right now and have to agree that except combat and character progression that are fine, there's not much in this game.

While exploration is fun, 90% of the time it's not very rewarding in terms of good and unique loot (maybe outside BBI, haven't visited it yet).

Worldbuilding is thin as paper, the whole duchy is just one empty castle town, one coastal village and a few decrepit fortresses here and there, divided by emptieness. There are no farms, no fields, just a few pastures where cattle feeds.

Quests are mostly of fetch and kill variety. Since there are no dialogue options you just hear what other people have to say and act on it.

Plot is a meh generic fantasy storyline.

I'm still playing it for the battles with bosses, because the regular enemies lack variety: its wolves, goblins, saurians and bandits everywhere. I'm sure bandits constitute the majority of the population of Gransys, which makes you ask, who are they stealing from to survive?

This game is amazing, that's why 'dexers love it so much. I mean, it might have:
- level scalling
- no dialogue choices and simple dialogues
- starfield-level story and quests
- exploration interrupted by constant never-ending grind on trashmobs

But it also has pretty graphics + tits and ass, clearly RPGCodex 2024 GotY.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I can't remember what it's long range grapple is called but it failed to yank Herpes out of the sky
It's a you problem.

Though the best use of the skill is pulling the target of 2h wars and watch them whiff a long winded attack.
No. I hit them multiple times, it didn't rip them from the sky. Like I said it was probably because it was the base version of the skill and I was fighting stronger Herpes. Regardless, I switched back to archer and they became nothing :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom