Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Maybe. One character from trailer activates my gaydar with his gayish lispy smug voice. I'll let you guess which one

Gays are guaranteed, but only 1-3 minor characters. And they existed. In high circles in exactly that percentage. 1-3%. Little bit more if we talking bishops. Some bishops and early Popes would make Slaanesh blush

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Overall trailer gets 1.5% WOKE and 98.5% BASED score. I expect game to have BASED score in high 80s, low 90s. Most likely will be most BASED game to be released in West in last 10 years. If we're talking AAA, no need to think about it. Yes

Trailer alone is already most BASED trailer for any AAA Western game in 2020s

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
It's greedy to expect a studio to make 2 good games in one lifetime and you should all be ashamed.

With that in mind, I hope that Henry gets kicked to death by a lesbian horse in the first hour because, as a mysoginist, he expected a strong woman to carry him around on her back. Typical.

Then he will be replaced by a much more worthy protagonist, a half Chinese, half African quadriplegic blind amputee with a learning disability, CKD, breast cancer requiring a mastectomy, anxiety, PTSD and pregnancy (it's a girl protagonist btw). She and the horse will ride around and spread word of the gender pay gap and how atheism will cure it.

For the final boss she will impale the pope through his butthole after defeating his elite guards with her naturally acquired sword skills, becoming the new undisputed champion of the new Catholic matriarchy of atheism. She will then marry the horse because men are pigs and she don't need 'em.

Oh!! I almost forgot. They will also add elves to the game. Enjoy.
We will find out Theresa had a dick. The Cumans let her be when they pulled up her skirts.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
possibly even an Italian or two

NTQ3

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
and unfortunately we live in a world where consoles serve as the baseline.
Even without consoles developers would try to aim for larger hunk of playerbase, not just for people who have top rigs.

I honestly hope he doesn't, we all know how vindictive and hiveminded gaming journos are, if he doesn't give them a reason to hate on it this might just well be GOTY material and show the industry there's a place for non woke good video games.
Even if he does, the game will defend itself by its own merits. There were people trying to bury Kingdom Come: Deliverance because of Vavra before and they failed misreably. I doubt they will fare any better with the sequel.

That's a slight understatement, no? In the first game, religion was background colour, rather than the foundational element of society; or the barrel of black powder that kept exploding in Bohemia from the death of Hus, all the way to The Battle of White Mountain and almost made the Czechs cease to be a nation.
The Hussite Wars, in which religion was at the forefront, are yet to come. There is some foreshadowing of that in Kingdome Come: Deliverance.

The year is 2024. We are about to play a non-pozzed RPG with no diversity or body type 1/2. How did this happen, bros?

:philosoraptor:
Easy - you get a fixed character in an actually historical game.

Cologno

Educated
WOKE is literally anti-human chaos cult. This game was revealed inside cathedral singing hymns to God. I have a feeling this will be pretty based game

Original did have a slight secular bias though. Can't expect people today to have an understanding how truly pervasive religion was in those days. Kingdom Come lacked a massive amount of religious events that would have been super common back in the day. It still wasn't outright AGAINST religion though, which i guess by modern standards is better than notnothing.
Was and still is. Faith is central to human evolution apparently. Christianity got replaced or subsumed into Gaia worship. Same mentality that propelled retards to go on Crusades in faraway lands is pretty much the same mentality that'll enables modern progs to destroy the power grid to fight climate change. Because my weedeater pisses off Gaia or something.

ADL

Prophet
Always has been. People were giant fucking babies about the state of KCD and many were simply filtered by the limited save mechanic and nature of the game itself.

goregasm

Scholar
Definitely more than playable, had that shit day one and it ran fine on a 1070 and an i5 7500. Slowdown in cities.

Recently upgraded pc big time and it's 60fps all day. Never really ran into any of the apparent game breaking bugs people had. Small shit like central Europeans getting caught on rocks or saying absurd stuff, but that's just realism baby!

I think most "bug" complainers were just upset about save systems and cumans poking them to death.

Anyway. Sequel is definitely a day one purchase, just looks like kcd but more, KCD is a hard game for me to rank but it's definitely up in my top 10 of all time, that really comes with a caveat, I think if you love the era it will be more enjoyable, if you don't particularly care for the era it might not shine as much, but still worth the price of admission.

goregasm

Scholar
My only worry is if they "rule of cool" it too much. I like the sort of groundedness of the first game, somehow the mundane stuff that was in it worked for me.

I get it's a reveal trailer, so they have to put some Hollywood type shit in there, I just hope the whole thing isn't like that.

I know they are looking to expand the potential sales for this, and looking to rope in people, and their money, who like their fortnights or social and moral degenerates is one thing.

Listening to their howels and placating them is another.

Yeah, my 2 worries:

1. It's gonna be too "epic", every quest a battle or some momentous endeavor. What made KCD cool was the down to earth nature of it.

2. In one of the youtube videos, they mention streamlining the combat so it's more accessible but still retains hardcore stuff for people who want it. Also that it's more focused on offense than in KCD. I hope it doesn't mean they dumb it down, or make it LMB spam like most other action RPGs. Also, for the love of God, I hope they remove masterstrike as it is in KCD, so I don't have to mod that shit out again.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
No shit people were pissed about the save system, if you're gonna limit saves your game better be running *flawlessly*. I know I lost a hell of a lot more progress to crashes than to cumans back when it came out, especially since you become a superhuman in the first 25% of the game. Absolutely infuriating.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom