Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News SSI Dragonlance, Dark Sun and Ravenloft RPGs released on GOG

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Champions of Krynn; Dark Sun: Shattered Lands; Dark Sun: Wake of the Ravager; Death Knights of Krynn; DreamForge Intertainment; Ravenloft: Stone Prophet; Ravenloft: Strahd's Possession; Strategic Simulations, Inc.; The Dark Queen of Krynn

Some of the most interesting and imaginative D&D computer RPGs -- the Dark Sun, the Ravenloft, and the Krynn series -- are now out on GOG! (You may remember that a bunch of Gold Box RPGs already came out on GOG earlier.)

At the behest of the mighty wizards, you have made a thousand-hour journey through the Forgotten Realms. As you reminisce upon your experiences, the critical hits, and the skill checks, little do you know that your quest is far from over. At dawn, you choose a new path through the DRM-free realm of GOG.com, and seek more adventure in the realms of Krynn, Dark Sun, and Ravenloft.

The missing pieces of cRPG history are coming back together! Our Dungeons & Dragons inventory just got bigger with three new packs containing seven long lost RPG digital premieres.

-- Dungeons & Dragons: Ravenloft Series - featuring Strahd's Possession, Stone Prophet - is one of the largest and most popular D&D settings ever. A gothic-noir universe ruled by the dark powers that be.

-- Dungeons & Dragons: Krynn Series - featuring Champions of Krynn, Death Knights of Krynn, The Dark Queen of Krynn - a trilogy of famous Dragonlance stories, based on the incredibly successful Forgotten Realms video-game formula.

-- Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Sun Series - featuring Shattered Lands, Wake of the Ravager - a pair of titles set in the post-apocalyptic take on D&D - a world where magic is banished and water is as scarce as hope.

Traverse, and become lost once more in, the incredible digital worlds of Dungeons & Dragons - once again resurrected from video game limbo and delivered straight to your modern computer. Hassle free, DRM-free, on GOG.com!​

With these releases, GOG now has a large chunk of SSI's RPG catalog available. Here's hoping for the Buck Rogers games and the Phantasie series, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Madmate

Novice
Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Buck Rogers and Phantasie are non-D&D settings, so they might take some effort. I say it's time to bring back MCA's old shame, Descent to Undermountain. :cool:

Mortmal

Arcane
59.99 but at least some of it was going to the authors.. Alh well another news from our sponsors, well worthy of IGNdex.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
It's free on TPB. ;)

By the way can you just extract the dos files from the installer without needing to install all the crap?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Hopefully they live up to expectations. The GB release on GOG just showed that these games to hold up . Their controls are just pure shit it ruins any goodness the games might atcually have. I just had tos top playing them due to shit controls.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I briefly played a bit of the first eye of the beholder and some pool of radiance back in the day. What is the consensus on the packages that GOG have to get?

Which have:
a). best optimisation and improvement
b). non-"rose coloured glasses" retrospection and are actually objectively good rpgs

At this stage I'm leaning to Eye of the beholder games because I remember this the most clearly.

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I found Pool of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds surprisingly easy to get in again, and
not being alienated by systems, interface nor graphics. I remember, when I was revisiting
Master of Magic for example, I didn't know what was what and how to get into again.

As for the Krynn games, I only had a copy without a manual on the C-64.
And I never managed, over years of searching, to get hold of boxed copy.
I'd wager to say, if those are holding up as well as the aforementioned,
they'd be an enjoyable experience, without any nostalgia.

But someone who has given them a spin, some time in this decade,
might shed some light, whether to wait to get a copy (on a sale).

Last edited:

btbgfel

Scholar
GB,EotB. They brought back memories of how I hated those beholders' guts.

Ash_Firelord

Educated
b). non-"rose coloured glasses" retrospection and are actually objectively good rpgs

This. Are any of these worth playing for anyone that won't get the special feels that come from reliving their lonely and sub-par childhood?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Stone Prophet is a great dungeon crawler, really atmospheric. And has one of the best inventory arts ever:

Kzaq2w5.png

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
EoB series and dungeon hack were released back in August on GOG.

Yeah, I checked already. Looks like they're part of a collection, which is why they don't show up in front page search. JudasIscariot, you guys should fix that; I usually use front page search to check if the game is available on GOG.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Can't stand Dragonlance, but Dark Sun is essential and I've always had a soft spot for the second Ravenloft game. The pack should have come with Menzoberranzan since it's basically the same thing. I'll be picking these up eventually.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Dragonlance novels are great reads when you're sitting in a jail cell and going through withdrawals from a 3 pack a day habit.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hopefully they live up to expectations. The GB release on GOG just showed that these games to hold up . Their controls are just pure shit it ruins any goodness the games might atcually have. I just had tos top playing them due to shit controls.

Fucking faggit, learn to use the keyboard and shortcuts like a human, not a mouse dragging ape!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom