Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 coming late January

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Paradox Interactive; Pillars of Eternity; Pillars of Eternity: The White March

Development on the second part of the Pillars of Eternity: The White March expansion pack has hummed along quietly since the release of the first part back in August. The game has received a few patches since then, the latest of which added affliction immunities to the game, while the writing team have busied themselves authoring a new collection of short stories about its companions. But nothing earth-shattering enough to post about here. Today, just as people have begun to get antsy, Obsidian have published a press release announcing a release date for The White March Part 2 - late January 2016. Oddly, despite the fact that they have a host of interesting new features lined up, the press release chooses to emphasize the addition of a Beamdog-style "Story Mode" difficulty level instead. Guess that must be in demand. Anyway, here it is:

IRVINE, CA (November 16, 2016): Obsidian Entertainment and Paradox Interactive announced today thatThe White March – Part 2, the second expansion to Pillars of Eternity, will be released late January 2016, bringing players back to the snowy borderlands of The Eastern Reach.

The White March – Part 2 adds new content to the Pillars of Eternity universe, including new quests, new abilities, and a new companion: Meneha, the Barbarian. The expansion also offers players a higher level cap, and the new “Story Time” mode, letting players experience the incredible narrative of Pillars of Eternity at a faster pace. Directed by Josh Sawyer, Game Director of Fallout: New Vegas and Pillars of Eternity, The White March - Part 2 features an expertly crafted story from Eric Fenstermaker, lead writer of Pillars of Eternityand the co-writer of South Park: The Stick of Truth, and Carrie Patel, author of the Recoletta series and writer on the original Pillars of Eternity.

Pillars of Eternity, created by role-playing game (RPG) veterans also known for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords and South Park: The Stick of Truth, is a RPG inspired by classic titles such as Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment. Created thanks to over 75,000 crowdfunding backers, Pillars of Eternity has sold over 600,000 units, was released to critical acclaim in March 2015, and is #6 on Metacritic’s 15 Best PC Games of 2015. The White March - Part 2 completes the story began in the first expansion, The White March – Part 1, bringing the first epic chapter in the Pillars of Eternity universe to a close.

For more information on Pillars of Eternity, visit http://pillarsofeternity.com/.
600,000 copies already, huh? It wasn't so long ago that they were celebrating 500,000. Those Steam discounts really do the trick.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Are they on Unity 5 yet?

Perkel

Arcane
Are they on Unity 5 yet?

Why would that matter ?
I mean PoE is not 3D game and most of upgrades to Unity5 comes from 3D rendering with their new shiny PBR renderer (and better performance)

PoE on other hand is 2D (with 3d elements) and works like magic on toasters.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
PoE was selling like hotcakes on the Steam and Gog sales; I bought 2 copies to give away and the game was ranked in the top 10 during those days in both sites. Even if they got a $10 cut per unit they must have sold al least another 100k

Delbaeth

Learned
So no other add on for Pillars of Eternity ? Do we expect Pillars 2 (or whatever name they will give it) right after that ?

(sorry, still waiting for the right moment to play Pillars of Eternity (not enough mood), so I try to avoid spoilers)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In a way, they're "waiting" right now. The game came out almost eight months ago.

I think there's a pretty good chance they'll hop right to it.

Perkel

Arcane
I don't think they will jump right to Pillars 2, they will probably wait a while.

:hahyou:

I say Pillars 2 have been already in the works even before Pillars 1 finished. Pillars if not now then soon will become best profitable venture for Obsidian judging by sales it received and that they keep all the profits from it.

I fully expect in few months to see kickstarter or FUD (or whatever it was called) Pillars of Eternity 2 pitch where they will do it Larian Style help finish game.

Xeon

Augur
If they do a kickstarter, I hope they do it for a new IP.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I have no problem with them waiting a while for Pillar of Eternity 2, they can take as long as they want, 5, 6, 7, 10 years, I'm in no hurry.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I hope they take their time with this one.

As do I. I think this time, they can actually spend the time and think about what they want to do. The whole Kickstarter taking off like crazy just threw them off, and they just did not allow for enough development time and resources.

Looking forward to the second one though. I want to see where they go with this setting.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Why would that matter ?
I mean PoE is not 3D game and most of upgrades to Unity5 comes from 3D rendering with their new shiny PBR renderer (and better performance)

PoE on other hand is 2D (with 3d elements) and works like magic on toasters.

The big reason to move to Unity 5 is for the 64-bit Unity IDE.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
As do I. I think this time, they can actually spend the time and think about what they want to do. The whole Kickstarter taking off like crazy just threw them off, and they just did not allow for enough development time and resources.

Looking forward to the second one though. I want to see where they go with this setting.

I just wish they ditched the whole setting. You dont need to go all Witcher GOT dirty fantasy, or try to emulate Forgotten Dragonlance Realms, I expected metal Sword and Sorcery from Obsidian and got Sagani. Get a grip guys, the game was at least decent.

Pegultagol

Erudite
"Story Mode"

5519xy.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom