Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #44: New trailer, release date is now December 18th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Stygian Software; Underrail

Yes, you read right. Underrail, the game that's so good that its release date actually gets moved earlier. From the latest development update:

Hi guys. Just a quick update to let you know we're moving release date forward to December 18th. Everything else remains as stated earlier.

Also, we did a much needed new trailer for the release. Enjoy.

Just one week left!

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
In b4 pushing it back once again :D

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Still not coming out on Thursday.
:decline:
Kidding. Ain't this around the time steam sale craziness usually occurs?

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Does this mean we can ban anyone talking about the new SW at release? Knowing what they weren't doing when they watched.

Tao

Savant
YAY! Now i have an excuse:

Friend
-Why dont you come to SW movie?
Me:
-Because i will be playing a real Fallout secuel and not that shit you morons call rpg
Friend
-Now i remembered why we dont like you.
Me:
- *sadface*

"To being truth is to be alone" Lord Edgy Tao

Cadmus

Arcane
Oh shit, what a cool trailer! I don't even know this game but it looks good.

BelisariuS.F

Augur
YAY! Now i have an excuse:

Friend
-Why dont you come to SW movie?
Me:
-Because i will be playing a real Fallout secuel and not that shit you morons call rpg
Friend
-Now i remembered why we dont like you.
Me:
- :obviously:

"To being truth is to be alone" Lord Edgy Tao

Fixed that for you.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So how long is this game ?
Someone told me the writing was awful ?

I bought it out of Codex Pavlov reflex but I know shit about the game.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
So how long is this game ?
Someone told me the writing was awful ?

I bought it out of Codex Pavlov reflex but I know shit about the game.
I would estimate a first playthrough at around 40+ hours but might be longer as we havent seen the endgame yet.

The writing is not going to blow you away but it isnt worse than writing in the majority of other games, with the added benefit of being quite straight and to the point in most instances.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So, what are it's good features then?

I bought this a long time ago and can't wait to finally give it a spin!

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
This new trailer reflects better the current state of the game and its new locations, but I still prefer the older trailer made by felipepe.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
So, what are it's good features then?

I bought this a long time ago and can't wait to finally give it a spin!

Combat systems, crafting, variety of builds, lots of perks, exploration, post-apocalyptic atmosphere and 2D art.

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Interestingly enough, a lot of people have complained about TOO much expository writing and dialogue in recent RPGs, and them just being a "clickfest" to wade through and advance the story.

Wasteland 2 suffers from this, Pillars of Eternity suffers ALOT from this, D:OS, Shadowun and perhaps even AoD to a lesser extent.

Underrail does away with a lot of that, and just gets to the point, without losing flavour. This means the story and writing never gets annoying or gets boring to read through.

Meanwhile, the combat, setting and explorationary aspects are all top notch.

Last edited by a moderator:

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
This means the story and writing never gets annoying or gets boring to read through.

Meanwhile, the combat, setting and explorationary aspects are all top notch.
Sums it up for me!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom