Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

If you have to mod a game 2000 times to the point that it doesn't even play the same anymore, is it really the same game?
That's like some Ship of Theseus shit.
I don't apply many mods to Bethesda games for this very reason. Mostly, I take care of technical and QoL stuff, but nothing that detracts too much. Bethesda games are flimsy at best as they are, techinically speaking.

If you have to mod a game 2000 times to the point that it doesn't even play the same anymore, is it really the same game?
That's like some Ship of Theseus shit.
It depends on what mods you use. Vanilla+ is my modding philosophy, which means that all I apply are bug fixes, API updates, optimization patches, and anything that makes a game easier to play on modern computers without changing the core experience. Bringing back anything unused is probably the furthest I go, and that depends on how far in development it was in before it got axed.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Fallout 4, the best Fallout game, is back. 83k peak, for all the wrong reasons. But at least people are able to enjoy this amazing game. Glad to see you blokes pretending not to like it, while you log in another 100 hours.

fallout4bestfallout.png

Funny enough, with all the talk about the series lately, I was thinking about starting a new run myself. Maybe dip into something I've never done before like VATS / luck or go all-in on charisma.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Is it better to go with pistols for the lower AP cost or can rifles get the job done with sufficient agility investment?

Silverfish

Arbiter
Makes sense. Come to think of it, you can buy a silenced pipe pistol like five minutes after leaving the vault.

Yosharian

Arcane
Meanwhile FO4 shits itself at every available opportunity no matter how many fixes you use. NPCs and objects disappearing when you reload a save game after interacting with them for example.

Gargaune

Magister
83k peak, for all the wrong reasons.
Hey, we don't know that. Maybe it's all those Amazon watchers going "this sucks, I want a real Fallout." Or maybe it's players getting one last go with their modlists before Todd next-gens 'em into the grave.

Meanwhile FO4 shits itself at every available opportunity no matter how many fixes you use. NPCs and objects disappearing when you reload a save game after interacting with them for example.
Are you sure you clicked the right .exe? When you load the game, do you see a guy with a silver arm bitching about something called Arasaka?

Hey, we don't know that. Maybe it's all those Amazon watchers going "this sucks, I want a real Fallout." Or maybe it's players getting one last go with their modlists before Todd next-gens 'em into the grave.
They conviniently put the games on sale so it's probably people buying it for the first time too.

Yosharian

Arcane

Are you sure you clicked the right .exe? When you load the game, do you see a guy with a silver arm bitching about something called Arasaka?
Funny, I never encountered bugs like that in CP2077, not after the 2.0 update anyway

Yosharian

Arcane
Alright I restarted Frost with less retarded survival settings and it's honestly pretty good. The 'quests' are...yeah, just ignore any attempts NPCs make to talk to you, treat it as a combat simulator set in Boston and it's not bad at all. After nearly 4 hours I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have to start exploring the surface and... yeah, that's gonna be interesting.

Silverfish

Arbiter
VATS / luck

Tried this out earlier. Played for a couple of hours before getting bored with it (ran through Park Street Station). It's an extremely effective build, even more than I thought it'd be, but I couldn't get into it since you spend most of your time in combat locked in place. It's stupid, but I prefer the constant motion and readjusting that comes with a melee setup. I also didn't appreciate just how much I rely on blocking for creatures / melee raiders. Without it, I was reenacting one of those old "1,000 ways to die in Fallout" videos.

Come to think of it, you can buy a silenced pipe pistol like five minutes after leaving the vault.

This was actually way better than I remembered. I thought it was just a normal pipe pistol, but it's a bolt-action, and VATS builds aren't hampered by the slow fire rate. Insane weapon.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
has anyone ever expressed how jewish all the character look in FO4? it's something baked into the headmorph
even the blacks look like jews in blackface
recolour Preston and he's just an Israeli settler

Caim

Arcane
has anyone ever expressed how jewish all the character look in FO4? it's something baked into the headmorph
even the blacks look like jews in blackface
recolour Preston and he's just an Israeli settler
"Another settlement needs our help, I'll mark it on your map."
STARTED: RAIDER TROUBLES AT GAZA

Maldoror

Scholar
This is the only thing that could make the main plot interesting.

Essentially, yes. Being a synth yourself is the only viable reason I could ever foresee somebody wanting to join the Railroad. The fact that an entire faction of the game hinges on you believing that robots should be given equal rights (they shouldn't, they don't have souls like humans and animals do) is so fucking retarded. If you were a synth yourself, I can at least gleam how you might find kinship with other robots.
The Institute is retarded too, but for different reasons. The Minute Men are gay as hell. The Brotherhood suck but at least their ideals and goals are relatable and the protagonist is from the military.

Came here because I was interested in Falllout: London but it looks like it's super-delayed. Thanks, Bethesda!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom