Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Buy Oblivion music today!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Yes, there's no point in holding off for another week or so to listen to <b>Jeremy Soule</b>'s wonderful music for <A href="http://www.elderscrolls.com/">Oblivion</a> when you can buy it <b>TODAY</b> for just <b>$9.99</b> and still pay full price for the game later on! You can just <a href="http://www.elderscrolls.com/links/links_directsong.htm">click this link</a> and enjoy all the hit themes your friends and you will be talking about for weeks to come! Buy them all today!
<br>
<br>
Oh, there's also samples there to peak your interest. They didn't really do much for me. Though, it did make me considering having an award at the end of the year for <i>Most Generic Fantasy Music Scored by a Once Great But Now Overrated Composer</i>.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.shacknews.com">Shack News</A>

Relien

Scholar
Hmm, not enough to form an opinion, but it looks ok to me. I don't really like the theme song much (Reign of Septims in those samples). I guess the enjoyment of the music will depend (to some degree) on the enjoyment of the game and vice versa, so I think people who will like Oblivion will like the music too. It will be associated with the impressive unforgetable moments in the game for them.

HotSnack

Cipher
They all seem rather epic-esque. Surely there must be a soundtrack for when the hero just wants to buy some milk?

mckracken

Novice
It must be noted that the music to Icewind Dale is one of the greatest game soundtracks of alltime.

(and I must know because I collect the things for years)

That said, I agree that Soule's output in the last few years did not win me over anymore.
Examples are his works for the Elderscrolls and Guild Wars.

Jora

Arcane
mckracken said:
It must be noted that Icewind Dale is one of the greatest Game Soundtracks of alltime.
Agreed. Walking in Kuldahar is a magical experience.

Drakron

Arcane
Soule is kinda a hit or miss ... I enjoyed KotOR soundtrack because they were not shameless rip-offs of the movies soundtrack as KotOR2 with its digital super microphone is.

I did not enjoy Morrowind soundtrack, since it seens to be in the same style ... worst was guild wars sound track that managed to send me into a berserker rage with its repetition.

Proweler

Scholar
Pff, this is stupid comercial shit. Get the game, get your soundtrack.

Excalibur

Liturgist
I actualy bought, its not that bad, i like the 1st track, whatever i was bored, but this shit sould have been in the fucking collectors edition, but ah well

VasikkA

Liturgist
Can't you just snitch the music off the disk? Assuming you've bought the copyright to the songs with the game. By the way, you can download Fallout's soundtrack for free, so $9.99 is a rather crappy bargain.

Tintin

Arbiter
It is basically worthless to buy the CD since you'll be getting the mp3s in the game anyways (unless Bethesda decided to encode the music, which is unlikely), in pretty much identical quality.

The soundtrack seems better then Morrowind from the samples on the site. Though I still find the sped up version of the Morrowind theme (now TES theme) for the french horns in the first track absurd, most of the stuff here is more original and better then Morrowind, which sounded more repetitive, though this is obviously because in Morrowind he had to do music to fit all situations, all places, etc.

Twinfalls

Erudite
Oh my fucking word this stuff is DREADFUL. What's been previewed here wouldn't even cut it as C-grade new-age music for some backwater crystal and bead shop. Talk about repetitive, generic, nothing-music. Congrats to the Oblivion team, they must be so proud that this vacuousness is the aural complement to their game's visual splendors. What a fitting leap down from the Daggerfall soundtrack.

Tintin

Arbiter
Talk about repetitive, generic, nothing-music. Congrats to the Oblivion team, they must be so proud that this vacuousness is the aural complement to their game's visual splendors. What a fitting leap down from Daggerfall's soundtrack.

It must be fun to bash something for the reason that it's associated with Oblivion.

The funniest thing is the way you try and insult the music - without actually describing any problems with the music. :lol:

Twinfalls

Erudite
Oh here we go again. Tintin 'I am a film composer' and 'Daggerfall's music cannot be better than Morrowind's because it's in MIDI', up to his usual beth-sucking.

Why don't you name the films you have scored, Tinty, and explain in detail why you consider the Oblivion music to be better and so much more 'original' than its predecessors. Then we'll talk.

Tintin

Arbiter
Twinfalls said:
Oh here we go again. Tintin 'I am a film composer' and 'Daggerfall's music cannot be better than Morrowind's because it's in MIDI', up to his usual beth-sucking.

Why don't you name the films you have scored, Tinty, then we'll talk.

Well, since I said I was a film composer and not a mega sucessful millionare, I doubt you will have heard of the films from Argentina (where I am from) that I have scored...

Do you want me to say "amateur film composer" instead? Will that satisfy you, "Twinny"?

Daggerfall's music cannot be better than Morrowind's because it's in MIDI

You made that up. Not me. Especially since I worked with MIDI everyday :roll:

up to his usual beth-sucking.

Similar to your idiotic "hate all things Beth".

Why don't you tell us what's wrong with the music in coherent dialogue Twinfalls? Don't mask your ignorance of the subject by saying "this dumb not-music, generic empty music, lol". List some actual problems with the music. Don't spout off some crap about how it's C grade new age music (about an orchestral score, nonetheless).

Twinfalls

Erudite
Figured. You claim to be a 'film composer', yet are unable to name the films you have scored. You claim DF's music cannot be better than MW's purely because it's in MIDI, then deny it outright. You ask for some kind of detailed explanation of the (plainly obvious) failings of the Oblivion music, yet are unable to back up your daft enthusings ("It's so original!!") with any detail.

Up to your usual standard on these boards then.

My suggestion: Go listen to some SoNiC YouTH again. Maybe you'll learn something from them this time. Remember - they're Kewl.

Tintin

Arbiter
You claim to be a 'film composer', yet are unable to name the films you have scored.

Esta Noch, La Hiena Humana, Modelo Para Armar, did that make a fucking difference to you now? What, are you going to take everything I say seriously now? No, I thought not :roll:

You claim DF's music cannot be better than MW's purely because it's in MIDI, then deny it outright.

No, I said a composition for 4 or 5 midi instruments is less complex then a score for a full orchestra.

Up to your usual standard on these boards then.

lol ya i sux

You ask for some kind of detailed explanation of the (plainly obvious) failings of the Oblivion music

Right, if they are so plainly obvious, you should have no trouble writing up a quick explanation, right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom