Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ghost of Tsushima - open world game set in feudal Japan

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Did they fix the thing where if you upgrade your backstab, it looks like shit? Like you start the game with some really gory assassinates, but the upgrades shave time off, so a fully upgraded backstab just looks a really lazy, fast shank.

One of the things that bothered me about the game.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Every Sony published game is that way you get what you pay for when you buy PS ports.
I mean, not like I care, this being the Wokou version. I think it's fucking funny that they won't even let you opt out anymore though. Thanks Sony!

Also, the first 10 fucking minutes already confirm this is the best samurai game on the market and AssCreed has no chance in hell against it.
Way of the Samurai is a better samurai game. But yeah, Asscreed doesn't have the ghost of a chance against it.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Every Sony published game is that way you get what you pay for when you buy PS ports.
I mean, not like I care, this being the Wokou version. I think it's fucking funny that they won't even let you opt out anymore though. Thanks Sony!

Also, the first 10 fucking minutes already confirm this is the best samurai game on the market and AssCreed has no chance in hell against it.
Way of the Samurai is a better samurai game.

ss_10bdb521ccf37ac992de81e80526e9fb2eff5d2f.1920x1080.jpg

deama

Prophet
Ok I figured it out now, you have to set the "other actions" in accessibility to toggle, and then instead of holding right mouse button, you click right mouse button just as he's about to attack, that seems to be reliable.

deama

Prophet
Ok I figured it out now, you have to set the "other actions" in accessibility to toggle, and then instead of holding right mouse button, you click right mouse button just as he's about to attack, that seems to be reliable.
Eh nevermind, same godamnt shit.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Way of the Samurai is a better samurai game.

ss_10bdb521ccf37ac992de81e80526e9fb2eff5d2f.1920x1080.jpg
it's just funny shit you unlock AFTER completing game normally. tho wots 4 is pretty silly overall. my favorite is 3.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game has probably the worst 'lipsync' I've ever seen in a video game. What did they spend all the money on? The lipsync is usually out of actual sync and often feels like completely different words are spoken, it's all randomly and cheaply "AI generated", isn't it.

Also, is there a way to play 'kurosawa mode' but with original audio? I like the visual esthetics, but the degenerated audio bothers me a lot.

Last edited:

ferratilis

Magister
It runs well, the loading times are almost non-existent, it looks nice, but man, the movement and combat are janky af. Spiders and PB games are way ahead when it comes to hitboxes and movement both inside and outside of combat. I'm playing on Lethal mode, but will switch to a lower difficulty because of how inconsistent hits in combat are, I just can't develop a feel for it. They're using some kind of weird semi lock on system where you don't actually lock on to an enemy, but instead it's proximity or threat based, and it sucks. Sekiro this is most certainly not.

Lol, you are insane if you think the combat is janky, it's amazing. My only problem with it is those dudes that have red/blue attacks, there is not enough time to respond to them on higher difficulties, but otherwise it's a glorious combat system.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Lol, you are insane if you think the combat is janky, it's amazing. My only problem with it is those dudes that have red/blue attacks, there is not enough time to respond to them on higher difficulties, but otherwise it's a glorious combat system.
Also using Ctrl or Alt for defense is shit but then again you can count the console ports with good PC controls out of the box on one hand.

I re-mapped block/parry to RMB immediately. The Alt dodge thing is not the best, but given that it's directional and how many controls there are in GoT, they did the best they could. It's not like Skyrim with 3 things to do. Is not the same as janky at all.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Its a bit odd how the quality varies. The game looks and plays great but then the lip sync looks like shit.

Also I guess Tsushima is VERY WINDY.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also using Ctrl or Alt for defense is shit but then again you can count the console ports with good PC controls out of the box on one hand.
Get a mouse with more buttons.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This game has probably the worst 'lipsync' I've ever seen in a video game. What did they spend all the money on? The lipsync is usually out of actual sync and often feels like completely different words are spoken, it's all randomly and cheaply "AI generated", isn't it.
The game was written by Americans in English. They didn't bother doing a Japanese VO lipsync.

ferratilis

Magister
If you think lip syncing in this game is bad, look up some dialogues in Horizon Zero Dawn. Nightmare fuel. Both the lip syncing and facial animations.

Ash

Arcane
The average PC gamer proving they too have zero standards:

https://store.steampowered.com/charts/topselling/US

#1 in steam sales charts, and overtook God[awful] of War as the best-selling PS port.

People are talking about about mass murder of all AAA devs in another thread here. Nah, if we're going that far in hypotheticals then we should start with 90% of gamers too. Yes game devs are shameless sellouts and the onus of this industry's integrity or lack thereof is on them (and the people above them), yet if adult gamers weren't so mediocre the necessity to make mediocre games wouldn't exist. Adult gamers constantly fap over worthless braindead zero substance games old and new, it's disappointing. This hobby used to be magical.

It's a good game though. I mean obviously there is the central Ubisoftness (complete 400,000,000 markers on map), and some console elements (die, respawn nearby with enemy gone) that keep it from being a great game, but the combat is top notch, the writing/quests are well done, very high quality graphics, and unlike many Ubisoft games, the grind is actually logically tied into the whole "resist the Mongols" theme. Not close to perfect by any means, but overall a well done game.

The Decline

Arcane
The average PC gamer proving they too have zero standards:

https://store.steampowered.com/charts/topselling/US

#1 in steam sales charts, and overtook God[awful] of War as the best-selling PS port.

People are talking about about mass murder of all AAA devs in another thread here. Nah, if we're going that far in hypotheticals then we should start with 90% of gamers too. Yes game devs are shameless sellouts and the onus of this industry's integrity or lack thereof is on them (and the people above them), yet if adult gamers weren't so mediocre the necessity to make mediocre games wouldn't exist. Adult gamers constantly fap over worthless braindead zero substance games old and new, it's disappointing. This hobby used to be magical.

I sometimes feel like the only sane person in an insane asylum.

:negative:

Ash

Arcane
I mean obviously there is the central Ubisoftness (complete 400,000,000 markers on map),

Among other core awfulness.

and some console elements (die, respawn nearby with enemy gone)

Wut.

but the combat is top notch,

Squandered potential. It's ruined by heavy repetition, low difficulty & low stakes (too many dumb OP upgrades), they pussied out on the gore, and decline elements like auto aim instakill Kunai or automated airborne assassinations, in addition with being tied to a overall mediocre game. Still, the combat is fairly decent and one of the saving graces.

They also went for a overall brutal realism depiction/theme but often it's trivialized by the above such as low stakes combat, as well as the writing, among other things.

the writing/quests are well done,

Mixed bag.

very high quality graphics, and unlike many Ubisoft games, the grind is actually logically tied into the whole "resist the Mongols" theme.

It's going to have to take more than that.

Anyways, no matter how much I or others whine nothing changes. The game is one of the better AAA shit in recent years, knock yourselves out and everyone can rejoice and fester in the mediocrity. Thanks for ruining my beloved hobby.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom